NFL arranges workout for QB Colin Kaepernick

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

well yes, some exceptions work out. its why theyre called exceptions. and quite frankly that hasnt been a rule in quite some time.

are you even arguing anything related to the thread. do you think colin shoild be sogned as a 3rd qb

what would be the point of having a roster spot for an older guy like that who is unlikely to play unless two guys in frontt of him get hurt. yiu think he has untapped upside after 3 years out? when would that be reached, at age 35? these are all common sense things and its why the vast, vast majority of teams dont have 3rd qbs that are older.

A) I don’t think Kaepernick is relegated to looking for a QB3 job, only. 

B) I think he fits as a backup on a playoff contending team that has a bad backup situation OR a team that will be actively QB hunting in 2020. 

C) QB3s are not relegated by age

10 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

A) I don’t think Kaepernick is relegated to looking for a QB3 job, only. 

B) I think he fits as a backup on a playoff contending team that has a bad backup situation OR a team that will be actively QB hunting in 2020. 

C) QB3s are not relegated by age

A) maybe, maybe not.

B) Probably not. 

C) 30 out of 32 teams seem to disagree. Before we get into silly debates, yes theyre are exceptions.

B) Probably not. 

Yeah, I’m sure David Fales, Sean Mannion, Cooper Rush, Garrett Gilbert, and the like, would be much better options...

C) 30 out of 32 teams seem to disagree. Before we get into silly debates, yes theyre are exceptions.

You made a wrong statement, bro. If there are exceptions, then saying “can’t” isn’t correct. 

Man, the NFL screwed him 3 years ago.

Now he's just screwing himself. If he REALLY wants to play he knows he has to make some concessions, and doesn't seem like he's ready to do that. He's just living in his dream world looking for his ideal situation...

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Not sure why people don't understand why he moved the workout. The NFL wouldn't allow media into the workout and the fear was that the NFL was going to edit his workout into only the bad throws to make it look worse. So, they moved it to a public location where everyone was welcome to watch and film it.

Remember, as others have said, the NFL sent out a VERY late notice that this workout was being held on a Saturday instead of the usual Wednesday. Teams send their scouts to colleges on Saturday's and their NFL guys are preparing for the next day's game on Saturday. It was a total sham to begin with.

Kind of hard to argue against Kaepernick when he wants as many people to see his raw workout as possible. How could you possibly argue that him wanting as many people to see the workout as possible means he doesn't want to play? I do think it's strange that no teams are even going the formal route to have a Wednesday workout with him, though. Either way, I'm not sure what the aftermath of this will be. His workout was him proving he didn't get any worse than he was before, but he doesn't look any better, either.

He has to trust the NFL if he ACTUALLY wants to play in the NFL.

Can't make it any more simple than this.

If he doesn't trust them with such a simple thing, why the heck should we (or the 32 teams) believe that he REALLY wants to play in the NFL?

10 minutes ago, kramxel said:

He has to trust the NFL if he ACTUALLY wants to play in the NFL.

Can't make it any more simple than this.

If he doesn't trust them with such a simple thing, why the heck should we (or the 32 teams) believe that he REALLY wants to play in the NFL?

Can you really blame him for not trusting them after they messed up something as simple of this?

5 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Can you really blame him for not trusting them after they messed up something as simple of this?

I can blame him for being delusional and thinking he can play again if he keeps acting like this.

Edited by kramxel

Let's be honest here.

If you could somehow ride the coattails of the Injustice Community and parlay it into both a sweet deal with Nike as a "Rebel" AND get a settlement from the NFL, and on top of all that do so without risking your body on the gridiron? And all you have to do to maintain that gravy train is to periodically proclaim your desire to play football again and perhaps run the risk of getting picked up after a workout?

You'd take it. You'd be a fool and a moron not to.

• Like 5