NFL arranges workout for QB Colin Kaepernick

RaidersAreOne

I heard Kaepernick looked quite bad in his workout. Not to mention 19 teams frowned upon him changing the location the same day and saw it as entitlement. That’s why 6 of 25 showed up at his new location. 

The collusion story is sad. Not collusion at all. Kaepernick is beyond a diva in every sense. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

Let’s dispense with the notion that he’s being 'blackballed.' Other players protested, yet they are still in the league. Kaepernick is acting like he's the only one that protested. He wants to be a victim, but many can see that he isn't.

Exactly. Kaepernick wants to play victim. Instead of being professional in his interview, he simply just bagged on the NFL over and over. 

It’s all fake. Just so shocked people don’t see through. But I’m not getting into any heated argument over this. 

• Like 1

I'm going to say this as non-controversial as possible. The world is full of real issues, lord knows this country is part of that. But not every sentence, word spoken, action taken has to be about those issues and you only hold yourself back from real change when you refuse to acknowledge that. When you make every moment of your life about the things you despise, you essentially become what you despise.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Dome said:

Im no QB expert, but his windup looked like it was taking forever.

its mechanics, it can be fixed, but he looked like JAG hucking a football around. Has he been working with coaches or trainers all this time?

No. His “been ready for 3 years” is insanely laughable. If Kaep wanted to be in the league he would of 100% been in the league by now. 

Once again, don’t wanna get in a heated argument so gonna stop posting here. Can’t believe he has so many fooled here though. 

3 hours ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

I may be wrong, but you seem to be under the impression that the NFL settled because they are guilty. There are many possible reasons why the NFL settled. 

This part:

4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The NFL was terrified of discovery, it was coming up in a few weeks, and the settlement was signed knowing this would be an issue. Why discussions don't keep going after that, I really don't know.

should have been a clue that you're wrong.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

^ 99% of all civil cases end in settlement about 3 weeks to 2 months before trial. Guilty or innocent. A settlement is usually way cheaper than a trial. Lawyer fees and court fees would of been over double easily. 

I didn't say the NFL was terrified of discovery because they were guilty.

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This part:

should have been a clue that you're wrong.

So basically there's stuff that could come out that would make the NFL look bad. Could be.

But I was more referring to this:

Yeah so there's some great evidence of either collusion through the league, or teams being fearful of league retaliation given the settlement. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

^ 99% of all civil cases end in settlement about 3 weeks to 2 months before trial. Guilty or innocent. A settlement is usually way cheaper than a trial. Lawyer fees and court fees would of been over double easily. 

Kaepernick settled for a sum between $1 and 10 million. That's hardly some massive windfall given the circumstances. It's easy to see why the league would consider that worth it. Harder to see why Kaepernick's camp would if they had any real evidence of collusion.

The actual wording of the waiver the league wanted him to sign is out there. Florio (who is unabashedly pro-Kaepernick) was forced to admit that:

Kaepernick’s representatives said that “the NFL has demanded that as a precondition to the workout, Mr. Kaepernick sign an unusual liability waiver that addresses employment-related issues and rejected the standard liability waiver from physical injury proposed by Mr. Kaepernick’s representatives.” Based on the language of the waiver, that’s an overstatement of its specific contents.

The relevant line that Florio latched onto in order to defend him still:

“any and all claims . . . caused by, arising out of, occurring during, or related directly or indirectly to the Workout

It's a massive stretch to claim that Kaepernick would have lost the right to all future claims if he signed. Florio tries to pretend, but I'll let people decide for themselves whether they buy it:

The phrase “directly or indirectly” should raise a bright red flag, because the term “indirectly” easily could be used to bootstrap a waiver intended to protect the NFL and all related parties against a personal injury lawsuit into a silver bullet that would defeat from the get go any claims for collusion or retaliation related to Kaepernick’s ongoing unemployment from the moment his February settlement agreement was signed through and beyond the November 16 workout.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/17/inside-the-waiver-proposed-by-the-nfl-to-colin-kaepernick/

The line clearly states related to the workout. Meaning, Kaepernick shouldn't be able to use the workout to booster a future claim. It takes some real pathetic lawyer logic to twist it further.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

Kaepernick settled for a sum between $1 and 10 million. That's hardly some massive windfall given the circumstances. It's easy to see why the league would consider that worth it. Harder to see why Kaepernick's camp would if they had any real evidence of collusion.

The actual wording of the waiver the league wanted him to sign is out there. Florio (who is unabashedly pro-Kaepernick) was forced to admit that:

The relevant line that Florio latched onto in order to defend him still:

It's a massive stretch to claim that Kaepernick would have lost the right to all future claims if he signed. Florio tries to pretend, but I'll let people decide for themselves whether they buy it:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/17/inside-the-waiver-proposed-by-the-nfl-to-colin-kaepernick/

The line clearly states related to the workout. Meaning, Kaepernick shouldn't be able to use the workout to booster a future claim. It takes some real pathetic lawyer logic to twist it further.

Finally some actual info on the waiver