Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

7 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Sure seems like a snub in those first two at least. I don't expect to win MVP or DPOY, but we should have some votes. 

I don't know from who. Bosa isn't even a lock for droy at this year; you can make a conversation for Josh Allen for sure. 

You look at what Donald is doing even mostly facing double and triple teams, or look how amazing TJ Watt has been, and we don't have anyone quite on that level. And that's before discussing the AFC East corners

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know from who. Bosa isn't even a lock for droy at this year; you can make a conversation for Josh Allen for sure. 

You look at what Donald is doing even mostly facing double and triple teams, or look how amazing TJ Watt has been, and we don't have anyone quite on that level. And that's before discussing the AFC East corners

If Nick doesn't win DROY I'm gonna be pissed. He's 2nd in the NFL in TFL and has had a lot of sacks on top of it. 

Normally I don't care about these awards, I'd say a probowl snub is actually good because sometimes they can get super pissed off and work that much harder (looking at you AA) but I put a hefty amount of money on Nick to win DROY lol 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

If Nick doesn't win DROY I'm gonna be pissed. He's 2nd in the NFL in TFL and has had a lot of sacks on top of it. 

Normally I don't care about these awards, I'd say a probowl snub is actually good because sometimes they can get super pissed off and work that much harder (looking at you AA) but I put a hefty amount of money on Nick to win DROY lol 

I think he will, but an argument can definitely be made for Allen. More sacks, more pressures, more knock downs, 1 more forced fumble (but doesn't have a pick, so these even out), and he's doing that while being double teamed more.

Bosa has more QB hits, tackles for loss, fumble recoveries (though these are kind of variable) and hurries. More importantly though, bosa has had better opportunity to show out on a stage and has taken advantage of it (Cleveland, Green Bay)

45 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think he will, but an argument can definitely be made for Allen. More sacks, more pressures, more knock downs, 1 more forced fumble (but doesn't have a pick, so these even out), and he's doing that while being double teamed more.

Bosa has more QB hits, tackles for loss, fumble recoveries (though these are kind of variable) and hurries. More importantly though, bosa has had better opportunity to show out on a stage and has taken advantage of it (Cleveland, Green Bay)

yeah, but I didnt bet on allen so its definitely not him lol 

(everyone should remember that I was driving the, lets draft Josh allen train in the offseason. dude is a stud)

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Allen has more pressures according to what site? Bosa was leading the league in pressures for a good bit of the season or right up at the top. Allen doesn't really have much of a case here. Bosa will rightfully win DROY in a landslide. 

Football reference. Allen has one more. 

I don't know how you say he doesn't have a case when I just listed the case above and it's at least a conversation given he's doing that while being doubled more per next gen stats

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Football reference. Allen has one more. 

I don't know how you say he doesn't have a case when I just listed the case above and it's at least a conversation given he's doing that while being doubled more per next gen stats

Pressure stats seem to be subjective depending on the site. For example, PFF 12 QB hits (not including sacks) and 42 QB hurries while Allen has 11 QB hits and 19 QB hurries. 

The voting isn't going to be close, it's going to be a landslide for Bosa. Dude went from -350 to -450 to win the DROY this week. Of course it helps he plays for a much better team getting more primetime games, but to say he isn't even a lock to win the award......Is wrong unless Allen explodes for like 6-8 sacks the next two weeks and Bosa either gets hurt or does nothing.

DPOY is going to Gilmore, DROY is going to Bosa and MVP is going to Jackson. 

The other awards may be up grabs, but the three I listed. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Pressure stats seem to be subjective depending on the site. For example, PFF 12 QB hits (not including sacks) and 42 QB hurries while Allen has 11 QB hits and 19 QB hurries. 

The voting isn't going to be close, it's going to be a landslide for Bosa. Dude went from -350 to -450 to win the DROY this week. Of course it helps he plays for a much better team getting more primetime games, but to say he isn't even a lock to win the award......Is wrong unless Allen explodes for like 6-8 sacks the next two weeks and Bosa either gets hurt or does nothing.

DPOY is going to Gilmore, DROY is going to Bosa and MVP is going to Jackson. 

The other awards may be up grabs, but the three I listed. 

He probably will win it. He shouldn't be a lock, and he'll probably win by more than he should.  Allens season has been very impressive, he just plays for the jags. Bosa will be a deserving winner, I just think it's a mistake to put him leaps and bounds ahead in terms of what they have both done this year. It's like people in the comparison forum who jump in with "it's not even close". 

Pff loves them some Nick bosa. It's kind of a joke for some of the people in gen. Can't blame them though, he's a stud. He does have a significantly higher win rate (23% to about 18%) then Allen, though that could be a byproduct if the significant difference in double teams (26% for Allen, I believe, 18% for Bosa)

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The team decided to pay Sherman his 1m snap bonus even though he didn't hit the required 90%. 

That's how you get guys wanting to be here. Nice move by the front office

Definitely the right thing to do. But man, these incentives for players really forces some of them to push through injuries when they are not truly ready. Football players don't make THAT much money and have short shelf lives so they pretty much have to go for it. Brutal stuff, just happy Lynch and the crew agreed to pay Sherman his incentive even if he didn't reach the 90% playing time. You could tell they really love Sherman and respect him dearly. Shanahan often times let's Sherman break the team down after wins and even said that he's a much better talker than he is. Sherman has been awesome here and a great leader, hopefully he ends his career here. Time to give him an extension this offseason. Let him end his career playing safety if he has to. 

• Like 1