Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Guys, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up...but I think we may have gotten a steal with this guy. He could be the real deal. 

Lynch should really be working on a extension rather soon. He's soooooo outplayed his draft position. Easily the best TE in the game. And its not even close really. The pundits would like you to believe the guy in KC and the other guy in Philly are on his level. They aren't.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Forge said:

Can someone explain to me how we are always playing on the road at New Orleans against the Saints during the regular season? It's really kind of irritating. 

4 of the last 5 times we have played in the regular season, we have been on the road. 

2020 - Saints are our common finish NFC South opponent. We were due to play this game on the road regardless of opponent. It happened to be the Saints. 

2019 - NFC South is our NFC division opponents. We played the Saints on the road because in 2016, the previous time we played the NFC South, we played the Saints at home.

2017 - We didn't play the Saints, but this was the last year we were due for our common NFC South opponent at home. We hosted the Panthers.

2016 - Saints at home for our playing the NFC South. We traveled to Atlanta and Carolina, the opposite of this year. 

2015 - Didn't play the Saints, but it was our turn to host our NFC South common finish opponent. We hosted the Falcons. 

2014 - It was our turn to play at our NFC South common finish opponent. It happened to be at the Saints. 

2013 - the NFC South was our division. We played at the Saints and Buccaneers because in 2010, we hosted them.

In 2012, we were playing at our NFC South common finish opponent. It happened to be at the Saints. 

In 2011, we hosted. It happened to be against the Buccaneers. 

In 2010, NFC South opponents. We hosted the Saints/Buccaneers. 

In 2009, we hosted. It happened to be against the Falcons. 

In 2008, we traveled. It happened to be against the Saints.

It's really just bad luck of having the team finishing with the same record as us ending up being the Saints every time we're due to travel to our NFC South opponent. You can count on getting the Saints at home in 2022. We would also have them at home in 2021 should each team finish with the same division rank in 2020. That just hasn't happened in a very long time.

But every three years we face the NFC South and you can expect to play the opposite of three years ago (although in 2007, we hosted the Saints and Buccaneers, so it happened twice in a row back then in 2007/2010). And then in the other two years in-between, you will play at a common finish opponent one year and host the other.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Jags are keeping Merrone so it looks like for Saleh it is Cleveland or bust for this season. If he gets the HC gig, then he will surely take one of the Mike's with him.

I then wonder if we make Ryans the DC? Or go after Wade Phillips possibly? 

• Like 1

George Kittle and Richard Sherman made the PFF 2019 All Pro Team as the starters. Great praise. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2019-pff-nfl-all-pro-team

Nick Bosa was also named PFF's Defensive Rookie of the Year. Nice spotlight article. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-nick-bosa-an-easy-call-for-pffs-defensive-rookie-of-the-year

Edited by PapaShogun

Maybe my most irrelevant post ever, but I was watching some interviews and does anyone else feel like we just have the most likable team we’ve ever had? If we were looking for a bad apple, who would it even be? Seriously, go down the roster and it seems like every one of these guys is just a quality individual that you don’t feel bad rooting for.  So glad we didn’t go after someone like Antonio Brown, Bell or OBJ. 

Greenlaw- In his postgame presser, such a respectful and humble dude. Then there’s the story that came out after the draft about the girl he helped at a party. 

Sherman- always hated him for obvious reasons.  Now I just love his post game rants about everyone besides himself. Always makes sure he highlights the unsung guys. 

Kittle- Most obnoxious guy on the team, but what’s not to love. 

Mostert- Been on so many teams and just loves getting his shot. 

Juice- Just quietly shuts his mouth and is one of the best FB in the history of the game. Never once seen him bring attention on himself. 

Staley- Always been classy. So happy seeing him get emotional after the game. 

Warner- Just talks leadership and team at all times. 

Bosa- Doesn’t say much and when he does it’s pretty monotone and boring. Never draws attention to himself. 

Mullens- Dude cried when he got to play on national TV, just loves the game and where he’s gotten when people doubted his ability.

I could go on and on, but even the guys at of us don’t love like Solly and Beathard are legit good people. But anyone who’s gotten a second of airtime after a big game like Breida, Mostert, Bourne, Deebo, Mosley, Buckner, Skule, Greenlaw..... you name em, they’ve been respectful, team first, and deflect any praise they get as just the coaches and teammates putting them in position to succeed. 

Where Lynch has failed to do his research on injuries, I’d say he’s excelled in creating an amazing group of people on this roster. I think he learned his lesson after wasting a first round pick on a talented but dumb individual who won’t have nearly the career that some of these less talented guys like Warner will have because he’s got talent between the ears. 

Winning makes everyone happy, but usually even on winning teams there’s some dissent or stories about someone wanting more touches or something. So once again, credit to Lynch on getting the right guys and credit to Shanahan for instilling a team first message and making sure any frustrations are handled in house.  

Ok, now everyone say a prayer that I didn’t just ruin it and an hour from now they’ll be breaking news that Jimmy G just punched a baby who asked for an autograph or something. 

• Like 3

Just now, straighthate said:

Maybe my most irrelevant post ever, but I was watching some interviews and does anyone else feel like we just have the most likable team we’ve ever had? If we were looking for a bad apple, who would it even be? Seriously, go down the roster and it seems like every one of these guys is just a quality individual that you don’t feel bad rooting for.  So glad we didn’t go after someone like Antonio Brown, Bell or OBJ. 

Greenlaw- In his postgame presser, such a respectful and humble dude. Then there’s the story that came out after the draft about the girl he helped at a party. 

Sherman- always hated him for obvious reasons.  Now I just love his post game rants about everyone besides himself. Always makes sure he highlights the unsung guys. 

Kittle- Most obnoxious guy on the team, but what’s not to love. 

Mostert- Been on so many teams and just loves getting his shot. 

Juice- Just quietly shuts his mouth and is one of the best FB in the history of the game. Never once seen him bring attention on himself. 

Staley- Always been classy. So happy seeing him get emotional after the game. 

Warner- Just talks leadership and team at all times. 

Bosa- Doesn’t say much and when he does it’s pretty monotone and boring. Never draws attention to himself. 

Mullens- Dude cried when he got to play on national TV, just loves the game and where he’s gotten when people doubted his ability.

I could go on and on, but even the guys at of us don’t love like Solly and Beathard are legit good people. But anyone who’s gotten a second of airtime after a big game like Breida, Mostert, Bourne, Deebo, Mosley, Buckner, Skule, Greenlaw..... you name em, they’ve been respectful, team first, and deflect any praise they get as just the coaches and teammates putting them in position to succeed. 

Where Lynch has failed to do his research on injuries, I’d say he’s excelled in creating an amazing group of people on this roster. I think he learned his lesson after wasting a first round pick on a talented but dumb individual who won’t have nearly the career that some of these less talented guys like Warner will have because he’s got talent between the ears. 

Winning makes everyone happy, but usually even on winning teams there’s some dissent or stories about someone wanting more touches or something. So once again, credit to Lynch on getting the right guys and credit to Shanahan for instilling a team first message and making sure any frustrations are handled in house.  

Ok, now everyone say a prayer that I didn’t just ruin it and an hour from now they’ll be breaking news that Jimmy G just punched a baby who asked for an autograph or something. 

Mostert is may end up as another one of those diamonds in the rough RBs that the Shanahans find(Mike and Kyle)

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jags are keeping Merrone so it looks like for Saleh it is Cleveland or bust for this season. If he gets the HC gig, then he will surely take one of the Mike's with him.

I then wonder if we make Ryans the DC? Or go after Wade Phillips possibly? 

I don’t think Shanny will allow it as they are basically ‘co’-coordinators. He blocked LaFluer from going to GB last year. I really don’t want to lose McDaniels; he knows his stuff and seems to be Shanny’s right hand man.

40 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I don’t think Shanny will allow it as they are basically ‘co’-coordinators. He blocked LaFluer from going to GB last year. I really don’t want to lose McDaniels; he knows his stuff and seems to be Shanny’s right hand man.

He didn't let Mike leave since he wasn't going to be calling plays. So unilateral move. He let Rich leave to be the OC of Denver. 

If Saleh gets a HC gig, I doubt Shanny blocks McDaniels or LaFluer since they will be the ones calling the plays. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He didn't let Mike leave since he wasn't going to be calling plays. So unilateral move. He let Rich leave to be the OC of Denver. 

If Saleh gets a HC gig, I doubt Shanny blocks McDaniels or LaFluer since they will be the ones calling the plays. 

I said the same thing to Cleveland fans. Probably wouldn't let defensive guys like woods or kocurek go with Saleh, but he'd let the offensive guys go

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I said the same thing to Cleveland fans. Probably wouldn't let defensive guys like woods or kocurek go with Saleh, but he'd let the offensive guys go

Yeah, Woods was huge in the improvement of the secondary but would be interesting to see the type of staff Saleh would put together.

Mike LaFluer over McDaniels is what I'm guessing due to personal relationship? Or possibly that makes him take McDaniels with him instead? Assuming of course he gets the gig over the other two.