Garrett suspended indefinitely, Ogunjobi out One game

zelbell

Honestly, all of this has kind of killed any desire I've had to watch the rest of the season/any in the near future. Not that I don't think we'll win enough games, but when the curtain is pulled back you really see how messed up the NFL is as a corporation. I think I'm out for now. 

Just now, Reginaldm9 said:

Honestly, all of this has kind of killed any desire I've had to watch the rest of the season/any in the near future. Not that I don't think we'll win enough games, but when the curtain is pulled back you really see how messed up the NFL is as a corporation. I think I'm out for now. 

I think you’re a victim of the moment and you’re lying.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

Dude is just really old.

I'm ancient.

A pre-historic millennial. Centuries if not eons older than the likes of you "Let's take a Tweetie," "You do know there's an app for that," "Just google it," Millenials wastin away all your days smokin all your hippie dippy gluten-free vapes droppin locally-sourced micro-brewed mollies .... That reminds me: Read a book! And Get off my lawn!!

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 2

On 11/19/2019 at 4:40 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Wow that's rough. I could make a comment about how he trots out there better than Ryan Shazier, but I'm gonna take the high road.

Wow very classy. How does picking on Shazier make any sense other than show how classless you are? Nice choice of college as well, Miami hasn't been relevant since Jimmy Johnson way to go picking losers. It must be hard that the highlight of the Browns season was to beat a totally pathetic Steelers team depleted of a ton of our talent on offense. No worries, we will restock and be back to kicking your *** fairly soon.

7 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

So you’re saying “dinosaurs” has hidden meaning?🤔

Apparently you're pretty vanilla.

hqdefault.jpg

7 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Man, I CANNOT WAIT TIL NEXT WEEK. Either Mason Rudolph lights us up or he's going to cap down his leg royally. Either way, this will be must see TV

They need to flex this game to Thanksgiving.

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I’ve had it. I didn’t absolutely loathe Steeler fans like Ravens fans before all this. 

???

Have we ever even known the real you?

Just now, Duff said:

Wow very classy. How does picking on Shazier make any sense other than show how classless you are? Nice choice of college as well, Miami hasn't been relevant since Jimmy Johnson way to go picking losers. It must be hard that the highlight of the Browns season was to beat a totally pathetic Steelers team depleted of a ton of our talent on offense. No worries, we will restock and be back to kicking your *** fairly soon.

*Tayne registering @Duff:*

1xh3y0.gif

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 10:55 AM, shoffma1999 said:

Ahhh Steelers Fans, like usual, showing the class of a turd laying on the street in San Francisco and the clarity and insight of a four-year-old high on meth. Continue to enjoy rooting for the dirtiest team in the league and continue acting as if you won those Super Bowl rings like most Steelers Fans.

Wow that is quite funny that you refer to the Steelers as being the dirtiest team after this game. You must be a Democrat and you probably believe in the Impeachment hearings. I have a nice plot of land for sale if your interested. That abandoned nuclear plant right beside it is nothing it is a wonderful government subsidized skate park now. 

Garrett should be ashamed of himself for playing the Race card. Anyone believing it is further promoting that foolish rhetoric. I am sick of people jumping to that conclusion right away. Rudolph was wrong for reacting the way he did but he did't kick him in the balls either. Rudolph tried to rip his helmet off and that is what set Garrett off. You guys have been so delusional by your hatred for the Steelers that you now have lost all practicality and can't even think logically.

Here is the truth:

Report: Garrett Accused Rudolph Of Using Racial Slur Thursday Night During Appeal Hearing (Update)

108b00b5dd3364a8638248aea7b2da43?s=100&d
Posted on November 21, 2019 at 2:22 pm

325 Comments
Mason-Rudolph-Myles-Garrett.jpg

UPDATE (4:23 PM): The NFL has said they found “no evidence” of Rudolph using a racial slur Thursday night.

Our original story below.

Did a racial slur from Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph directed at Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett escalate the melee that took place Thursday night? According to a Thursday morning report by ESPN.com, that’s what Garrett claimed during his indefinite suspension appeal hearing with the NFL on Wednesday.

According to Josina Anderson and Adam Schefter of ESPN, Garrett alleged that Rudolph called him a racial slur just prior to the Thursday night melee that took place at the end of the game. That melee resulted in Garrett ripping off Rudolph’s helmet and then swinging it and hitting the quarterback in the head with it.

Rudolph’s legal team, along with the Steelers, have vehemently denied Garrett’s racial slur accusations.

“Mason vehemently denies the report of being accused of using a racial slur during the incident Thursday night in Cleveland,” Steelers PR spokesman Burt Lauten said in a statement. “He will not discuss this accusation any further and his focus remains on preparation for Sunday’s game against the Cincinnati Bengals.”

On Wednesday, Rudolph told reporters he didn’t say anything to provoke Garrett or escalate the situation.

Rudolph’s attorney, Timothy M. Younger, has also released a statement concerning Garrett’s racial slur allegations against Rudolph.

“According to ESPN, in his appeal, Myles Garrett falsely asserted that Mason Rudolph uttered a racial slur toward him, prior to swinging a helmet at Mason’s uncovered head, in a desperate attempt to mitigate his suspension. This is a lie. This false allegation was never asserted by Garrett in the aftermath of the game, never suggested prior to the hearing, and conspicuously absent in the apology published by the Browns and adopted by Garrett.

“The malicious use of this wild and unfounded allegation is an assault on Mason’s integrity which is far worse than the physical assault witnessed on Thursday. This is reckless and shameful. We will have no further comment.”

According to Tom Withers of the Associated Press, no Browns players have mentioned anything about Rudolph using racial slur to this point. Additionally, several Steelers players such as defensive captain Cameron Heyward and guard Ramon Foster have both been since quoted as saying that Rudolph used no such slur.

“I can tell you personally I talked to Mason right after the game and I said, ‘How did this escalate?’ And he told me he kept dragging him to the ground and they were going back and forth, but it never got to racial slur. For it to be used in your appeal is stupid to me,” Heyward said on Thursday.

Foster talked about the soon-after-post-game tweet from Anderson of ESPN that suggested that Rudolph probably said something off color to get Garrett to react the way he did Thursday night. Anderson has since deleted that tweet, however.

“The people that painted a picture of him saying a racist remark or him grabbing him in the groin area is ludicrous,” Foster said in a radio interview a few days ago.

As of right now, it doesn’t seem like Garrett has much backing in the way of evidence that Rudolph used a racial slur last Thursday night. The fact that it took nearly a week for Garrett to bring that accusation up, and during his appeal hearing at that, makes it sound like the Browns defensive lineman is attempting to do or say anything to get his indefinite suspension shortened.

Were any players mic’d near the Thursday night melee mic’d up? What did the referee nearest the melee hear? I’m sure the NFL already has the answers to those two questions by now.

We obviously have not heard the end of the Thursday night melee and the racial slur accusations made by Garrett. It will be interesting to see what else comes out concerning this whole incident.

Can we get this Steelers fan out of here? Seriously didn't I see someone in here a few days ago warning everyone about political talk because they used the word *gasp* snowflake? This guy is in here throwing around pretty clear plain as day political talk, but just like the NFL nothing is happening because he reps the Steelers. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Duff said:

Garrett should be ashamed of himself for playing the Race card. Anyone believing it is further promoting that foolish rhetoric. I am sick of people jumping to that conclusion right away. Rudolph was wrong for reacting the way he did but he did't kick him in the balls either. Rudolph tried to rip his helmet off and that is what set Garrett off. You guys have been so delusional by your hatred for the Steelers that you now have lost all practicality and can't even think logically.

Here is the truth:

Report: Garrett Accused Rudolph Of Using Racial Slur Thursday Night During Appeal Hearing (Update)

108b00b5dd3364a8638248aea7b2da43?s=100&d
Posted on November 21, 2019 at 2:22 pm

325 Comments
Mason-Rudolph-Myles-Garrett.jpg

UPDATE (4:23 PM): The NFL has said they found “no evidence” of Rudolph using a racial slur Thursday night.

Our original story below.

Did a racial slur from Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph directed at Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett escalate the melee that took place Thursday night? According to a Thursday morning report by ESPN.com, that’s what Garrett claimed during his indefinite suspension appeal hearing with the NFL on Wednesday.

According to Josina Anderson and Adam Schefter of ESPN, Garrett alleged that Rudolph called him a racial slur just prior to the Thursday night melee that took place at the end of the game. That melee resulted in Garrett ripping off Rudolph’s helmet and then swinging it and hitting the quarterback in the head with it.

Rudolph’s legal team, along with the Steelers, have vehemently denied Garrett’s racial slur accusations.

“Mason vehemently denies the report of being accused of using a racial slur during the incident Thursday night in Cleveland,” Steelers PR spokesman Burt Lauten said in a statement. “He will not discuss this accusation any further and his focus remains on preparation for Sunday’s game against the Cincinnati Bengals.”

On Wednesday, Rudolph told reporters he didn’t say anything to provoke Garrett or escalate the situation.

Rudolph’s attorney, Timothy M. Younger, has also released a statement concerning Garrett’s racial slur allegations against Rudolph.

“According to ESPN, in his appeal, Myles Garrett falsely asserted that Mason Rudolph uttered a racial slur toward him, prior to swinging a helmet at Mason’s uncovered head, in a desperate attempt to mitigate his suspension. This is a lie. This false allegation was never asserted by Garrett in the aftermath of the game, never suggested prior to the hearing, and conspicuously absent in the apology published by the Browns and adopted by Garrett.

“The malicious use of this wild and unfounded allegation is an assault on Mason’s integrity which is far worse than the physical assault witnessed on Thursday. This is reckless and shameful. We will have no further comment.”

According to Tom Withers of the Associated Press, no Browns players have mentioned anything about Rudolph using racial slur to this point. Additionally, several Steelers players such as defensive captain Cameron Heyward and guard Ramon Foster have both been since quoted as saying that Rudolph used no such slur.

“I can tell you personally I talked to Mason right after the game and I said, ‘How did this escalate?’ And he told me he kept dragging him to the ground and they were going back and forth, but it never got to racial slur. For it to be used in your appeal is stupid to me,” Heyward said on Thursday.

Foster talked about the soon-after-post-game tweet from Anderson of ESPN that suggested that Rudolph probably said something off color to get Garrett to react the way he did Thursday night. Anderson has since deleted that tweet, however.

“The people that painted a picture of him saying a racist remark or him grabbing him in the groin area is ludicrous,” Foster said in a radio interview a few days ago.

As of right now, it doesn’t seem like Garrett has much backing in the way of evidence that Rudolph used a racial slur last Thursday night. The fact that it took nearly a week for Garrett to bring that accusation up, and during his appeal hearing at that, makes it sound like the Browns defensive lineman is attempting to do or say anything to get his indefinite suspension shortened.

Were any players mic’d near the Thursday night melee mic’d up? What did the referee nearest the melee hear? I’m sure the NFL already has the answers to those two questions by now.

We obviously have not heard the end of the Thursday night melee and the racial slur accusations made by Garrett. It will be interesting to see what else comes out concerning this whole incident.

you're supporting a racist

• Like 4