Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

A strange hill indeed, but we all have one. Dante Pettis still resides on far to many of my fantasy football teams, but you wonr and dare I say won’t, convince me to do otherwise.

Oh he's on my team too, but that's because it would cost $20 to drop him. LOL.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Serious answer, he along with most of the talking heads on TV now a days are paid to pretend to be with their takes. Do your part, stop watching them. They’ll go away soon enough. 

You could really tell too that he wasn't that into this take.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fureys49ers said:

Serious answer, he along with most of the talking heads on TV now a days are paid to pretend to be with their takes. Do your part, stop watching them. They’ll go away soon enough. 

haha yep. I've got a buddy that's in a constant state of annoyance over Stephen A. Smith. 

I always remind him "You know that's literally his job, right?"

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Magnifico said:

I'd say Pouncey's suspension is a game too long but what do I know. 

Will the NFL tack on a game or two next season for Garrett?

He doesn't have the history and catalogue of misdemeanours say Burflict has, but an "indefinite" suspension basically means your back whenever Goddell/Discipline Committee want you back right?

Goodell seems to like the 4 game suspension so my guess is it's rest of this year PLUS first 4 games next year (with it reduced to 2 if he behaves in the offseason and does the usual league meetings, etc...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Goodell seems to like the 4 game suspension so my guess is it's rest of this year PLUS first 4 games next year (with it reduced to 2 if he behaves in the offseason and does the usual league meetings, etc...

So what does the whole first part this post have to do with the rest?

”Goodell seems to like the 4 game suspension....  so my guess is 8-10.”

Not even arguing with you, just odd.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So what does the whole first part this post have to do with the rest?

”Goodell seems to like the 4 game suspension....  so my guess is 8-10.”

Not even arguing with you, just odd.

Okay. Let me explain. 

The indefinite suspension IMHO (and that's just it...it's my opinion) is not gonna end during the offseason.

My guess is that Goodell is ALSO going to want to suspend him for part of the 2020 season as well. And he seems to like handing out 4 game suspensions to start seasons.

So 2019 is gone. He's done for the rest of the season.

And IMHO since he's going to exact punishment in 2020 as well (to send a message), he will suspend him games in 2020. But I can see him reducing that partial 2020 season suspension (the 4 games) in half (to 2 games) next year.

So rest of this year + 4 games (*) next year.

(*) that can be reduced to 2 games if he behaves in the offseason.

• Like 1

It's kind of pointless to speculate how long into 2020 the suspension will linger.  The whole point of saying the suspension is indefinite, but at least this season (and post-season) is to send the message "hey, go deal with whatever you've got to deal with and come back a better person, and if you don't do that then you're not getting back in."  If Garrett achieves enlightenment and becomes a Bodhisattva in the interim, he's not going to miss any games in 2020.  If he decides to bludgeon Rodger Goodell with an NFL helmet during their meeting, he probably will miss all the 2020 games.  What's most likely is "something in between those extremes."

3 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:Not Terry Bradshaw's gall bladder.  Nothing but a right arm.  

I disagree... It may very well be TB’s gall bladder. Not to get confused with TB 12’s gall bladder for those fans that are not old enough to know TB is ol Crome dome himself on FOX. When I say crime dome I mean...:P

It’s a bird (Larry?) it’s a plane, it’s Mason Rudolph with an S on his shirt meaning ‘hope’ on his planet. Hope to survive head bangers ball.

Garrett suspension is warranted and Rudolph should get a game at least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Okay. Let me explain. 

The indefinite suspension IMHO (and that's just it...it's my opinion) is not gonna end during the offseason.

My guess is that Goodell is ALSO going to want to suspend him for part of the 2020 season as well. And he seems to like handing out 4 game suspensions to start seasons.

And IMHO since he's going to exact punishment in 2020 as well (to send a message), he will suspend him games in 2020. But I can see him reducing that partial 2020 season suspension (the 4 games) in half (to 2 games) next year.

Why would they do that?  After the offseason starts no one will remember this incident even happened.

3 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Okay. Let me explain. 

So no arrests in the offseason? C'mon, he hasn't had issues off of the field. He was attacked on the field and reacted poorly, he doesn't have any off of the field issues. He is a workout warrior and seems like a genuinely good guy and extremely intelligent and mild mannered. This isn't Pacman or a Pouncey or a Roethlisberger, Ray Lewis, Johnny Manziel, Josh Gordon, the 1991 Bengals, Lawrence Taylor, etc...

It's like telling someone who was arrested for tax fraud that as long as they don't get a DUI then they can have a shortened sentence. The only way Myles can prove that he will react better in the future if he is attacked on the field is by reacting better on the field and nothing between now and then is relevant.