Week 12 - Rams vs Ravens - MNF

RamRod

Ok so first of all, this talk about the Rams playoffs hopes being vanished is worst than last season when everyone said the Eagles at (4-6) just getting beat down 48-7 to the Saints. At least with them you can make a great case because they were 2 games under .500 entering Week 12. This how the wildcard picture looked for the Eagles at that time:

5 Panthers (6-4)

6 Vikings (5-4-1)

7 Seahawks (5-5)

8 Cowboys (5-5)

9 Packers (4-5-1)

10 Falcons (4-6)

11 Lions (4-6)

12 Eagles (4-6)

Then we look at the Eagles who lost the head to head tiebreakers to the Vikings, Panthers, and got swept by the Cowboys. So their hill to make the playoffs was impossible. Even the Seahawks were sitting exactly where the Rams are now last season in 7th spot at (5-5) and they just lost two games in a row losing to the Chargers then Rams. But then the Eagles after that beat down to the Saints won 5 out of their last 6 (including games to the Rams and Texans which nobody was picking the Eagles to win). The Seahawks after losing two straight to the Chargers and Rams, they won 6 out of their last 7 (including games to the Chiefs and Vikings which nobody was picking the Seahawks to beat the Chiefs, maybe the Vikings). We know the Panthers collapsed and the Vikings choked down the stretch. Panthers I can understand because Cam got hurt and the team just wasnt the same. The Vikings have Cousins and when the pressure gets tight he hasnt shown he can deliver to get the team over the hump. So when the regular season ended the Seahawks finished (10-6) and the 5th seed and the Eagles finished (9-7) and the 6th seed because the Vikings couldnt beat the Bears Week 17 to get in.

Again this Rams thing with the Rams playoffs hopes being gone because they lost to the Ravens is blown way overboard. The Seahawks play the Vikings Week 12. One of those teams will lose. The Rams play the Cards. That wont be an easy game but I do expect the Rams to bounce back and win. If the Rams win they will be (7-5) either 2 games back of the Seahawks if they lose, or 1 game back of the Vikings if they lose. And the deja vu could be for the Vikings like it was last season. They play the Bears Week 17. It could be another win and you're in situation. Again I have to see it from Cousins to get his team over the hump. As bad as the Rams played last night and have played over the course of the season, we know the Rams mentally are tough and they bounce back through adversity. We havent seen that from Cousins. So Ill take my chances with the Rams to still make the playoffs in the 6th seed. 

Now to the game itself, the defense was terrible. Then again it was just how awesome Lamar was. Last season the Rams played the top two MVP candidates in Mahomes and Brees. Mahomes made a few costly mistakes but other than that he was amazing and the Rams barely won. Brees played great and the Saints won by double digits and was up huge in the game for most of it. This season the Rams have played the top two MVP candidates again in Lamar and Wilson. Wilson played perfect but the Rams had a shot to win and didnt. Lamar was also perfect and won big. So I dont know about yall but Ive seen this movie before, same outcome of just those guys are MVP candidates for a reason. Its hard to stop them. You just hope you make them make a mistake and just find a way to hang in long enough to win. The Ravens are like the Chiefs last season but with a defense. We wasnt playing the Chiefs defense where the Rams scored 54pts. I though the offense didnt look bad all considering the situation. This was just one of those games where you shake your head and just say thats the reason Lamar will win the MVP and move on. 

I take NOTHING from this game because this was the first time all season the Rams havent been competitive at any point in the game. The Niners game it was tied 7-7 and the Rams missed on some opportunities in the 1st half where they couldve actually had the lead. In the Bucs game it was 48-40 and the Rams had the ball late with a chance to tie before Suh blew up the OL caused the fumble and scored the td. But at least the Rams had the ball with a chance late. So I felt every game so far the Rams was in it at some point. This game the Rams was never in it so I just take NOTHING for this game. The Ravens are legit, Lamar is the MVP, the Rams move on to play the Cards then Seahawks which are both games they can win and I think they will win. They will bounce back and beat the Cards and they have the Seahawks at home and they know they shouldve beaten them in Seattle earlier in the season so I expect them to not let another game slip against them. Then the Rams play the Cowboys whom havent beaten a team with a pulse all season. Plus we know they will find a way to lose that game because thats what the Cowboys do especially when people expect things from them. We know coming into that game EVERYONE is going to expect them to win. They wont. So these next 5 games will be extremely important for the Rams. Everyone will say their playoffs hopes are gone but Im going to laugh come Week 16 when everyone is digging dirt off the Rams grave trying to get them out because people have buried the Rams prematurely. Its not over yet. 

On a side note, I heard Peters talking trash saying the Ravens kicked the Rams playoff hopes away or something like that. I cant help but think he was part of the reason lol. Like I mentioned the Bucs game, he was the one that gave up that 60+ yard td to Evans as the Rams was trying to get back in that game. Now I know he also had a pick 6 too. He also was giving up big plays in the Seahawks game. Like as a matter of fact, the Rams got better when he left so he should be the last person to talk. I think he is in a great situation and I think the Rams replacing him for Ramsey are in great situation in terms of the defense. But as much as I really like Peters, I just thought he should be the last person to talk about the Rams playoff chances because he played a part in hurting them with his play on the field at times this season. Plus I wonder if the Rams do still make the playoffs, will Peters contact Goff or Gurley or any other Rams player (not name Ramsey of course) and congratulate them after saying what he said on the field last night? Now that would be hilarious. I think he will though because it was all trash talk between two competitors in Ramsey and Peters. 

Edited by stl4life07

3 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Plus we’ll create cap space.

Brockers, Weddle, Whit, Clay and Fowler alone are damm near 40 mil off the books. 

Cap will be tight forsure. I just hate the notion that people say we have no picks. Coming off a 4-12 year before McVay we also didn't have a 1st rounder. And then won the division. We are essentially just missing the 1st rounder which is never ideal but to say "we have no draft capital" is an objectively false statement. 

The areas on the team that need upgraded or potentially replaced are 1-3 slots on the OL, DE, Edge x2, ILB, safety, and kicker. 

If we say Rapp/JJIII get slotted in then we just need depth there. Kicker can be replaced with a draft pick or we keep Zuerlein. 

The biggest hurdle for the Rams is figuring out how to redefine the offense. Because aside from an offensive line shuffle, it will primarily be the same guys. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Some of you are already going alittle overboard. This team is still likely to win 9 games, maybe even 10. We still have 2 Elite Defenders going into next season, and a stable full of offensive weapons. 

We will cut the dead weight (Clay, Weddle, maybe even Wade) and shore up the lines, and be a contender again next year. 

The demise of Jared Goff is being written more than a bit prematurely, and will look silly a year from now 

This is the kind of stuff I need to hear right now, and you're absolutely right.

8 hours ago, ChicagoRaider14 said:

I'm being sarcastic dude.

Goff is a great QB.

Your GM and owner are morons.

Invest in the line.

He's a plus accurate QB who can throw WRs open.

He's immobile, he needs a line.

You're quickly becoming my favorite poster.

As for the game, that one hurt. Mcvay is completely lost since the Superbowl. Everyone talks about how Goff can't operate without perfect surroundings when that narrative should be sent Mcvay's way instead. We made the decision to let Saffold walk and invest in other areas, and I've said that was a bad decision from the start, but it is what it is. Mcvay needs to adjust for the weak offensive line and emphasize the run and play action like he did last year. Maybe some quick passes that aren't bubble screens. He's insanely predictable, and the defense always knows when to send a blitz at our weak line to rattle Goff. No matter how we finish, this season was a failure in my eyes coming off the team that was on the field last year. We're not as bad as it seems, but also no where near what we should've been, and I put that 100% on the front office and coaching staff. 

Oh, and Gurley is fine. That narrative needs to be put to rest. 

• Like 2

Possibly the worst loss in franchise history (excluding STL years). Embarassing from start to finish. Thankfully, Weddle not only kept his secrets to himself, but he also refused to cover or tackle against his old team. Truly a man of honor.

You can see the dead weight that will be shed next season to make minimal cap space available. I'm sure we will retool via mid-round picks and Goff will have a chip on his shoulder after this season. He will bounce back.

We should still finish 9-7-ish. I'm flying out next week on Thursday from NJ for the Rams v. Seahawks SNF game. Just hope that one is more competitive. Tough game to watch though. After the first two series, I lined up some Z-Quil shots and was passed out by halftime thankfully. 

• Like 2