Week 12 - Rams vs Ravens - MNF

RamRod

27 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Possibly the worst loss in franchise history (excluding STL years). Embarassing from start to finish. Thankfully, Weddle not only kept his secrets to himself, but he also refused to cover or tackle against his old team. Truly a man of honor.

You can see the dead weight that will be shed next season to make minimal cap space available. I'm sure we will retool via mid-round picks and Goff will have a chip on his shoulder after this season. He will bounce back.

We should still finish 9-7-ish. I'm flying out next week on Thursday from NJ for the Rams v. Seahawks SNF game. Just hope that one is more competitive. Tough game to watch though. After the first two series, I lined up some Z-Quil shots and was passed out by halftime thankfully. 

Waddle needs to go after the year. He's washed.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, showtime said:

Retool with what cap space (assuming they sign Ramsey to a mega deal) and what draft picks?

We have cap space and draft picks, dude. Worry about the Seahawks.

10 hours ago, ChicagoRaider14 said:

I'm being sarcastic dude.

Goff is a great QB.

Your GM and owner are morons.

Invest in the line.

He's a plus accurate QB who can throw WRs open.

He's immobile, he needs a line.

Goff will work this off-season to get his game right. I have no doubt about that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We have cap space and draft picks, dude. Worry about the Seahawks.

Not as much as Id like, but youre right, still plenty to make the necessary adjustments. 

20 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Goff will work this off-season to get his game right. I have no doubt about that.

He still showed a few of the amazing throws tonight that we saw all last year into some impossible coverage. It just feels like most of the plays called, that guys just aren't open for him. Hopefully its more about a banged up OL not giving the time, and less about McVay trying to force an offense that most good Defensive coaches have adjusted to.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Not as much as Id like, but youre right, still plenty to make the necessary adjustments. 

He still showed a few of the amazing throws tonight that we saw all last year into some impossible coverage. It just feels like most of the plays called, that guys just aren't open for him. Hopefully its more about a banged up OL not giving the time, and less about McVay trying to force an offense that most good Defensive coaches have adjusted to.

Goff is off right now too. He doesn't trust his protection either.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

You can often find a good interior OL in the later parts of the second. I've posted here about what I'd do on the OL this off-season. I think it's very fixable. 

44 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You can often find a good interior OL in the later parts of the second. I've posted here about what I'd do on the OL this off-season. I think it's very fixable. 

Kills me that we are back to looking towards the offseason so soon. It hasn't been this way in the past 3 years and now that we have to go back I'm crushed. This hurts more than being trash for 14 years because the come down is brutal.

Care to post an offseason with cap projections, cuts, FA targets, and mid round options?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ChicagoRaider14 said:

Goff is just the worst ever.

That last INT was on him too.

If a better QB threw the ball in the same exact spot, the WR would never have dropped it.

Dude...Goff is wayyyyy too predictable and one dimensional. I know being a Bears fan he may look elite compared to who they've had throughout their history.......but Goff's literally a statue back there and can only perform good under perfect conditions. He's not worthy of being a franchise QB and he certainly not worthy of that heafty contract we just gave him. We need a back up who's capable of being a franchise QB. Keep him on a super short leash from here on out. 

Edited by RamPackFan

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea, and he also threw two picks and missed on several other throws....during garbage time at that. When Baltimore was playing off the ball and not even bringing pressure. They didn't need to. Had they brought pressure Goff would have folded as usual.

Edited by RamPackFan

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Kills me that we are back to looking towards the offseason so soon. It hasn't been this way in the past 3 years and now that we have to go back I'm crushed. This hurts more than being trash for 14 years because the come down is brutal.

Care to post an offseason with cap projections, cuts, FA targets, and mid round options?

I might this weekend.

5 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

No way bro. This isn’t as bad as the last 14. For years we wanted a offense. For years we wanted to score more than 10 points. It’s bad but not that bad.. Honestly, with donald and Jalen we’ll be in good hands. I just think we need from Wade and get some fresh blood in.. We need to add another linemen next to donald. 

I fully trust Mcvay and Goff.. This year will be a great learning curve for them. Make them hungry af. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RamPackFan said:

Dude...Goff is wayyyyy too predictable and one dimensional. I know being a Bears fan he may look elite compared to who they've had throughout their history.......but Goff's literally a statue back there and can only perform good under perfect conditions. He's not worthy of being a franchise QB and he certainly not worthy of that heafty contract we just gave him. We need a back up who's capable of being a franchise QB. Keep him on a super short leash from here on out. 

You know that, as a Bears fan, I have watched Matt Stafford, Aaron Rodgers, Dante Culpepper, Brett Farve, Kirk Cousins, amongst others play very often... Also, my childhood idol growing up was Peyton Manning, I've watched 3/4ths of Manning's games.

Moreover, I am from the Chicagoland area, but I'm not even a diehard Bears fan, because they are poorly ran. I am a fan of the sport of football.

Further, I played QB in High School (HM All-Area) and a year in community college, which some might not consider a big feat at all; although, I'm 5'11 160lbs, and the spread wasn't a big thing yet when I played QB. Also, I played on a community college team that had a QB go D1, then make the pros. He was not a good QB in the pros, but he made it there.

Lastly, I coached two QBs that made the All State Team. One of them went on to play at a D1 school. So, I know a thing or two about QBs.

Sorry for the rant, but I want everyone to know my background with the QB position.

Jared Goff doesn't necessarily need a great line or perfect conditions. I think you're making a very inaccurate assumption about him as a player -- potentially intellectual dishonest.

Jared Goff has been pressured over 220+ times this season, yet he has been sacked only 18 times. Why? Because he has elite pocket presence and mental processing abilities. He's had around 4 INTs this season that weren't really his fault, tip balls and great plays by DB. Not every INT is a QB's fault. Nonetheless, McVay doesn't pad Goff's stats like other coaches pad their QBs stats by throwing near the goal line.

A lot of the predictability of Goff comes from McVay's predictability... the Rams didn't adjust their blocking schemes until the Bears game, then McVay didn't change things up in the passing scheme until this week.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ChicagoRaider14 said:

You know that, as a Bears fan, I have watched Matt Stafford, Aaron Rodgers, Dante Culpepper, Brett Farve, Kirk Cousins, amongst others play very often... Also, my childhood idol growing up was Peyton Manning, I've watched 3/4ths of Manning's games.

Moreover, I am from the Chicagoland area, but I'm not even a diehard Bears fan, because they are poorly ran. I am a fan of the sport of football.

Further, I played QB in High School (HM All-Area) and a year in community college, which some might not consider a big feat at all; although, I'm 5'11 160lbs, and the spread wasn't a big thing yet when I played QB. Also, I played on a community college team that had a QB go D1, then make the pros. He was not a good QB in the pros, but he made it there.

Lastly, I coached two QBs that made the All State Team. One of them went on to play at a D1 school. So, I know a thing or two about QBs.

Sorry for the rant, but I want everyone to know my background with the QB position.

Jared Goff doesn't necessarily need a great line or perfect conditions. I think you're making a very inaccurate assumption about him as a player -- potentially intellectual dishonest.

Jared Goff has been pressured over 220+ times this season, yet he has been sacked only 18 times. Why? Because he has elite pocket presence and mental processing abilities. He's had around 4 INTs this season that weren't really his fault, tip balls and great plays by DB. Not every INT is a QB's fault. Nonetheless, McVay doesn't pad Goff's stats like other coaches pad their QBs stats by throwing near the goal line.

A lot of the predictability of Goff comes from McVay's predictability... the Rams didn't adjust their blocking schemes until the Bears game, then McVay didn't change things up in the passing scheme until this week.

You are the one of few that actually make sense on here. McVay even says it how he puts the offense in bad situations.

People forget that Goff was the 1st overall pick for a reason. He was being talked about being a top pick in his sophomore year at Cal. There is a reason why the Browns wanted Goff and when they saw the Rams move up to get him they moved out of the 2nd spot and passed on Wentz. They had no desire to take him. I like Wentz but if you want to talk about not being sold on a QB that would be him. He has gotten worst since he MVP caliber season, can’t stay healthy, and the locker room don’t believe in him. But the media and fans will still believe in Wentz and not even give Goff a chance. 

Btw I think it’s cool you played QB and coached two QBs. I coached briefly in HS but the TEs and WRs coach. It was a good experience. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChicagoRaider14 said:

I agree with most of what you say but I don’t think Goff has elite pocket presence

That’s something he needs to work on. He doesn’t “feel” the pressure which is why he fumbles a lot. 

Didn’t know you were a bears fan. Thought you’d be a Raider fan based on your name 

• Like 2