Week 12 GDT - Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

It's not hyperbole to say that if we continue on this path the entire season, this could be one of the greatest pass defenses ever. We are still averaging fewer net yards per passing attempt than we are per rushing attempt (as are the Pats). We would be the only teams in history that have done that. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was coming here to post the same thing, except not this tweet, just the info from www.nfl.com/standings 

Incredible. An average game has us winning by 15 points. That's three scores per game. 

It's a good indicator of future success in the long run tbh. The Seahawks are +29. Saints are +42. Vikings are +84 and the Packers are now +18 

Also, another thing, our special teams are really rounding into form right now. We may have a top 5 special teams right now. 

I have no idea what the hell we are doing on our punts and punt coverage formations the last three weeks, but I love it, and it's something to keep an eye on. Its like we decided to start using all of these quirky formations to force teams to spend a bunch of prep time on it  

6 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Had during the cardinals game. This W means nothing if we don’t W one of the next 2. Damn you shanahan for not getting that tie

If we lose the next two but win the last three, this win means everything and we get a first round bye. Not getting that tie is completely meaningless to the equation. He and his team played for a win like they should have against Seattle. 

• Like 1

Always extra satisfying beating the Cheeseheads. Don't loathe them as much as I do the Cowgirls, Steelers or G-Men but still refreshing nonetheless...

Defense did what they normally do...dominate the LOS and we were stout on the backend. But those 3rd down penalties wtf...I wanted to gouge my eyes out! So frustrating. But most of those were bs calls imo. 

Not sure how I feel about flip-flopping Moseley & Spoon. Just pick a starter and stick with them. Both players were solid. Good problem to have but if Spoon is your guy and you don't lose your job to injury, put him back in starting 11.

I think Brunskill earned the right to start at LT until Staley returns. Very noticeable difference in the O-Line's play when he took over for Skule. Skule still has room to grow and he's definitely been a bright spot. Future looks good for him as far as quality depth is concerned. But Brunskill has better feet and technique at this point. Felt he dealt with Z. Smith's athleticism better. Don't know how many pratice snaps he has taken@LT but he looked good for a guy he hasn't played a meaningful snap on the left side. 

Offense was solid. Still think Jimmy takes way too many sacks where he just holds the ball too long. But other than that, workmen-like day for the offense. And NO PICKS!

As I've said before, pocket-passer don't concern as much with our defense. They're going to win their fair share of 3rd down battles with our front. I think they cemented that with this game. Get healthy Dee Ford. We're definitely going to need his speed off the edge in the playoffs though. 

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Always extra satisfying beating the Cheeseheads. Don't loathe them as much as I do the Cowgirls, Steelers or G-Men but still refreshing nonetheless...

Defense did what they normally do...dominate the LOS and we were stout on the backend. But those 3rd down penalties wtf...I wanted to gouge my eyes out! So frustrating. But most of those were bs calls imo. 

Not sure how I feel about flip-flopping Moseley & Spoon. Just pick a starter and stick with them. Both players were solid. Good problem to have but if Spoon is your guy and you don't lose your job to injury, put him back in starting 11.

I think Brunskill earned the right to start at LT until Staley returns. Very noticeable difference in the O-Line's play when he took over for Skule. Skule still has room to grow and he's definitely been a bright spot. Future looks good for him as far as quality depth is concerned. But Brunskill has better feet and technique at this point. Felt he dealt with Z. Smith's athleticism better. Don't know how many pratice snaps he has taken@LT but he looked good for a guy he hasn't played a meaningful snap on the left side. 

Offense was solid. Still think Jimmy takes way too many sacks where he just holds the ball too long. But other than that, workmen-like day for the offense. And NO PICKS!

As I've said before, pocket-passer don't concern as much with our defense. They're going to win their fair share of 3rd down battles with our front. I think they cemented that with this game. Get healthy Dee Ford. We're definitely going to need his speed off the edge in the playoffs though. 

Good stuff. 

Fyi, Shanahan said they wanted to ease Spoon back in the line up and once he got in the game late in the 1st quarter, it was his job. Only reason he left for that stretch in the 4th quarter is because he had a calf issue. But got back in there late in the game.

Brunskill>>Skule for sure and the switch completely changed the game. Heck, you can argue Brunskill has been the best OL on the team this season. 

I mentioned it during the game, but McGlinchey deserves a shout out. Was dominant all game long both in pass protection and especially run blocking. 

• Like 1