Week 12 GDT - Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

7 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Damn you shanahan for not getting that tie

For not winning that game...

It's ridiculous how it seems more people are disappointed we didn't get the tie than there are people disappointed we didn't get the win. 

• Like 4

I think we should extend Brunskill right away. Why waste our time with ERFA tags and everything... the guy is probably our top back-up at 4 OL positions. 

Have I told you guys that I love our team? I love our team. It's insane. That defense. That offense. That coaching. That heart. That fun. 

• Like 9

Great to see the 49ers playing such old school tough football!

PS Robert Saleh is probably gone off to be a head coach most likely next year.  Young, energetic and part of a great unit, tough guy and he could easily be hired I think next year if Lincoln Riley and Ryan Day do not leave college to go to the NFL.  He is a very interesting HC candidate I feel even though a majority of that defensive success has to do with the drafting they have done over the past few years.  

8 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I think we should extend Brunskill right away. Why waste our time with ERFA tags and everything... the guy is probably our top back-up at 4 OL positions. 

Have I told you guys that I love our team? I love our team. It's insane. That defense. That offense. That coaching. That heart. That fun. 

I don't think we can re-sign Brunskill until after the season due to the CBA. I'm not sure if this falls under rookie negotiations or two contracts in one season from the same team, but in either case we have to wait. Luckily for us, ERFA is the easiest thing in the world since we control everything. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

For not winning that game...

It's ridiculous how it seems more people are disappointed we didn't get the tie than there are people disappointed we didn't get the win. 

I wish I could like this post 1,000 times. I may just reserve all my likes for liking all your upcoming posts for a while. You deserve many. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Great to see the 49ers playing such old school tough football!

PS Robert Saleh is probably gone off to be a head coach most likely next year.  Young, energetic and part of a great unit, tough guy and he could easily be hired I think next year if Lincoln Riley and Ryan Day do not leave college to go to the NFL.  He is a very interesting HC candidate I feel even though a majority of that defensive success has to do with the drafting they have done over the past few years.  

Defense is obviously talented, but Saleh is also very good at what he does. I've been a bigger fan of his than most on this board even though there were certain things that frustrated me in the past. But clearly without any sort of edge pass rush, it was going to be hard to be successful. But Saleh is a smart guy who calls up great blitzes and has the defense playing very disciplined. I also think Joe Woods deserves A LOT of credit for how well the secondary is playing. I'd assume if Saleh gets a HC gig, he takes Mike LaFluer with him as his OC. Saleh will be a successful HC whenever he gets his opportunity. 

So back to the game and Ahkello's performance. Clearly Rodgers thought he could pick on him as he usually avoids Sherman's side and thought Spoon would be rusty, but he was once again locking it down. Seriously, at what point will opposing offenses realize he's probably not the guy to target? The man has allowed 6 catches on 23 targets after allowing 9 catches on 24 attempts the last six games of last season. And they keep trying him deep where he is really good as he has the size and speed to take away those passes. 

Our DL was obviously dominant last night but Jackson presents a different type of test and the threat of him running it and all the RPO that the Ravens run, they will be a bit hesitant. Not only that, but they are going up against a top OL with two tackles that are Pro Bowl caliber. Such a great test for this team. And then on the other end, they have a REALLY good secondary with some big, athletic corners. Interested in seeing how Shanny attacks them. 

Hoping the Ravens win today but it is a hard, physical game where they are a bit beat up heading into next Sunday's big showdown. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Defense is obviously talented, but Saleh is also very good at what he does. I've been a bigger fan of his than most on this board even though there were certain things that frustrated me in the past. But clearly without any sort of edge pass rush, it was going to be hard to be successful. But Saleh is a smart guy who calls up great blitzes and has the defense playing very disciplined. I also think Joe Woods deserves A LOT of credit for how well the secondary is playing. I'd assume if Saleh gets a HC gig, he takes Mike LaFluer with him as his OC. Saleh will be a successful HC whenever he gets his opportunity. 

So back to the game and Ahkello's performance. Clearly Rodgers thought he could pick on him as he usually avoids Sherman's side and thought Spoon would be rusty, but he was once again locking it down. Seriously, at what point will opposing offenses realize he's probably not the guy to target? The man has allowed 6 catches on 23 targets after allowing 9 catches on 24 attempts the last six games of last season. And they keep trying him deep where he is really good as he has the size and speed to take away those passes. 

Our DL was obviously dominant last night but Jackson presents a different type of test and the threat of him running it and all the RPO that the Ravens run, they will be a bit hesitant. Not only that, but they are going up against a top OL with two tackles that are Pro Bowl caliber. Such a great test for this team. And then on the other end, they have a REALLY good secondary with some big, athletic corners. Interested in seeing how Shanny attacks them. 

Hoping the Ravens win today but it is a hard, physical game where they are a bit beat up heading into next Sunday's big showdown. 

COMPLETELY agree about Joe Woods. Been saying this since about week 3. I know the edge rushers have helped a ton, but guys like Tartt and Ward, who have been here for years and have shown us glimpses and given us solid games, here n there, have been CONSISTENTLY in the right spot, making the right reads and plays on the ball. Gotta give Woods his due there. Saleh is the man. But Woods was a excellent addition and much needed set of new eyes to help shore up the backend.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

COMPLETELY agree about Joe Woods. Been saying this since about week 3. I know the edge rushers have helped a ton, but guys like Tartt and Ward, who have been here for years and have shown us glimpses and given us solid games, here n there, have been CONSISTENTLY in the right spot, making the right reads and plays on the ball. Gotta give Woods his due there. Saleh is the man. But Woods was a excellent addition and much needed set of new eyes to help shore up the backend.

And here is the thing, while our pass rush is very good, how many times did we see last night Rodgers holding the ball for four or five seconds and having no one open and just taking a sack? That's all secondary right there. Sure the pass rush helps the secondary, but the opposite also is true. Our corners are completely locking it up as well as our safeties so opposing QBs just have no one to throw to. 

One thing I noticed about Rodgers, he really does it throw it away much or take many risks. So the low INT number always will look impressive, but he's risk averse in a sense and doesn't get rid of the ball nearly as much as he should. Jimmy also needs to start getting rid of the ball when no one is open or start checking to the backs more. q

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Brunskill>>Skule for sure and the switch completely changed the game. Heck, you can argue Brunskill has been the best OL on the team this season. 

With Skule, 2.4 yards per play

With Brunskill, 11.3 yards per play. Sure, slightly skewed by the TD to kittle, but still, far superior than when Skule was in there. 

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

With Skule, 2.4 yards per play

With Brunskill, 11.3 yards per play. Sure, slightly skewed by the TD to kittle, but still, far superior than when Skule was in there. 

I think Brunskill has played better than Skule throughout 2019, but Lombardi of The Athletic just noted that Skule entered the game with a massive bruise from his hip to knee and was in incredible pain. A few fellow linemen were complimentary of his ability to tough it out as a rookie with a calm demeanor to boot. 

Still think Brunskill is the better option, but some of the negative play last night could be attributed to this.

• Like 1

Impressed with the win last night and the overall team effort. For some reason the doubters messed with me and I thought GB was really going to give the 9ers a run. 

I just wish Seattle would of lost for some breathing room. 

I guess anything is possible considering a win in Balt next week. 

With that said, we are wanting Balt to beat LA tonight right?