Lamar Jackson

Slingin' Sammy

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Imagine any GM pouring themselves a cocktail at home, with their team out of the playoffs, to pat themselves on the back for not drafting the league MVP.

The sad part he posted it cuz it's true. My guess he's heard from some throughout the gm. Lamar had a tough gm last nite as did his OC and teammates. Dude had an amazing yr and should be proud of it. Didn't end the way the wanted it to but he's got a bright future if he continues to improve every yr.

Last night showed Jacksons limitations as a passer in the current stage of his career.

He had a great year in a Colin Kaepernick-ish Offense (Jackson has far superior to CK). The long delayed hand off makes defenders over pursue. His footwork allows him to be extremely elusive. If defenses next season get better at sticking to their gaps and containing him its going to put far more pressure on him as a passer. His success has 65% him, 35% Greg Roman. I think people really underplay the importance the presence of Roman as the Ravens OC. 

Lamar Jackson isnt the only person on the Ravens offense that had a bad night the entire offense had a bad night and the coaching staff went into panic mode because possibly underestimated the Titans. Having said that, Lamar Jackson ALSO had a bad game and just because he was the regular season MVP, doesnt change that fact. 

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Danand said:

There is some garbage time stats from last night, but people thinking Lamar had a bad game didn't see the game then. He had a stupid interception and a fumble, but other than that he did all he could to keep the Ravens alive without help from most of his teammates. Several receiver drops stalled drives, and he had no running game.

Most QB's suffer under those circumstances and Lamar was still able to produce both with his arm and his legs.

Most of what is going on regarding Lamar in general is just trolling, as people knowingly use wrong stats and pick apart plays and calls him a running back. I don't know what it is about him, but I have also seen a lot of comments here and other places where people want him to get hit and get hurt so he stops running. I assume it is because people have high thoughts about their ability to scout NFL prospects, and they didn't think Lamar could cut it, so now they hope he fails.

Saving this to like later.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Danand said:

There is some garbage time stats from last night, but people thinking Lamar had a bad game didn't see the game then. He had a stupid interception and a fumble, but other than that he did all he could to keep the Ravens alive without help from most of his teammates. Several receiver drops stalled drives, and he had no running game.

Most QB's suffer under those circumstances and Lamar was still able to produce both with his arm and his legs.

Most of what is going on regarding Lamar in general is just trolling, as people knowingly use wrong stats and pick apart plays and calls him a running back. I don't know what it is about him, but I have also seen a lot of comments here and other places where people want him to get hit and get hurt so he stops running. I assume it is because people have high thoughts about their ability to scout NFL prospects, and they didn't think Lamar could cut it, so now they hope he fails.

imagine insulting the MVP... its crazy  how some people are

• Like 1

3 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Imagine any GM pouring themselves a cocktail at home, with their team out of the playoffs, to pat themselves on the back for not drafting the league MVP.

Colin Cowherd is a troll equivalent to the kid who got cut from whatever HS sports team he tried out for and then rubs it in when that HS’s rival beats them during the season.

He doesn’t have an athletic bone in his body and should do himself a favor and read Teddy Roosevelt’s “Man in the Arena” speech.

• Like 1

lamar did not impress me at all as a passer last night. sure he racked up ~360 yards, but he threw it 59 times. that’s like 6 ypa. he turned it over 3 times, threw some ducks, and generally as a titans fan i felt most comfortable and least threatened when he was dropping back to pass.

HOWEVER!!!!!!

it seems like nobody can remember that this was one game lol. so he had a rough night, whatever. the guy is the obvious MVP, a scintillating player to watch, and i’d put money on him being just as effective next year. sure he’s not a peyton manning level passer but he’s more than good enough at it to make defenses pay. one bad game doesn’t change that.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

65% him, 35% Greg Roman.

I think Roman gets too much credit. We just saw a game where Roman was complete garbage. But he’s had plenty of games this season where he’s been not all that great IMO. He’s tried to get too cute wayyy too often. He doesn’t know how to setup screen passes. The WR route concepts are incredibly stupid, too often he has WRs literally in the same area with a lack of spacing making it easier for defenders to target. Roman is better for sure than Marty as he will make adjustments to a specific degree, he doesn’t handicap his players with training wheels, and he’s not as much of an egomaniac. So I’d give him 25% credit. I know it’s nothing wrong with complimenting him, but perhaps I’m just annoyed at this dude for mailing it in with his gameplan considering his job interviews. Both coordinators actually. Though I can’t fault him for receivers dropping balls, I can fault him for abandoning the run. It is what it is though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I think Roman gets too much credit. We just saw a game where Roman was complete garbage. But he’s had plenty of games this season where he’s been not all that great IMO. He’s tried to get too cute wayyy too often. He doesn’t know how to setup screen passes. The WR route concepts are incredibly stupid, too often he has WRs literally in the same area with a lack of spacing making it easier for defenders to target. Roman is better for sure than Marty as he will make adjustments to a specific degree, he doesn’t handicap his players with training wheels, and he’s not as much of an egomaniac. So I’d give him 25% credit. I know it’s nothing wrong with complimenting him, but perhaps I’m just annoyed at this dude for mailing it in with his gameplan considering his job interviews. Both coordinators actually. Though I can’t fault him for receivers dropping balls, I can fault him for abandoning the run. It is what it is though.

The success of this team is similar to that of the CK led team that went to the SB. Thing is LJ is more athletic. But I said 35% you said 25%, to me, were are basically saying the same thing. But it's not just Roman that mailed it yesterday its Harbaugh too. But listen, I get it, as. Steeler fan, I was definitely reactionary at times this season. It is always tough to see the end of our favorite teams season. It was a great season for a team that should have bright future.