Lamar Jackson

Slingin' Sammy

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'd say that's a team imploding more than anything. We ran the ball 9 times with our RB's, who averaged about 5-6YPC. That's not containing anything. That's the Ravens abandoning their identity. Even Lamar said they did.

Lamar carried or threw the ball 82 times, an NFL record. That's just ridiculous.

The identity is Mark Ingram and Gus Edwards? Or is it Lamar Jackson? What many are saying is the greatest rushing attack all time, the best of 2019, MVP QB, prolific rushing attack, leading QB in TDs - got held to 12 points. The Titans did what most of us were saying it would take to beat the Ravens. Hold them early to get a lead and force them out of their rhythm running the ball. That’s what happened.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

The identity is Mark Ingram and Gus Edwards? Or is it Lamar Jackson? What many are saying is the greatest rushing attack all time, the best of 2019, MVP QB, prolific rushing attack, leading QB in TDs - got held to 12 points. The Titans did what most of us were saying it would take to beat the Ravens. Hold them early to get a lead and force them out of their rhythm running the ball. That’s what happened.

Players played bad true but the coaching staff straight choked... Seems like the OC and DC was more interested in interviews than this game... Our WR core trash except Hollywood but it never got exploited til last night... we been aggressive all year it finally came back to bite us as well... we totally abandoned the run on 1st down dropped passes had errant throws and turned the ball over.... I honestly didn’t recognize our play calling last night... It was like we decided to just give Lamar the ball and pray he could save us... Last night he couldn’t... But hey he’s just 23 years old if he improves from years 2 to year 3 as much as year 1 to 2 it’s gon be tough on the league... cause even playing like trash he threw for 365 and ran for 143... one thing for sure he’s gonna be extremely motivated this summer... the whole team will

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bmorecareful said:

Players played bad true but the coaching staff straight choked... Seems like the OC and DC was more interested in interviews than this game... Our WR core trash except Hollywood but it never got exploited til last night... we been aggressive all year it finally came back to bite us as well... we totally abandoned the run on 1st down dropped passes had errant throws and turned the ball over.... I honestly didn’t recognize our play calling last night... It was like we decided to just give Lamar the ball and pray he could save us... Last night he couldn’t... But hey he’s just 23 years old if he improves from years 2 to year 3 as much as year 1 to 2 it’s gon be tough on the league... cause even playing like trash he threw for 365 and ran for 143... one thing for sure he’s gonna be extremely motivated this summer... the whole team will

No doubt. Don’t disagree with this here. 

Just a shame that some guys aren’t even willing to say the Titans contained the Ravens O - it has to be all on the coaching staff. 

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

The success of this team is similar to that of the CK led team that went to the SB. Thing is LJ is more athletic. But I said 35% you said 25%, to me, were are basically saying the same thing. But it's not just Roman that mailed it yesterday its Harbaugh too. But listen, I get it, as. Steeler fan, I was definitely reactionary at times this season. It is always tough to see the end of our favorite teams season. It was a great season for a team that should have bright future.

Yeah I realized the close stats and it definitely is likely saying the same. But what annoys me is the Eric Mangini’s of the world who like to give Roman all the credit because they coached together on a staff. So my vitriol mainly stems from Mangini being an early Lamar hater that later provided Lamar credit by crediting Roman’s scheme vs credit Lamar’s ability. But yeah you’re right the difference between crediting Roman 35 and 25 is nominal for sure. Though if he doesn’t better improve his route concepts as opposed to looking for an NFL HC gig, he’ll be quickly looking for a coaching gig in the league.

10 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah I realized the close stats and it definitely is likely saying the same. But what annoys me is the Eric Mangini’s of the world who like to give Roman all the credit because they coached together on a staff. So my vitriol mainly stems from Mangini being an early Lamar hater that later provided Lamar credit by crediting Roman’s scheme vs credit Lamar’s ability. But yeah you’re right the difference between crediting Roman 35 and 25 is nominal for sure. Though if he doesn’t better improve his route concepts as opposed to looking for an NFL HC gig, he’ll be quickly looking for a coaching gig in the league.

Lamar's ability got 1 TD last night. Lamar threw lollypops often this season to wide open receivers. They were schemed open, it helps that every defense loses a defender spying Lamar and more just trying to contain the overall run game but it was still schemed. When the Ravens fell behind they felt they had to change their offense to something they weren't familiar with or comfortable with. They didn't have to and they shouldn't have because Lamar isn't Mahomes (and vice/versa) and the Ravens offense can score quick enough with their normal offense they don't need to change just because they are behind. Sure, If the running game is being contained (including Lamar) then you need to try passing the majority of the time but I didn't think they had to yesterday and that is where Roman failed. The regular season he should get credit for making it work.

14 minutes ago, TheBeast23 said:

I think the fact the entire offense runs through Lamars ability to run and freelance hurts the team. Sure they need reliable receivers obviously but it’s not exactly a good scheme to have. 

The offense runs through Lamar's ability to run, sure, but freelance? Not really. Lamar's athleticism is the foundation of the offense, as it should be. Don't really think that's a bad thing.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

Lamar's ability got 1 TD last night. Lamar threw lollypops often this season to wide open receivers. They were schemed open, it helps that every defense loses a defender spying Lamar and more just trying to contain the overall run game but it was still schemed. When the Ravens fell behind they felt they had to change their offense to something they weren't familiar with or comfortable with. They didn't have to and they shouldn't have because Lamar isn't Mahomes (and vice/versa) and the Ravens offense can score quick enough with their normal offense they don't need to change just because they are behind. Sure, If the running game is being contained (including Lamar) then you need to try passing the majority of the time but I didn't think they had to yesterday and that is where Roman failed. The regular season he should get credit for making it work.

lol

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The offense runs through Lamar's ability to run, sure, but freelance? Not really. Lamar's athleticism is the foundation of the offense, as it should be. Don't really think that's a bad thing.

I guess more so buy time to open receivers up and create big plays mostly is what I was referring to. I do think he’s a talented young man. What he can do is incredible and with a few more reliable targets in the offense they are right in that game against Tenn. 

Lamar had a bad game. The Ravens fans pretending that he was awesome last night and not a big reason they lost are fooling themselves. 

That being said, he’s young and had an amazing season. It was a really bad game. He is a gimmicky kind of player, but he can have a long career playing that way. But as with most gimmicky offenses, they’ll be prone to having nightmarish performances like this.

• Like 1

Not like it was going to turn the  entire game around, but Lamar had an open hole on the 4th & 1 in the 3rd quarter, but turned completely around. 

He had an open hole outside the right tackle, but stutter stepped and got stuffed in the backfield.  

He could have easily made that play.