Lamar Jackson

Slingin' Sammy

9 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

He said the Titans contained Jackson/Ingram. He didn’t say the Titans forced Jackson to not hand the ball to the running backs. 

Yeah, and all I'm saying is that we straight up abandoned our identity. The Titans didn't "contain" anything. Lamar ran all over them when he wanted to.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah, and all I'm saying is that we straight up abandoned our identity. The Titans didn't "contain" anything. Lamar ran all over them when he wanted to.

Yep. Especially once the Titans were up 28-6 in the 4th quarter and was milking the clock after containing the RPO the first 3 quarters..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Yep. Especially once the Titans were up 28-6 in the 4th quarter and was milking the clock after containing the RPO the first 3 quarters..

How do you "contain" a play that's hardly ran?! lol that's my point. We don't run RPO's, we run read options, and when we ran those we were still averaging like 4 YPC or better. We abandoned everything, Tennessee didn't do a thing. And what's up with this 28-6 garbage? We were moving the ball up and down the field long before the end of the 3rd Q.

21 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Youre just trying to cause issues and make an issue where there is none.  Im pretty certain I know why, but I cant say.  

If you cant handle Jackson being criticized, youre going to be boo-hooing and making these stupid claims his entire career.   QBs are always the most severely criticized players...maybe in all of sports.  Acting like its just black QBs is a freaking joke and shows your limited knowledge on the matter.  That, or youre just ignoring reality to make it about something it isnt...which is what I suspect you're doing.

I’ve said several times there are valid criticisms of Lamar Jackson such as trying to do too much and forcing passes. That’s not what I’m addressing, which is the blind hate and ignorance. And the responses saying I’m moronic and lack knowledge highlight a nuance of thinking that tells me it’s time to move on from this topic. Again, it’s probably best we listen to the mods and just move forward. I was looking for discussion and got attacks on my intelligence, so obviously this isn’t the place. 

When the response to me is “no not true! You’re a dumb crybaby boo-hooing!” i would prefer to move on.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

Lamar did have a bad game, the three TOs were on him and gave TEN short fields to work with. Three of TEN's TD drives started in Ravens territory. Many of his throws were off, wobbling and sailing high or behind his target. He was off yesterday, period.

Any QB who has a game like that in the playoffs gets criticism, so Lamar isnt any different in that regard.

The playcalling was also poor, and Vrabel just outcoached Harbaugh. Going for it on 4th and 1 in your own half that early in the game was dumb and I said it at the time. They should have run more early down PA to give Lamar more open windows in the zone. And then of course the BAL pass catchers were horrible with all their drops. They arguably had a worse game than Lamar.

I think the BAL defense is getting criticized too heavily. Even though Henry ran all over them, they still only gave up about 300 yards of total offense and TEN only had one long drive all game. They played fairly well considering the tough positions the offense put them in all game.

Seeing him play this season, I expect Lamar to come back next season and still be a force.

11 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

How do you "contain" a play that's hardly ran?! lol that's my point. We don't run RPO's, we run read options, and when we ran those we were still averaging like 4 YPC or better. We abandoned everything, Tennessee didn't do a thing. And what's up with this 28-6 garbage? We were moving the ball up and down the field long before the end of the 3rd Q.

You got beat and Lamar Jackson was contained its easy to see...   Lamar didn't have much running room they contained the **** out of him he was shook.

Also what about the 4 or 5 4th and 1s that were stuffed???  Not contained  :D

Edited by sryan66611
  • Like 1

I think the most irritating thing about it is there is a significant faction of people who are actively rooting for him to fail - look for him to fail - and after a long season of not only succeeding, but exceeding, people take the opportunity of a failed playoff game to try to detract from him as a player on the whole

While Mahomes hasn't had that data point of failure, I don't see people waiting and hoping for it - and if he does bomb the game this weekend he won't get the same treatment.

While Watson has some discussion about his weaknesses, it doesn't feel like such a pervasive issue of rooting against him the way I see with Lamar

It definitely feels like he has a different standard, and much of it is distasteful imo

6 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I think the most irritating thing about it is there is a significant faction of people who are actively rooting for him to fail - look for him to fail - and after a long season of not only succeeding, but exceeding, people take the opportunity of a failed playoff game to try to detract from him as a player on the whole

While Mahomes hasn't had that data point of failure, I don't see people waiting and hoping for it - and if he does bomb the game this weekend he won't get the same treatment.

While Watson has some discussion about his weaknesses, it doesn't feel like such a pervasive issue of rooting against him the way I see with Lamar

It definitely feels like he has a different standard, and much of it is distasteful imo

Maybe but I also see  A LOT of people who just defend him and can't be critical of his faults

9 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Everybody has their haters.  There are guys rooting for Brady, Brees, Rodgers to fail just like Lamar.

Jackson is a good young QB. But if people are going to bring up his stats in yesterday’s game and make it seem like he did good then that’s just ignorance on their end. 

Jackson wasn’t doing anything until garbage time where his stats started to look a lot better. 

29 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The Ravens didn’t abandon it until the score got out of hand. I’d say holding the Ravens to 12 points, 3 TOs, and 2 fourth down stops, is containing it. Give props where they’re due. 

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

The Ravens didn’t abandon it until the score got out of hand. I’d say holding the Ravens to 12 points, 3 TOs, and 2 fourth down stops, is containing it. Give props where they’re due. 

I'd say that's a team imploding more than anything. We ran the ball 9 times with our RB's, who averaged about 5-6YPC. That's not containing anything. That's the Ravens abandoning their identity. Even Lamar said they did.

Lamar carried or threw the ball 82 times, an NFL record. That's just ridiculous.