GDT Week 13 Eagles vs the Fins!

Mastercheddaar

40 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Are the Dolphins really that much worse than the Falcons? Or hell, the Jets for us. 

Honestly, no. I personally wouldn't be that upset at this loss because frankly im used the defense being a sieve when it matters. However, I absolutely despise how little the team seems to care, both on the field and off the field. It seems like the only two people that seem angry on field are wentz and ertz. The postgame press conferences are disgusting to me. I don't expect them to blow up and scream, but I would hope they would show a little passion and seem like the loss actually has an effect on them.

This is the least amount of spirit i've ever seen in an eagles team.

1 hour ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

They go 100% and get gassed like every game.

I mean when the QB gets the ball out so quickly to a wide open receiver after 1.5 seconds, there's not much the DL can do. This game is all on Schwartz, Undlin, and every member of the secondary for me. Probably the linebackers too but I'd have to see the film. Every other unit played well enough to win. Doug calling  only 3 more run plays after going up 28-14 has me questioning him as a play caller though. I'm honestly done with Schwartz, you have to be able to adjust in-game. And he's shown time and time again that he is unable to.

47 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I mean when the QB gets the ball out so quickly to a wide open receiver after 1.5 seconds, there's not much the DL can do. This game is all on Schwartz, Undlin, and every member of the secondary for me. Probably the linebackers too but I'd have to see the film. Every other unit played well enough to win. Doug calling  only 3 more run plays after going up 28-14 has me questioning him as a play caller though. I'm honestly done with Schwartz, you have to be able to adjust in-game. And he's shown time and time again that he is unable to.

It's the whole team bro. Except for maybe the O-Line and the RB's.

Literally the whole team.

Fitzpatrick and Cousins show time and time again the two main problems with this defense.

1. It is unbearably simple, the coverage is the most basic of stuff and there´s a little to none disguising them. Game managers like those QB have no problem taking what is there all freaking day. 

2. The overvalue of the DL. This is something that angers me so much. Passing and neglecting other positions on defense because ¨we build through the trenches¨ is so stupid to me. That´s no way to built a unit and most important of all even if you have an elite DL, it is not sustainable from a week to week basis to expect them to dominate. That has been exposed more times that I can count even on 2017. 

34 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

It was a bad pick at the moment, no hindsight needed. I remember having questioned picking a 2nd TE over a RB on that class

I think they just didn’t have any graded that highly 

They wanted Dalvin Cook, Vikings moved up, and they pivoted to their next highest grade.

It wasn’t the highest value pick for sure.

but he plays and was projected to play a lot. If you have a reliable deep threat the offense can attack any tier at any given play with Ertz & Goedert in there, and have severe mismatches size wise doing so. But they failed to stock the team with that and we get this miserable mud ball where nothing gets opened up, no separation from anyone 

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think they just didn’t have any graded that highly 

They wanted Dalvin Cook, Vikings moved up, and they pivoted to their next highest grade.

It wasn’t the highest value pick for sure.

but he plays and was projected to play a lot. If you have a reliable deep threat the offense can attack any tier at any given play with Ertz & Goedert in there, and have severe mismatches size wise doing so. But they failed to stock the team with that and we get this miserable mud ball where nothing gets opened up, no separation from anyone 

Dalvin Cook was on the previous draft IIRC which only makes matters worse. The Guice debacle really pissed me off, it shows how we can´t handle players with strong personalities and as a result we have a roster full of guys with no fight. 

The Goedert pick was like promoting Press Taylor and Mike Groh without interviewing anybody else in the sense that they believe the roster/coaching staff was good the way it was.

2 hours ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

It's the whole team bro. Except for maybe the O-Line and the RB's.

Literally the whole team.

This team is a see-saw that can never all get on the same page. Offense plays good, defense plays bad, and vice versa legit every single week. There really hasn't been a single complete game played this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

Dalvin Cook was on the previous draft IIRC which only makes matters worse. The Guice debacle really pissed me off, it shows how we can´t handle players with strong personalities and as a result we have a roster full of guys with no fight. 

The Goedert pick was like promoting Press Taylor and Mike Groh without interviewing anybody else in the sense that they believe the roster/coaching staff was good the way it was.

Oh yeahhh....ooops, my bad 

could have sworn it was the same draft ha. I think yeah I conflated Guice and Cook there

yeah, I hate that we can’t handle a goofy dude or  a star really at all too. Like we need some guys like that, big playmakers.

You guys are so Jekyll and Hyde after a Win and a Loss its hilarious. There was nothing wrong with the Goedert pick what so ever. Especially if you look at what Doug Pederson since the second he became HC has ATTEMPTED  (not successfully all the time) to do since being hired. Follow the Patriot Blue Print.

He saw Belicheck and Brady for years abuse Defenses with the 2 and 3 TE Packages. Saw how many mismatches you can create with a Stud TE and another of equal or very good talent opposite him. How friendly the TE is to a QB.

This was also an insurance policy for Ertz potentially getting hurt and Ertz potentially falling off a cliff with Age. Pederson's offense Requires a legit TE and Speed WR (Smith/Wallace/Desean). Goedert is still that just going through some dumb growing pains holding onto the ball.

You can't address every single hole in one offseason. They've attempted to do it in stages replacing older players failing miserably with some of those draft picks has been the problem!!! 2017 has killed us.

17' DE/CB/RB/Wr Barnett for BG, Sidney/Douglas, Pumprey for Sproles, Gibson speed WR.

18' TE/CB/DE Goedert , Maddox, Sweat

19' OL/RB/WR Dillard for Peters , JJ eventually for Alshon,  Sanders We Suck at RB

You also need to account for the Draft picks lost due to the Original WentzTrade and players Traded for over the years Darby, Ajahi, Tate ect.

Edited by Nabbs4u