The Jason Garrett GTFO Thread: He’s Gone

resilient part 2

Will Jason Garrett be fired by next game??  

35 members have voted

1. 1. JG will still be the coach next game?

• no Jerry Jones is finally fed up
    • Yes, thats why Jerry Jones is Jery Jones

28 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

So the Patriots have gone through four kickers this year. Well....Folk is back for the second time this year. You gotta try something man. 

But hey, lets keep Maybe Maher for a little bit longer.

Folk was out because he had an appendectomy. Regardless, he was available at any point while Maher was regularly missing kicks.

Edited by plan9misfit

6 hours ago, Northland said:

Jimmy's team.  Jimmy's players.  We won in spite of Switzer.

That is my point. Jimmy brought emotional leaders to the roster. The current administration hasn't done that. A new HC will not likely be able to change that.

13 hours ago, TVScout said:

That is my point. Jimmy brought emotional leaders to the roster. The current administration hasn't done that. A new HC will not likely be able to change that.

I don't disagree with you at all.  In fact in a conversation with a buddy about Dallas I said a new coach may have some house cleaning to do.  There is talent but no grit on the roster.  Some players may need to go.

On 12/6/2019 at 8:36 AM, WizardHawk said:

What's the definition of "quality" here? I fear that definition to most consists of about 4-5 names.Anything outside of those big names is going to fall well short of the lofty expectations Dallas fans have. 

I mean, who is to say that Clemson OC and apparent candidate, Tony Elliott isn't that quality guy you speak of?  This place will never have it. Dallas fans have little to no patience for much of anything right now. My guess is someone outside the upper echelon is hired as HC and it's going to be a biblical meltdown. 

Not saying any of the ones you mentioned are not quality, but the ones you mentioned will have options if they are quality and could/should choose elsewhere based on our f’d up owner 

On 11/29/2019 at 2:14 PM, Matts4313 said:

“The final year of the collective bargaining agreement allows the Cowboys to use both the franchise and transition tags to retain players, so they could franchise Prescott and use the transition tag to keep Cooper before negotiating new deals for both.”

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28276535/ranking-best-worst-potential-nfl-head-coaching-openings-2019

I read a quote from Jimmy Johnson yesterday.  I'm paraphrasing but Jimmy said from his experience the biggest motivator for a player is fear.  Fear of letting your teammates down.  Fear of making a mistake.  Fear of getting cut.  Where is the fear in Dallas?  There isn't any.  Everybody is friends with everyone.  It's a country club.  Therein lies the problem.