Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

12 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I get firing him, but whats the point of doing it now instead of after the season?

Could be respect for Rivera. This gives him a shot at the best openings right away as other teams could be aware of his availability. Also gives four games to evaluate an interim guy the team might like.

• Like 1

Man, it's kind of brutal what happened to Miami's draft capital in the first round this year. At one point, they had a the first pick + a top 12 pick from Pittsburgh (borderline top 10 at one point) + a pick in the 20's from the Texans. While that last one hasn't changed, here is basically what has happened since then: 

Tua got hurt. 

#1 became #4, which means that they are no doubt missing out on Burrow and Chase Young. 

Pittsburgh's pick is currently slated at 22. Houston's pick is largely what it was always expected to be and will be playoff dependent 

On 12/3/2019 at 2:15 PM, John232 said:

Ron is a good coach. Not great, but good. If we didn't have Shanny, I wouldn't be opposed to someone like him. Giants should take a shot at him.

Agreed. One of the few retread type guys I think should get a second chance. I'd hire him before I hire McCarthy for sure. I think he's a fine coach and deserves another opportunity. 

50 minutes ago, Forge said:

Agreed. One of the few retread type guys I think should get a second chance. I'd hire him before I hire McCarthy for sure. I think he's a fine coach and deserves another opportunity. 

I'd hire him before McCarthy and before Jason Garrett. Rivera should be in demand, whether it'd be in the NFL or college. I do believe he will be in the NFL next year, though. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, straighthate said:

I know he said he wouldn’t, but I gotta think Jerry will fire Garrett during the season. Probably within the hour to be exact. 

Jerry doesn't fire coaches mid season 

He'd rather publicly castrate his coach than fire him midseason 

7 hours ago, Forge said:

My favorite thing about the nfc East is that Washington still hasn't been eliminated

If Alex Smith didn't get hurt and infected. Would he lead the Redskins to contention for the NFC East title this year? Clearly, no one is trying to win the damn thing.