Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

17 hours ago, John232 said:

I think the Saints manage to figure it out or Kamara just settles..but Shanny would do disgusting things with Kamara. We think Juice is OP in this scheme, Kamara would would just run a train on defenses. 

Sounding like you're right. That team is going to have some interesting decisions next year 

16 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

The RB position as a whole is just not worth investing franchise player money into. Don't get me wrong...I think the CMC's and Saquon's of the world are arguably some of the most talented players in the entire league. But under no circumstances would I devote huge chunks of cash nor premium draft capital towards the position. CMC's ability as a pass-catcher makes him a unique case study but even then, not sure if I would do it.

History has proven countless times that you don't need even a above average RB to win, yet alone a elite one. 

I like Kamara but he and guys like Cook just aren't as valuable as they think they are. And soon they and their agents will see it for themselves.

I agree with your overall sentiment, but I do think guys like CMC, Saquon and Kamara are different, even from Cook, Mixon and Elliot. When you have a guy who is capable of being an elite slot receiver and an elite runner, you don't let that go unless you have actual talent waiting in the wings. 

Kamara and CMC would be elite slot receivers if they played fulltime and their numbers splitting out wide, even part time, reflect that. That's not something you find very often. 

Edited by John232

1 hour ago, John232 said:

Sanu cut. I'd be going hard after him given our current depth issues. 

Considering we also tried to trade for him before sanders and list out to the pats, fully expect us to be in on that in a hurry if deebo and aiyuk aren't going to be ready

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I would 100% put in a call for him. He has two years left on his deal, and each year is < 1 m. Next year, Mullens will cost around 4 million to be a back up. Take on Rosen for like a 6th (or maybe some other depth roster player who won't make our team but could make Miami's), let him learn the system this year. Next year, we can let Nick Mullens walk rather than pay him a real back up salary and move Rosen into a back up role while continuing to allow him to show whether or not he actually has anything more. There's really no reason to keep CJ this year, and while I love Mullens, I think we all know what he is at this juncture and salary is important next year. 

Rosen has been dreadful in his career, but he hasn't been put in the greatest positions, either. That Arizona team was the worst offense in the NFL and one of the worst in history by dvoa. Comparable to the Alex Smith rookie year 49ers. Then he gets shipped to Miami who was basically actively tanking. Rough start for Rosen, but given the cost, there's no harm in trying to salvage something in the career at this point. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

I would 100% put in a call for him. He has two years left on his deal, and each year is < 1 m. Next year, Mullens will cost around 4 million to be a back up. Take on Rosen for like a 6th (or maybe some other depth roster player who won't make our team but could make Miami's), let him learn the system this year. Next year, we can let Nick Mullens walk rather than pay him a real back up salary and move Rosen into a back up role while continuing to allow him to show whether or not he actually has anything more. There's really no reason to keep CJ this year, and while I love Mullens, I think we all know what he is at this juncture and salary is important next year. 

Rosen has been dreadful in his career, but he hasn't been put in the greatest positions, either. That Arizona team was the worst offense in the NFL and one of the worst in history by dvoa. Comparable to the Alex Smith rookie year 49ers. Then he gets shipped to Miami who was basically actively tanking. Rough start for Rosen, but given the cost, there's no harm in trying to salvage something in the career at this point. 

I wouldn't be against this either. I liked Rosen coming out and he's got some arm talent. I think some stability would do wonders for his career. Maybe we could develop him and showcase him in Shanny's offense in the pre-season and get something more out of him in a trade a couple years down the road as well.  

• Like 2

Rosen had really nice footwork and rhythm timing from under center coming out. I like him better for Shanny's stuff than other offenses - he's not athletic at all, has a fairly mediocre release speed and ball velocity, and can be a hit or miss decision maker when you spread the field with five receivers, but he will be more comfortable than most with the (now) unorthodox nature of our offense. He's more physically gifted than Mullens for sure, but that's not saying anything at all. And Rosen's sort of "smarter than you" brat thing might be mitigated when he is very obviously not the brightest offensive guy in any room that Shanahan also resides in.

No disrespect intended, but trading for Josh Rosen makes no logical sense. Not even considering what the compensation would be (even a 7th round pick 12 years from now would be illogical), trading for Josh Rosen's contract is foolish. Not because of finances, but the years left. We acknowledge Rosen would be very unlikely to pick up the system starting in September, which means all of this year - the third year of his contract - is a wash. Even if Jimmy were to go down, we would prefer Mullens to enter as the backup due to his 3 years in the system. So we would be giving up assets under the hope that Josh Rosen would be an improvement over Nick Mullens in 2021, while still sinking or swimming with Jimmy G at the helm. There's no way we would pick up a 5th year option on a backup QB, so he'd very likely be elsewhere in 2022. 

So what's really the point? If we need to save money on the backup QB, almost certainly we would get more value out of just drafting a QB with the pick we would trade for him.

If Rosen is cut and becomes a free agent? Much different conversation. Then I'm merely ambivalent to adding him.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

No disrespect intended, but trading for Josh Rosen makes no logical sense. Not even considering what the compensation would be (even a 7th round pick 12 years from now would be illogical), trading for Josh Rosen's contract is foolish. Not because of finances, but the years left. We acknowledge Rosen would be very unlikely to pick up the system starting in September, which means all of this year - the third year of his contract - is a wash. Even if Jimmy were to go down, we would prefer Mullens to enter as the backup due to his 3 years in the system. So we would be giving up assets under the hope that Josh Rosen would be an improvement over Nick Mullens in 2021, while still sinking or swimming with Jimmy G at the helm. There's no way we would pick up a 5th year option on a backup QB, so he'd very likely be elsewhere in 2022. 

So what's really the point? If we need to save money on the backup QB, almost certainly we would get more value out of just drafting a QB with the pick we would trade for him.

If Rosen is cut and becomes a free agent? Much different conversation. Then I'm merely ambivalent to adding him.

The point is trimming the fat of 3 million on Mullens' contract next season when the cap at  best is static and at worst goes down. That three million potentially almost pays for Moseley's tender. Allows us to resign Spoon or a number or any other smaller free agents. It's just trimming salary fat. I'm fine with riding Rosen as a back up next year at 1M rather than Mullens at 4M...don't care much about one guy being in the system for 3 years and the other for 1. There's also potentially some upside there. 

• Like 1