Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

4 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

No Schaub as Backup

As long as that means we don't end up with someone like Hoyer, I'm good with it. 

Interesting career for Schaub. 40 years old already ... feel like maybe a lot of people didn't know that. 

Side note...I would have interest in bringing him on to the coaching staff if he was interested 

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

As far as Saleh goes, we have requested to interview him. Who would he bring with him to be OC? McDaniel?

Most likely. He's very tight with the Lafleur family, but as @J-ALL-DAY has noted before, feels like that would be a very awkward situation if he had to fire him at some point down the line. McD is generally considered a genius as well and has been for a long time. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Most likely. He's very tight with the Lafleur family, but as @J-ALL-DAY has noted before, feels like that would be a very awkward situation if he had to fire him at some point down the line. McD is generally considered a genius as well and has been for a long time. 

Beautiful. Think he would bring Peters or Dodds with him (Saleh)?

Edited by KhanYouDigIt

Just now, KhanYouDigIt said:

Beautiful. Think he would bring Peters or Dodds with him (Saleh)?

Peters is in the running or a couple of other jobs where he has personal relationships, but Peters, Dodds and Kirchner are all options. 

Maybe its just me and maybe i'll be wrong...but i feel like Saleh is the best HC candidate this offseason. 

I also like Brandon Staley & Joe Brady but they might need more time before they're ready for the HC role. 

Not really impressed with anyone else....

14 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Maybe its just me and maybe i'll be wrong...but i feel like Saleh is the best HC candidate this offseason. 

I also like Brandon Staley & Joe Brady but they might need more time before they're ready for the HC role. 

Not really impressed with anyone else....

Bienemy and then Saleh. Bienemy's past will always be a sticking point for some but this is a league geared for offensive football. And he's one of the best up and coming minds on that side of the ball, being groomed by one of the best offensive minds in the history of the league for years now.

1 hour ago, sherm said:

Man the NFL really does fast track some guys before they're ready.

I think that teams want to get a look under the hood at him. He is a complete unknown in the NFL even with 1 year under his belt, I think these teams just want to talk to him to get a better read on him moving forward

It was one reason I wasnt thrilled with how much Saleh was interviewing. I didn't want teams to ask too many questions about Kyle and the way we do things. 

BB infamously builds a book on each coach and player in the league. Other teams do it too I would imagine 

15 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Bienemy and then Saleh. Bienemy's past will always be a sticking point for some but this is a league geared for offensive football. And he's one of the best up and coming minds on that side of the ball, being groomed by one of the best offensive minds in the history of the league for years now.

I'm sceptical of OC's under Andy Reid. Brad Childress, Matt Nagy, Doug Pederson (think Reich had way more to do with that SB), etc. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I'm sceptical of OC's under Andy Reid. Brad Childress, Matt Nagy, Doug Pederson (think Reich had way more to do with that SB), etc. 

I think OC's under offensive HC's and DC's under defensive HC's are always much harder to really tell how big their role is and what influence they have on a day to day basis running that side. A DC under a Offensive HC in most cases is more on his own because while i am sure Kyle has a say in things on defense most of his time will be spend on the offense.

In the end hiring a HC is a crapshoot almost as much as the draft is. You are asking guys that have never done something(in most cases you always have exceptions) to do a different job then they have done. Same goes with with promoting position coaches to coordinator. A great position coach can be a terrible coordinator and vice versa. I think we can all agree Bobby Turner is one of the best RB-Coaches there have been in the NFL yet he has only been a OC once for Purdue in the early nineties.