Week 15 GDT - The El Rammy's v. The Jerruh Boys: 6-10 here we come?

D82

6 minutes ago, Revenant said:

I wasn't sure where to put this, but the title thread says 6-10 here we come. 

The Eagles are currently losing to the Giants at halftime.  Their remaining schedule is against the Redskins, us, and the Giants.  We have to play the Rams, the Eagles, and Washington.  Using the ESPN Playoff Machine, we could lose every game here on out, go 6-10 and win the NFC East if Philly loses to the Giants twice, loses to Washington, and beats the Cowboys.  I dont think that has ever happened before and it would be extraordinarily depressing if we not only limped into the playoffs but basically had our dead carcass flop across the finish line. 

I think the collective world of the NFL would explode if that happened. In this scenario we would win division because of the better division record.

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

^^ Posted in news

6-10 probably lands you at #9 or #10. If we win even 1 more game, the top 10 is almost certainly out of the question.

I'm still rooting for the playoffs. The nightmare scenario is beating the Rams and Redskins, but losing to the Eagles, ending up 8-8 but out of the playoffs. 

Weirdly, there isn't much upside to beating the Rams for our playoff hopes (besides morale/momentum), and there is only downside for our draft slot.

14 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

6-10 probably lands you at #9 or #10. If we win even 1 more game, the top 10 is almost certainly out of the question.

I'm still rooting for the playoffs. The nightmare scenario is beating the Rams and Redskins, but losing to the Eagles, ending up 8-8 but out of the playoffs. 

Weirdly, there isn't much upside to beating the Rams for our playoff hopes (besides morale/momentum), and there is only downside for our draft slot.

Yeah, well, beating the rams means gloating over rammy... so I want to win. 

• Like 1

I want to lose out.  It’s really the only way Jerry will shame himself into hiring a really good coach.  It took the shame of campo and Bozo to hire Parcells.  Then, because the team was trending up, Jerry went soft with Wade and again with JG.  We need Jerry to be thinking... I will do whatever it takes to win even if the coach tells me to shut up and butt out.