(Polls) Should We Trade OBJ?

Mind Character

OBJ  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Trade OBJ?

• Hell no. Trading OBJ is ridiculous. OBJ is so far down the list of problems with this team. Fix those things first (i.e., Coaching, OLine, QB consistency, Chemistry) before you give in to trading away a currently hobbled generational talent. Contrary to popular belief he's a good teammate.It's not as if somehow OBJ magically sucks or lost his powers now.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Yes. Trade him. He's always a locker room issue; he sucks now it's obvious. I mean look at those drops. He can't make plays and would rather worry about cleats and watches; he doesn't care about the game enough ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Regrettably, we should trade him because I'm afraid the Freddie-Lindley connection will never use him right and Baker can't seem to get on the same page with him and get the ball to him naturally. Might as well trade him. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Yes. We should trade him and use the picks we get for him on both an OLIneman and WR. Dorsey will make the picks we get for him into a good OLineman and WR and maybe more. Think about it; we'd be trading a generational WR for a OLineman and WR. 2 is better than 1. Do it ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. 2. Does Freddie Kitchens ever get this team to the playoffs?

3. 3. Does Freddie Kitchens ever get this team beyond the 1st round of the playoffs?

26 minutes ago, brownie man said:

So quickly it wouldn’t make any sense. 

we could throw our first round pick in there too and I’d do it in a heartbeat 

Sorry Adams lt Georgia is going to drop to us then we will have a all pro left tackle at 2million a year

5 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Sorry Adams lt Georgia is going to drop to us then we will have a all pro left tackle at 2million a year

Then put him on the right side until Williams is done. Not that hard we need help everywhere on the o line. 

we could do that and then to guard in the second 

Great player or not, if he's gonna undermine the team he needs to go. I don't want to trade him, but if he's gonna make a fuss about it, fine.

33 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t think this would happen, but would you do

OBJ for Trent Williams + Redskins 1st?

All day. We could theoretically take Andrew Thomas at #3 and move Trent Williams to RT. Then use our 1st for just about anything we want.

• Like 1

Let me say I was against the trade when it happened. I was excited and bought in to the potential of it but I didn’t like it. Have hated him on this team the whole year. People complain about Landry’s contract... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Beckham has done next to nothing, drops passes, causes drama on and off the field. Trade him.

They’re not the rams of the early 2000s

They’re not the Chiefs 

They need to jam the ball down the other teams throat and we have receivers outside of Beckham that are more than good enough to win.

Theyve wasted this year trying to be something they’re not.

Let's see what he can do IF he and Baker put in a lot of work during the offseason. They just look out of sync more often than not. They should have let him have his surgery and miss a couple of games at the start of the season.

Trading him now would be dumb, because chances are we would not get fair value in return. Plus, what kind of cap hit would we take? I still believe that OBJ gives our offense the potential to be deadly... he just has to be okay with the fact that he may not always get 10+ targets a game. Like today for example, our running game was carrying us in the second half, so of course OBJ isn't going to see many passes thrown his way when we barely even passed it in the second half.

Landry has been great this year, and that's likely partially due to him seeing more favorable matchups with OBJ facing a team's #1 CB. I doubt Landry would be as good as he's been this year if OBJ wasn't there to take attention away from Landry. Also, losing OBJ would also hurt us since our receivers overall haven't played that well outside of Landry. Higgins was injured and now has just been invisible, Callaway is gone for being an idiot, and the rest of our WRs haven't proven anything. Then there's guys like Njoku, who is a good threat in the passing game but hasn't exactly been the most consistent player thus far into his career. With OBJ gone, our receiving corps would have a lot of question marks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

Then put him on the right side until Williams is done. Not that hard we need help everywhere on the o line. 

we could do that and then to guard in the second 

Screw that. Sign Conklin to play RT. Make rookie the LT and ask for other pieces from Washington. 

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t think this would happen, but would you do. OBJ for Trent Williams + Redskins 1st?

As it stands, Washington has bungled the situation so bad with Trent Williams that they'd be lucky to get a 4th or 5th round pick for him as the writing is on the wall regarding his release.

Let's look at the pick as a guaranteed player. Let's say their on the clock and Andrew Thomas, LT Georgia, Jedrick Wills Jr., OT Alabama, or Chase Young, DE Ohio state are on the board and they offer us the rights to select one of those players + Trent Williams.

To me that's not enough because Trent Williams truly may never be cleared for the sustained helmet contact that is OLine play (Joe Thomas talked about how every other play OLine hit their helmet against another helmet or get their helmet hit) and even if he gets cleared will cost huge financial investment although he may only be a productive player for a few more years.

But let's say Washington includes a conditional 3rd round pick that escalates to a 2nd round pick if Trent Williams doesn't resign with us. 

So, it would be the rights to draft Andrew Thomas, Jedrick Wills Jr., or Chase Young + Trent Williams + a Conditional 3rd round pick that can become a 2nd.

That would be worthwhile trade to consider assuming we could then hit with our own draft pick. if the trade included Da'Ron Payne instead of the conditional pick so Thomas/Wills/Young + Da'Ron Payne + Trent Williams for Odell Beckham + a 3rd round pick + the Pats 3rd round pick, I'd do that one in a heartbeat. 

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

So quickly it wouldn’t make any sense. we could throw our first round pick in there too and I’d do it in a heartbeat 

Hell no. Including our own pick would be madness. Trent is not that player anymore. A trade would only make sense if we got their pick, Williams +, and the right to keep our 1st.