MIA extends WR Devante Parker for 4 years / 40M

Broncofan

Fair enough deal. And Miami has cap space like nobody's business with the $65M in dead money coming off next year, so really no reason not to resign him.

Such a weirdly structured roster when you look at who they've paid though. Their top 5 players in cap space going into the offseason will likely be WRs and DBs. And 7 of their top 9. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FinSting said:

Yah seems like a decent deal compared to the typical productive WR contract. Parker and rookie Preston Williams are some tall WR targets, nice tandem. 

This might not bode well for the future of well-paid but oft-injured WR speedster Albert Wilson in Miami. This team will probably have 20 new guys on the 53 next year tho, so who knows. 

I would gladly take Wilson back in KC if he winds up being a depth chart or cap casualty. I'd totally be down rolling with the world's shortest WR corp next year. Hill, Hardman, Wilson, and Pringle. All the speed, none of the height.

19 hours ago, gopackgo247 said:

It could end up being a steal of a contract. but hes just too inconsistent to give $10mil a year to.  they wouldve been better off just getting a WR in the draft theres a TON this year. 

Why not keep Parker and draft a WR. Create a + situation instead of another area to fill/worry about. 

The Dolphins aren't paying anyone. Parker's contract doesn't matter or inhibit flexibility. 

• Like 2

i wouldnt give Parker 2 Guranteed years of salary based on his career.

Edit: the Amount per year seems okayish appx tyrell williams-tyler lockett range but its definitely a risky idea of giving him 2 fully guranteed years coming off arguebly his best year to date as a pro but if he was set to be a FA i could see a lil why they did that but based on what ive read he had an extension(2 years) just in march so thats definitely risky business extending him with a year on his contract again.  

Edited by LinderFournette

• 2 weeks later...