2017-18 NCAAB Thread

Glen

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

He actually should go NBA he would be one of the hottest Commodities out there. In my opinion and if he did fail in the NBA he can write his ticket back to college wherever he wants

Pretty much what Pitino did in the 90s. I just want his philosophies installed with the Bucks. We need a culture change, bad.

36 minutes ago, mse326 said:

So where does this Nova team rank in the last 10 or 20 years. I think top 5 but I may be biased.

Easily top 5 in the last 10 years. We haven't seen a team glide to a championship like this since UK in 2012. 

Coming into tonight they were already the 5th best team in Kenpom in the last decade, and that's obviously going to jump quite a bit after tonight.

1. 2015 UK (36.9)
  2. 2015 Wisconsin (33.7)
  3. 2011 OSU (33.5)
  4. 2010 Duke (33.3)
  5. 2018 Nova (33.2)

I would say the best 5 teams of the last 10 years, in no order, are 2012 and 2015 UK, 2009 UNC, 2010 Duke, and 2018 Nova. 

5 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

This whole year I have tried to remember if DiVincenzo's name was Archie or Ryan. Turns out it is Donte lol.

I was thinking that too. Was there a player named like Ryan Archidnico or something like that within the last few years. 

Anyways 05 UNC, AD UK team and perhaps the back-to-back UF teams with the big 4 are the best teams in recent memory that come to mind. 

8 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Okay Jay, you've won your national titles, now come win a NBA title with Giannis!

I don't think Jay Wright leaves Villanova honestly. It'd take a massive chunk of change for him to consider it.

4 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

I was thinking that too. Was there a player named like Ryan Archidnico or something like that within the last few years. 

Anyways 05 UNC, AD UK team and perhaps the back-to-back UF teams with the big 4 are the best teams in recent memory that come to mind. 

Those University of Florida teams we're so dang good... Joakim Noah, Al Horford, Corey Brewer, Marreese Speights all had/have good NBA careers. Lee Humphrey was incredible from 3, so was Taurean Green. That was one of my favorite NCAAB runs honestly.

17 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

And Brunson. There's a chance Spellman leaves too.

I've heard there's a fair chance Brunson stays, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if he left. I don't think Spellman leaves until next year.

We have three solid players coming in as freshman next year headlined by PG Jahvon Quinerly. 

• 11 months later...
On 11/14/2017 at 10:26 PM, DalCowboyzRule said:

Tech beat Maine 83-44, but my favorite part was our 3 true freshman rotation players.

3* SG Jarrett Culver: 21 minutes, 4-8 FG, 11 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block

3* SG/SF Zhaire Smith: 18 minutes, 4-5 FG, 11 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal

4* PG Davide Moretti: 16 minutes, 1-2 FG, 5 points, 1 rebound, 2 assists, 2 steals

Found this post from 11/14/17 and that's wild.

Culver is now a top 5 pick. Z was the first one and done in program history and the #16 pick. Moro is out here putting up 50/40/90 seasons and leading us to Final Four's. 

Sheesh.

Archived