Does Deshaun Watson get criticized enough?

patriotsheatyan

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

'The Eagles hate Wentz' ... brought to you by the makers of 'Belichick likes Jimmy G more than Brady' xD

Imagine being such a homer that multiple people from multiple years call your QB a donkey and not being able to face reality. 

I guess you just know better than the guys in the locker room.

21 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Imagine being such a homer that multiple people from multiple years call your QB a donkey and not being able to face reality. 

I guess you just know better than the guys in the locker room.

Imagine being so absolutely clueless that you can't even recognize a hit piece when you see one.

Example: Reich is a god who controlled the evil Wentz. Look at Indy 2018!!!

• Retort: Indy 2019

Groh is a good coach who is bullied!

• Did they really say an NFL QB has an ego?
    • Good thing Brady, or Marino, or Rivers, or Roethlisberger, never thought highly of themselves...
  • Playing favorites! ... Brady trusts Edelman means the same thing.
    • Its amazing how easily simple minds buy into this partisan crap.

Guys like Wentz, and Brady, and Marino are incredible players and really football smart and they resist mediocrity from coaches

See Brady with or without McDaniels (his only 2 one-and-done playoff runs when Josh left)... they just work well together.

• They beat up Tebow, Baltimore dropped a TD and missed a FG, and they lost the other 3 playoff games.
    • Maybe Brady bullied Bill O'Brien? I'd say yes if I had some lame agenda (I have a brain so I won't)

I could say that Dak ran Scott Linehan out of Dallas if I wanted to write a hit piece. (or Linehan is just not as good as Moore has been)

If there is a rumor mill low-life insult approach that takes zero brain cells to advance without reading for comprehension... I wonder who will post it...

Could it be the guy who worships Dak, who was such a pathetic teammate on Sunday that he kept the better man on the bench while he tried to play with a bad shoulder.

He was either too hurt or too pathetic to hit open WRs .

Was that about the Cowboys or the Contract?

What a leader!

Nick Foles might be one of the twenty best leaders in NFL history.

Wentz and Prescott are not top 100 but they don't need to be. They just need to be the best leaders they can while leading by example and making the plays on the field.

Edited by SkippyX

Just now, SkippyX said:

Imagine being so absolutely clueless that you can't even recognize a hit piece when you see one.

Example: Reich is a god who controlled the evil Wentz. Look at Indy 2018!!!

• Retort: Indy 2019

Groh is a good coach who is bullied!

Did they really say an NFL QB has an ego?

Good QBs with leadership skills are given a free pass for cockiness. But Wentz's teammates realize he is not worth it. 

Just now, SkippyX said:

Good thing Brady, or Marino, or Rivers, or Roethlisberger, never thought highly of themselves...

Literally point to 6+ people bad mouthing them. 

Just now, SkippyX said:

Playing favorites! ... Brady trusts Edelman means the same thing.

Its amazing how easily simple minds buy into this partisan crap.

Guys like Wentz and Brady and Marino are incredible players and really football smart and they resist mediocrity from coaches

Jesus Christ. Do you really think Wentz is an incredible player? Much less worth being compared to Brady and Marino? 

Just now, SkippyX said:

See Brady with or without McDaniels (his only 2 one-and-done playoff runs when Josh left)... they just work well together.

...Josh was literally not even Bradys coach for multiple superbowl wins.... 

Do you fact check anything you say?

Just now, SkippyX said:
  • They beat up Tebow, Baltimore dropped a TD and missed a FG, and they lost the other 3 playoff games.
    • Maybe Brady bullied Bill O'Brien? I'd say yes if I had some lame agenda (I have a brain so I won't)

I could say that Dak ran Scott Linehan out of Dallas if I wanted to write a hit piece. (or Linehan is just not as good as Moore has been)

Linehan is the entire reason Dak is in Dallas. The fact that our offense is stuck in 1993 is why Linehan is fired and Garrett will be soon as well. 

Just now, SkippyX said:

If there is a rumor mill low-life insult approach that takes zero brain cells to advance without reading for comprehension... I wonder who will post it...

This "low life" rumor mill is literally only happening to 1 QB. And he is the only "franchise QB" I have ever seen get shat on like this.

Just now, SkippyX said:

Could it be the guy who worships Dak, who was such a pathetic teammate on Sunday that he kept the better man on the bench while he tried to play with a bad shoulder.

Well this is true. Dak should have been benched. If he is "unable to function" all week then he shouldnt be attempting to give it a go in the game.

Just now, SkippyX said:

He was either too hurt or too pathetic to hit open WRs .

No argument there. He did play pathetically. 

Just now, SkippyX said:

Was that about the Cowboys or the Contract?

If anything he hurt his contract, so this is a dumb argument.

Just now, SkippyX said:

What a leader!

Nick Foles might be one of the twenty best leaders in NFL history.

Wentz and Prescott are not top 100 but they don't need to be. They just need to be the best leaders they can while leading by example and making the plays on the field.

Kinda hard for Wentz to be a leader when literally 6+ players (assuming offensive) think he is a donkey. 

Dude, your world has been shattered this week. We all get it.

You have to lash out.

Ask Philadelphians how they get their Sports News. It 'aint Philly Voice.

That's pure 100% click bait.

I myself have 72 anonymous Cowboys teammates sources who hate Dak. Go ahead and check my sources... oh, they are anonymous.

See Brady have a coach named Josh... see Josh go away... See New England have less success. See Josh return... See success ramp up again.

• Wow, what does 2001-2004 have to do with that?
  • You should fact check what facts are

As for comparison. I gave one and it was Foles as a leader vs Dak and Wentz not near him.

I was pointing out Wentz as an NFL QB who has played at an MVP level who has an ego.

I gave examples of other famous QBs who have well known egos

Oddly we know the best ones better than guys like Trent Green.  You go research him and let me know if he had a big ego.

I am 100% a Foles guy. I wanted Foles to stay. I get why he did not and the Eagles reasons behind it even if I dissented.

That does not mean I have to throw BS at Wentz or buy the BS from Josina 'Go Cowboys!' Anderson or Philly Voice or Orlando Scandrick.

Wentz is not perfect and he's not even hitting his prime yet.

He's a guy who was running with Brady for 2017 MVP in games 17-30 of his career.

He is about to make his 56th start on Sunday.

If he needs to treat bad coaches with more respect then fine, but I'd prefer they bring in coaches who deserve respect.

If he needs to check down (HE DOES!) then I will kill him for it (like Carolina last year) but its about the play making, not about his ego.

He has gotten far better at the checkdown thing this year.

I ripped him a bit in victory this week because he was high to Ertz (missing a 1st and goal and hurting him) and he missed Goedert deep.

That game should have been a blowout but he still made the plays to win the game.

That's on him as a player, not as some evil Machiavellian villain blowing up the locker room. 

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Dude, your world has been shattered this week. We all get it.

You have to lash out.

Ask Philadelphians how they get their Sports News. It 'aint Philly Voice.

That's pure 100% click bait.

There was literally articles from every major sports outlet. Hell, Deadspin even commented on it... deadspin. They are fake news and even they got in on the Wentz bashing.

I myself have 72 anonymous Cowboys teammates sources who hate Dak. Go ahead and check my sources... oh, they are anonymous.

You literally have 0 sources because everyone who has ever met Dak speaks of what a high character guy he is. Even Romo as he was having his job stolen on a stacked team couldnt help but gush about Dak. 

See Brady have a coach named Josh... see Josh go away... See New England have less success. See Josh return... See success ramp up again.

• Wow, what does 2001-2004 have to do with that?
  • You should fact check what facts are

You made a false statement. Josh was a defensive assistant when Brady first starting winning superbowls. You cant be this dense. 

As for comparison. I gave one and it was Foles as a leader vs Dak and Wentz not near him.

Again, Dak is loved and revered by everyone he plays with. The same cant be said about Wentz... 

I was pointing out Wentz as an NFL QB who has played at an MVP level who has an ego.

Funny, has Wentz actually gotten MVP votes? Because Dak has. (I actually dont know if Wentz has)

I gave examples of other famous QBs who have well known egos

Oddly we know the best ones better than guys like Trent Green.  You go research him and let me know if he had a big ego.

Did you point out the 6+ people bashing their QB? 

Has there ever been a Franchise QB in the history of the NFL that has had 6+ guys bash him? 

I am 100% a Foles guy. I wanted Foles to stay. I get why he did not and the Eagles reasons behind it even if I dissented.

That does not mean I have to throw BS at Wentz or buy the BS from Josina 'Go Cowboys!' Anderson or Philly Voice or Orlando Scandrick.

ostrich-head-in-sand@2x.jpg

Wentz is not perfect and he's not even hitting his prime yet.

He's a guy who was running with Brady for 2017 MVP in games 17-30 of his career.

He had 9 good games. Feel free to lump in others, but the reality is he 9 good games. 

He is about to make his 56th start on Sunday.

If he needs to treat bad coaches with more respect then fine, but I'd prefer they bring in coaches who deserve respect.

Is that how you approach life? "Earn my respect, I wont give it freely"... And again, 6+ players (assuming on offense) think he is a donkey. 

If he needs to check down (HE DOES!) then I will kill him for it (like Carolina last year) but its about the play making, not about his ego.

He has gotten far better at the checkdown thing this year.

Hard to get worse since he lead the NFL in passed 5 yards or less.

I ripped him a bit in victory this week because he was high to Ertz (missing a 1st and goal and hurting him) and he missed Goedert deep.

That game should have been a blowout but he still made the plays to win the game.

That's on him as a player, not as some evil Machiavellian villain blowing up the locker room. 

You know who doesnt have teammates calling him out for being a poor teammate? Deshaun Watson. 

This is the entire list of (not) comparable situations to Wentz:

1. Brown being a jerk to Ben. Who was accused of rape multiple times.

2. Rivers screaming at people but not his own team.

3. Rodgers hating his family along with Greg Jennings.

4. TO calling McNabb out for his choke/puke job. 

5. Brady being super demanding, especially to vets.

6. Irvin saying he was literally afraid of Aikman. 

7. Favre being an arse to Rodgers. 

You know what none of them had? 6+ teammates who pooped on them to media members. This is me being sarcastic because literally no franchise QB in the history of the NFL has had 6+ players complain to the media about him. You have to go to the drug abusing Ryan Leafs of the world. 

1 minute ago, Daimonas said:

So does Watson get criticized enough? @SkippyX @Matts4313

Well, I said Watson was better than Dak and Jackson to start the season, so I am pretty sure I have lost all credibility. 

BTW - Once we get far enough into the offseason I do plan on bringing your sig back up. Seeing as we are 4 years in and all the statements are still statistically true. 

17 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Luckily not even (most) Eagles fans even believe that nowadays. Hell, even Eagles players want a new QB. ;)

Click on the Dak vs Wentz thread.

The poll disagrees and its only going to keep growing :) 

In the famous words of Pete on our team forum: Dak Sucks.