Does Deshaun Watson get criticized enough?

patriotsheatyan

Now, saying that he doesn’t get criticized doesn’t mean that he is a bust or bad or just average. 

But I feel that when Watson has a bad game it rarely gets talked about while when he has a great game it is talked about for a month. He is also given compliments by the media that come off as delusional at times, seeing NFL Network analysts call him the Michael Jordan of the NFL, watching Willie McGinest said a few days ago that he has proven himself as a Super Bowl contender because of college, how many people seem to bring up Watson before Mahomes when discussing the Bears missing on Trubisky. Before the Texans Colts TNF the panel on either NFL or ESPN had people argue that Watson is too good for the Texans and needs a better team, as if he has proven himself to be above a fairly talented offense.

Now, I predicted Watson would be a bust so while I think Watson seems like a good guy, there is some salt on my part and part of me still wants him to be a bust so I can be right. So I’m biased here.

What do you think though? Does Watson get treated like he is more accomplished than he is?

• Like 1

Think his rookie shine is gone. He’s rated below 

Wilson-Mahomes and Lamar in that order of mobile QBs. Yeah, he’s never been able to recapture that phenomenal rookie stretch of games where he was a magician. That Seattle game was one of the best. 

Its it’s a shame because he’s good too. Maybe not Jared Goff good but somewhere in front of Dak. #NOCAP 

• Like 4

I called him overrated before you did. Plagarizer. For real though, at the combine he had the lowest ball velocity since 2008. And sometimes in his game it shows, his passes just look slow motion or he underthrows guys on deep routes. Thats going to be a problem in the playoffs when the margin for error shrinks and defenses are faster and more locked in. Apparently in the KC draft workouts that year he was way behind the mark on Mahomes when it came to memorizing plays and stuff too.

I think he's getting crowned too early like Lamar, just to a lesser extent. Both guys have been to the playoff once and looked like total crap in those games but people have no problem talking about them like they've been there and done that.

• Like 1

Is your issue that he's not being unfairly criticized as much as other players? That's not an issue. Other QBs getting criticized every time they have a sub par game is the issue.

Watson's over 4200 total yards and 33 TDs with a division title (once again) locked up 15 games in. I don't see what there is to complain about.

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Think his rookie shine is gone. He’s rated below 

Wilson-Mahomes and Lamar in that order of mobile QBs. Yeah, he’s never been able to recapture that phenomenal rookie stretch of games where he was a magician. That Seattle game was one of the best. 

Its it’s a shame because he’s good too. Maybe not Jared Goff good but somewhere in front of Dak. #NOCAP 

He’s better than Goff.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

I called him overrated before you did. Plagarizer. For real though, at the combine he had the lowest ball velocity since 2008. And sometimes in his game it shows, his passes just look slow motion or he underthrows guys on deep routes. Thats going to be a problem in the playoffs when the margin for error shrinks and defenses are faster and more locked in. Apparently in the KC draft workouts that year he was way behind the mark on Mahomes when it came to memorizing plays and stuff too.

I think he's getting crowned too early like Lamar, just to a lesser extent. Both guys have been to the playoff once and looked like total crap in those games but people have no problem talking about them like they've been there and done that.

Dude. Lamar took over a team half way through the season running an offense tailored for Flacco.. If you can't see that Lamar is a completely different player than a year ago then I don't know what to tell you.. 

Also Watsons best season doesn't even touch what Lamar has done this season.. If you think Lamar is a flash in the pan than you are sorely mistaken! 

16 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

My only critisism of Watson is that he is going to get himself killed because he has no idea how to avoid contact. Ive never seen a player that takes more unnecessary hits than he does because hes always trying to make a play happen.

Agreed.

Watson has the talent but he puts himself in harms way too much.  I fear he will not have a long career as a result. 

2 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

Dude. Lamar took over a team half way through the season running an offense tailored for Flacco.. If you can't see that Lamar is a completely different player than a year ago then I don't know what to tell you.. 

Also Watsons best season doesn't even touch what Lamar has done this season.. If you think Lamar is a flash in the pan than you are sorely mistaken! 

Didn't say Lamar hasn't gotten better this year  just saying its funny to me how Lamar and Watson are totally immune to criticism. The playoffs are a different animal and always dominated by the elite passers.

3 minutes ago, VanS said:

Cosign.

That was a laughable statement.  Watson and Goff aren't even comprable.  Watson is significantly better at just about everything. 

I have no clue what the stats are or who is better in that department, but I'm taking Watson over Goff every single time.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

Didn't say Lamar hasn't gotten better this year  just saying its funny to me how Lamar and Watson are totally immune to criticism. The playoffs are a different animal and always dominated by the elite passers.

"Lamar immune to criticism" 

You have to be kidding me!!  He has been the most criticized player in the entire league over the last couple of years.. Lol!! 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

"Lamar immune to criticism" 

You have to be kidding me!!  He has been the most criticized player in the entire league over the last couple of years.. Lol!! 

Victim complex. I've seen nothing but universal praise for him since he's been a starter. Keep that same energy in the playoffs. Chiefs gonna run through the tape.