Week 17: Eagles' Forum Assemble!

EaglesPeteC

40 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Just realized Carson will likely be the first QB in Eagles history to throw for 4,000 yards. Crazy it's never happened.

Also baring injury, Full 16 gm season for the first time as well,  potential 30+TD less then 10 INT type numbers. Not sure why everyone keeps referring to his 2019 season as a Poor one? Especially with what he's working with?

Curious, who was the last 16 gm Starter for the Eagles and how many have we had in the past 15 years? But it's not a lot?

Edited by Nabbs4u

21 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Not sure how I feel about that stat of no WR with 500 yds. 1 Ertz is a glorified slot receiver as much as he’s lined up there. 2 it shows that the FO waited too long to bring up Ward or somebody talented enough while going through all these injuries and poor WR play

i would have to agree here now i just looked up Ertz's numbers this season.. he definitely qualifies as a receiver.. but we could still say 4000 yards with out a 1000 yard receiver lol 

just looking at Donovan McNabb's stats and i'm realizing that McNabb has generally put up pedestrian numbers.. he only threw 25+ TD passes twice in his career and thrown for 3500 yards or more 3 times in his career and played a full season 4 times in his career...

Definitely not HOF material 

but then again... his stats are far better than Troy Aikman 

Edited by eagles18
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Howie better realize he needs to sell out if he has to to get some receiving talent here for Carson’s prime. If he can’t draft one then he needs to trade whatever to get one. 

Yup like I've said before, can't be counting on DeSean and Alshon next year literally at all. Have to go into the off-season as if our only receivers under contract for 2020-21 are Ward and JJ. Need a high pick and a high priced FA there. Whatever DeSean and Alshon give you is a bonus at this point.

2 hours ago, eagles18 said:

i would have to agree here now i just looked up Ertz's numbers this season.. he definitely qualifies as a receiver.. but we could still say 4000 yards with out a 1000 yard receiver lol 

Ertz is no different then Kelce and Kittle . Obviously not the blocker both of them are but they too move all over the formation to create mismatches. That's just how the TE posistion is played nowadays when you have an athletic one. He's a TE, not WR! Just like the other two.