Week 17 GDT - 49ers @ Seahawks

N4L

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• 49ers
    • Seahawks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/30/2019 at 01:20 AM

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Seriously? Philly is CLEARLY an inferior team to Minnesota, and Seattle has been much better on the road this year than at home. Of course conventional logic says you want the home game, but honestly the result for Seattle was fine regardless of the outcome tonight. Like @showtime said, they're playing 2 road games regardless. This loss didn't really impact much in the grand scheme of things.

On a neutral field I'd agree that Minnesota is more favorable. That's not the case. Wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if Philly wins. 

Seattle obviously would still rather play at home lol. I don't care what their road record is. They played their 2 toughest opponents (Ravens and Saints) at home which contributed to that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

5/6 seed has gone to the super bowl 3 times, I believe.

3/4 seed 8 or 9 times.

Believe that is out of 58 participants since 1990, when they switched to the six team format

With this Seahawks team, no matter what road they take, they're gonna need a miracle to do anything with how bad their defense is and how....inconsistent their offense is.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

If Seattle wanted to get to the Superbowl, they were going to have to play and win on the road regardless of what happened tonight.

Seattle is 4-4 at home this year, but they're 7-1 on the road.

You played the Ravens and Saints at home. It's why the record is skewed. 

Either way, Seattle is the fourth best NFC playoff team at absolute best.  Wouldn't be surprised if they lose next week.  A lot of Seattle's games have been very close this year, so many last second games.  Hopefully the playoffs will be the same.

I have confidence the Seahawks can go toe-to-toe with any opponent.  San Francisco has home field advantage throughout the postseason, and Seattle has beat them there.

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

After that game, I just gotta say this year is the 49ers year.  If they don't make it, it'll be a huge disappointment.

I'm not banking on it. I suppose it depends on how much of the defense's collapse has been due to guys like Ford / Tartt / Kwon being out of hte lineup. The hope is that we could get at least two of them (Tartt & Ford) back in 2 weeks and maybe Kwon can come back too. I think the injuries have certainly hindered the team in that regard, but every team has them. But it's not a defense that can win a super bowl right now, and that's problematic. The offense is keeping the team afloat.

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

After that game, I just gotta say this year is the 49ers year.  If they don't make it, it'll be a huge disappointment.

I don't think so.  I don't think there's any team that's head and shoulders best in the NFC.  Could really make a strong case for the Niners, Saints and Packers as the three top teams.  Hell, even Seattle has held the #1 seed at moments.... I think as recently as a week or two ago they did.  I think it's up in the air.

Just now, Forge said:

I'm not banking on it. I suppose it depends on how much of the defense's collapse has been due to guys like Ford / Tartt / Kwon being out of hte lineup. The hope is that we could get at least two of them (Tartt & Ford) back in 2 weeks and maybe Kwon can come back too. I think the injuries have certainly hindered the team in that regard, but every team has them. But it's not a defense that can win a super bowl right now, and that's problematic. The offense is keeping the team afloat.

It'll still be the scariest defense in the NFC, Imo.  Packers at Lambeau is tough, but fortunately for 49ers, they have home field now.

Kinda fitting that another non-called DPI screws the Saints over, this time for a bye.

And yes, the 2 penalties that kept SEA in the game were equally horrid - but it's just a bad look for the Shield & the zebras.

FWIW, if the Zebras do their job, I suspect there's no dramatic finish, and SF runs out the clock same score - but now we'll never know.  SMH.