You decide: Do we move on from Carr this offseason?

RaidersAreOne

Should we move on from Carr this offseason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move on from Carr this offseason?

• Yes. We know what we have and it's time to move on.
    • No. Give him one more chance.

21 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

3 out of 5 losses were in 40 degrees or less weather

And with teams like New England, Baltimore, Buffalo, and Kansas City all looking like they'll be in the AFC playoff picture for a while, it's hard to have faith in Carr being able to get us over the hump. 

• Like 1

Had a laugh today at Florio and Simms discussing who has had the 2nd biggest completion % all time? Simms guessed Carr this year without looking at anything because of his 3-8 yard passes on 3rd down that he is famous for, and he was dead serious. These are basically freebies for Carr and pads his completion %.

The correct answer was Sam Bradford 2016 in Minnesota at 71.2% who did the same thing. 3-8 yards on 3rd Down. Bradford was fools gold. Just like Carr is.

32 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Had a laugh today at Florio and Simms discussing who has had the 2nd biggest completion % all time? Simms guessed Carr this year without looking at anything because of his 3-8 yard passes on 3rd down that he is famous for, and he was dead serious. These are basically freebies for Carr and pads his completion %.

The correct answer was Sam Bradford 2016 in Minnesota at 71.2% who did the same thing. 3-8 yards on 3rd Down. Bradford was fools gold. Just like Carr is.

Bradford is an oddly good comparison for Carr. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Here i'll do better, Carr best under pressure in the league is laughable when he dumps it off 3 yards at the first sign of pressure. Hard to throw int's under pressure when all you do is dump it off, those other QB's attempt to make plays even under pressure and that how you win games, you will make some plays and you may not, but a 3 yard dump off short of the first won't do anything especially when you know you have a not so good defense. So let's just keep punting to the other team and play safe ball makes a lot of sense.

Your assertion is proven wrong when Carr evaded pressure just in the last game to complete a deep pass to Renfrow. I truly don't believe you people watch the games.

There are countless examples throughout the season where Carr evaded pressure to make a play downfield. UIltimately, these conversations are pointless because only one of us does the work.

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Your assertion is proven wrong when Carr evaded pressure just in the last game to complete a deep pass to Renfrow. I truly don't believe you people watch the games.

There are countless examples throughout the season where Carr evaded pressure to make a play downfield. UIltimately, these conversations are pointless because only one of us does the work.

Hallelujah he did it once in a blue moon. Countless examples, even most of his supporters know he doesn't throw deep, that's why they blaming Gruden's offense.

This is from week 5 on, the amount of passes 5 yards or less is ridiculous the number of games without one pass over 20 yards is pathetic, he's got like 100 passes that didn't even reach the LOS, but you right only one of us does the work.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/list/pass/team/season/week/derek-carr/CAR358797/2019/5/pass.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 3

I know it's the beginning of lying season and some of these guys can be wrong, but Matt Miller reported that all signs point to Carr being back next year while the team targets some combo of wr/lb in the first. Seems like pretty obvious speculation. I hope he's wrong.

https://www.raidersbeat.com/miller-everything-ive-heard-is-derek-carr-will-be-raiders-qb-in-2020/

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

I know it's the beginning of lying season and some of these guys can be wrong, but Matt Miller reported that all signs point to Carr being back next year while the team targets some combo of wr/lb in the first. Seems like pretty obvious speculation. I hope he's wrong.

https://www.raidersbeat.com/miller-everything-ive-heard-is-derek-carr-will-be-raiders-qb-in-2020/

He's not wrong.  Only a moron would lateral move in this situation.  There's no better option at this point barring mortgaging our future and getting Burrow.  OR doing the same to get Lawrence next off season.  

• Like 2

It's interesting that we have a QB that we want to take more chances/risks and sling the rock when a lot of QB's are usually frustrating coaches that they take too many chances and give it back to the other team...HUMMM...

45 minutes ago, G said:

It's interesting that we have a QB that we want to take more chances/risks and sling the rock when a lot of QB's are usually frustrating coaches that they take too many chances and give it back to the other team...HUMMM...

I just want to score points and actually use our wrs. Also I’m tired of seeing our te and rb leading the team in rec and rec yards. Wrs aren’t decoys. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I just want to score points and actually use our wrs. Also I’m tired of seeing our te and rb leading the team in rec and rec yards. Wrs aren’t decoys. 

Also actually see the field and run when necessary. but most importantly grow some freaking balls.

the Carr excuse tap looks like it’s running dry

• Like 3

Just now, Gannon12 said:

Also actually see the field and run when necessary. but most importantly grow some freaking balls.

the Carr excuse tap looks like it’s running dry

Not gonna lie kinda scared carr will ruin a rookie #1 wr by ignoring him like he did coop

call me crazy but I don’t think carr would be a good teacher to a young qb

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I'm 100% on board with using our WR's. Carr must throw an awkward ball because we get lots of drops even at the end of Crabtree's time here. I saw a lot of drops this season to go with Carr's passive game management. Firing on all cylinders we never did this season. I'd like it if Carr invited a bunch of the 2020 draft WR's to a passing camp and saw who he had natural chemistry with and then let Mayock know. Doesn't mean they'd be the pick but having a chemistry might make a pick between Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, Higgins Shendolt more interesting.

41 minutes ago, G said:

I'm 100% on board with using our WR's. Carr must throw an awkward ball because we get lots of drops even at the end of Crabtree's time here. I saw a lot of drops this season to go with Carr's passive game management. Firing on all cylinders we never did this season. I'd like it if Carr invited a bunch of the 2020 draft WR's to a passing camp and saw who he had natural chemistry with and then let Mayock know. Doesn't mean they'd be the pick but having a chemistry might make a pick between Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, Higgins Shendolt more interesting.

Carr is in love with completion percentage he think those 5 yard dumps makes him look good.

43 minutes ago, G said:

Again call me crazy but I think Carr’s personality dictates his chemistry with wrs and I can see why carr and hunter click.