RAVENS OVER TITANS

TEXANS OVER CHIEFS

RAVENS OVER TEXANS

SAINTS OVER RAVENS

BREES SB MVP

On 12/30/2019 at 7:53 PM, BayRaider said:

Best playoffs ever on paper. 

I’ll make my picks soon. 

Bills, Texans, Seahawks, Eagles - none are viable Super Bowl contenders.

The most intriguing teams going into the playoffs - for me at least - were the Titans and Vikings. Titans because of how hot they've been, Vikings because they have just about everything except Cousins, who himself goes from MVP to bum from week to week - but these two are going to the most difficult places to win a playoff game. That puts them into that non-viable category too, but only because they have almost no chance to win in the WC round. And even if they do, they'll be facing off against the Niners and Ravens.

The four best teams, IMO, are the Niners, Ravens, Saints, Chiefs

And that leaves you with the Packers and Patriots - nobody wants to discount the Packers because they have a bye (although they're probably the worst team in NFL history to get a bye week), and the Patriots because they're the Patriots. They could both make some noise, but odds are high that the Super Bowl is going to be won by either the Niners, Ravens, Saints or Chiefs.

All of which is to say, I don't see it as that great on paper. Large gaps between the best four teams and everyone else.

19 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Titans +190 on the ML! Free money!

Can you get some more action on the Titans? I'm trying to go long the Pats at their cheapest, like -3 or something. If you could tighten the spread a couple points so I can get in I'd be grateful!

On 12/30/2019 at 8:07 PM, The LBC said:

Saints will get "screwed" again.  Either at home against the Vikings or in Lambeau.  Because their fans will feel the need to one-up themselves again, thus having to go further than the suing the league they did last year, they'll fly en masse to protest outside league HQ in New York... and the league will break out the firehoses.  My wife will lock herself in the hall closet in extreme frustration (again).  My kids will stand outside the locked door haranguing her (again).  And I will thoroughly enjoy myself.

This time it will be a Saints TD taken off the board for reviewed OPI

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 5:00 PM, clarkfn2284 said:

I just don't see a team other than the Ravens knocking off a rested and mostly healthy 49ers team. I just feel like the Ravens are in for a let down at some point, but I could be wrong. I do think that KC is the only team that can knock off Baltimore in the AFC. They can obviously score with anyone and the defense has improved at the right time.

I actually think the Vikings could do it.  They match up fairly well with the 49ers.  Granted, the Niners have been playing better this season, but I do think the Vikings have the horses to hang with them IF they play their best football.  Of course, that would also require them getting past the Saints, so I don't want to get ahead of myself at this point.