Wildcard Round: VIKINGS (10-6) at Saints (13-3)

swede700

15 hours ago, dc_vikingfan said:

O'Neil deserves a lot of praise with the way he played against Cam. 2 years ago Cam destroyed Hill and was the main reason Case played so poorly in the 2nd half.

Also, Diggs had Mattison on the reverse but Mattison never looked back.  

O'Neill did a great job in containing Cam on the play where Cousins threw that bomb to Thielen in OT.

Take a closer look at some of the Minnesota Vikings’ biggest moments from Sunday’s playoff win, and you’ll observe Kirk Cousins’ pocket poise, Dalvin Cook’s speed and Adam Thielen’s hands. But the unsung hero from Sunday’s win may very well have been right tackle Brian O’Neill, who neutralized the Saints’ most intimidating pass rusher Cameron Jordan, as he’s done to many defensive ends this year.

https://zonecoverage.com/2020/minnesota-vikings-news/brian-oneill-doing-the-heavy-lifting-on-vikings-offensive-line/

On 1/5/2020 at 4:27 PM, Leader said:

It would be but it would never happen.
If you're lucky....the best you can anticipate is going 0 for 3 against GB :)

Hey, didn't Outpost31 tell you to change your avatar?  What are you waiting for man?  When the Vikings beat the Packers, the fury will all come back on you!!!!    ;)

Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph caught the game-winning touchdown pass in Sunday’s playoff win for the Saints, so the gloves he wore in the game are a valuable piece of sports memorabilia. Rudolph could have kept the gloves for the sentimental value, or he could have sold them to make some extra money for himself. Instead, Rudolph gave them away — to a member of the media he says lied to him, claiming they’d be part of a charity fundraiser. Instead, the gloves were sold on eBay.

Rudolph: “It’s disappointing. A member of the media in the locker room after the game asked if he could have my gloves for a charity benefit, so I said of course and I will even sign them for you! Well he got me, sold on eBay 3 days later.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/08/kyle-rudolph-says-media-member-deceived-him-for-his-gloves-sold-them-on-ebay/

as charitable as the Wilfs are, something tells me someone just lost their press credentials...

8 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph caught the game-winning touchdown pass in Sunday’s playoff win for the Saints, so the gloves he wore in the game are a valuable piece of sports memorabilia. Rudolph could have kept the gloves for the sentimental value, or he could have sold them to make some extra money for himself. Instead, Rudolph gave them away — to a member of the media he says lied to him, claiming they’d be part of a charity fundraiser. Instead, the gloves were sold on eBay.

Rudolph: “It’s disappointing. A member of the media in the locker room after the game asked if he could have my gloves for a charity benefit, so I said of course and I will even sign them for you! Well he got me, sold on eBay 3 days later.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/08/kyle-rudolph-says-media-member-deceived-him-for-his-gloves-sold-them-on-ebay/

as charitable as the Wilfs are, something tells me someone just lost their press credentials...

So you’re saying I shouldn’t have bought them? 

• Like 1

With Rudolph relaying through Twitter the way he was swindled by the purported media member, Vikings fan Jason King, the person who had actually purchased the gloves on eBay, reached out to Rudolph and said he wanted to make sure a charity of Rudolph’s choosing benefited from the mess. Rudolph replied thanking King for his gesture and promised he would he would get his gloves from this weekend’s game against the San Francisco 49ers.

Rudolph asked for any donations to be made to the University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital, which Rudolph has worked closely with in the past. King also said he would forward along any donations made to him to the hospital as well. King had already donated $1,630 sent to him to the cause, confirmed by the hospital, as of Wednesday night.

According to Courtney Cronin of ESPN.com, King still had not received confirmation that the gloves he purchased were even being sent his way. If they do eventually reach their intended destination, King will also send those gloves to the hospital as well.

“If I end up receiving the gloves, I would like them to be displayed at the children’s hospital in honor of Kyle,” King said. “I have four kids myself, and I really appreciate the work he does off the field.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/09/kyle-rudolphs-swindled-gloves-end-up-benefiting-charity-after-all/

• Like 3

No!  No!  No!   X 1000 No!!!

This is how we got killed by the Eagles.  Last time we had an improbable victory against the Saints in the playoffs, we spent the following week massaging away our guilt for disappointing the Saints fans by fundraising their punter’s charity.  Just because he came back out on the field for the PAT.  Meanwhile, the Eagles were focused on beating the Vikings and their Santa Claus booing fans were saying “win or don’t show your face in this town ever again.”  Our fans were saying “look how nice we are.”

Don’t fall for it Kyle!! Focus.  Or don’t show your face around here ever again.

Rats.  I feel dirty just typing that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Hey, didn't Outpost31 tell you to change your avatar?  What are you waiting for man?  When the Vikings beat the Packers, the fury will all come back on you!!!!    ;)

The avatars have nothing to do with anything....but if you want to buy in that they do...my avatar's led to GB beating MN twice already this season...so I'm sticking with what works.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, since72 said:

No!  No!  No!   X 1000 No!!!

This is how we got killed by the Eagles.  Last time we had an improbable victory against the Saints in the playoffs, we spent the following week massaging away our guilt for disappointing the Saints fans by fundraising their punter’s charity.  Just because he came back out on the field for the PAT.  Meanwhile, the Eagles were focused on beating the Vikings and their Santa Claus booing fans were saying “win or don’t show your face in this town ever again.”  Our fans were saying “look how nice we are.”

Don’t fall for it Kyle!! Focus.  Or don’t show your face around here ever again.

Rats.  I feel dirty just typing that.

Are you serious lol? I'm thinking they've learned from 2 years ago or at least that is what they're saying.

https://www.vikings.com/news/notebook-kyle-rudolph-vikings-have-shifted-full-focus-to-49ers

11 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Are you serious lol? I'm thinking they've learned from 2 years ago or at least that is what they're saying.

https://www.vikings.com/news/notebook-kyle-rudolph-vikings-have-shifted-full-focus-to-49ers

Oh good.  They’re listening to us.  I was nervous for a minute there.

So now that we have their attention, maybe VikeDaddy could give them a rousing Paul Newmanesque Old Time Hockey pep talk and maybe Krauser could break down the infinitesimal micro tendencies of the San Francisco defense for Kyle Rudolph and Kurt Cousins.  Maybe pass along a few mock drafts for Rick.

What do you think?  A winner?

• Like 1