2020 Opponents

Golfman

Since we have a bye week, it might be a good time to start to delve into 2020. I know those superstitious ones will not like this, so sorry in advance.

Based off of 2019 this schedule sucks! Better win it this year because 2020 doesn't look like a 13 win season. 

https://www.packers.com/news/green-bay-packers-list-of-2020-opponents-set 

• HOME GAMES: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Philadelphia Eagles
  • AWAY GAMES: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, San Francisco 49ers

So what changes are you looking for on our roster to get the Packers over the top in 2020, and repeat as Super Bowl Champions? :D

I thought just the opposite.  

Bears, Lions, Jags, Falcons and Panthers are all a mess.

Vikes, Eagles, Colts, Texans and Titans will be competitive games,  but very winnable.

At the Saints anat the 49ers will be difficult to win.  

Given a decent off-season, I don't see 12 or 13 wins as unreasonable at all.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Golfman said:

So what changes are you looking for on our roster to get the Packers over the top in 2020, and repeat as Super Bowl Champions?

Road games against New Orleans (with Drew Brees) and San Francisco are going to be tough.  Not impossible, but fairly tough opponents.  Overall, not a terrible schedule.

I posted this in the Random Packers News yesterday - didn’t think it needed a separate thread, because it’s pretty straight forward.  Outside of road games to SF and Orleans, I’m not sweating this schedule.  I’m more curious to see how the schedule gets structured, honestly.

Atlanta and Houston are improving teams but yes after another glance, if we hold fort at home, based on this year we could have a nice go of it.

NOW! What changes to you make to get us to the promised land? Not looking for mock drafts but given what we know now about our free agents, and players who should be available who do you target or what positions do you target? 

BTW, I have NOLA as a team in decline after this year. Father time will catch up to Drew Brees and they don't currently have much cap space to work with. 

49 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Friendly reminder not to look too closely at these. San Fran picked 2nd in last year's draft.

Exactly- this years schedule looked brutal, but he Cowboys, Eagles and Panthers were all down.  A lot changes season to season, and ultimately, we plays the same schedule as our north rivals sans two games.