Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, BZski said:

Lions wouldnt take a guy like Fowler who has character issues and Malcolm Brown is "Just a Guy". Bo Scarbrough played well enough last year that there probably isnt room for him on the roster. 

I can see maybe your 2020 2nd rd pick and a 2021 3rd.

Fowler's had zero character issues in the past 2 seasons and after seeing how it's played out in Jax between players and management I think we can agree his Jacksonville issues should be looked at with a grain of salt.

And yeah, not happening for Slay lol someone else can overpay that sum. We're good

Edited by BStanRamFan
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Fowler's had zero character issues in the past 2 seasons and after seeing how it's played out in Jax between players and management I think we can agree his Jacksonville issues should be looked at with a grain of salt.

And yeah, not happening for Slay lol someone else can overpay that sum. We're good

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jaguars/2017/07/19/jaguars-dante-fowler-arrested-simple-battery-criminal-mischief-misdemeanors/491824001/

He also refused to get treatment for an injury during the off-season, came in hurt/out of shape, and had to be put on PUP to start the year because of it.

Sorry, but neither thing here is on Jacksonville.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Yeah noway I think the Lions would take Fowler. They got a ton of money to spend in FA so a sign and trade wouldnt really make sense plus it rarely happens in the NFL. My bet is Slay wont be a Ram. I think he goes to Denver for the same cost. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, .Buzz said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jaguars/2017/07/19/jaguars-dante-fowler-arrested-simple-battery-criminal-mischief-misdemeanors/491824001/

He also refused to get treatment for an injury during the off-season, came in hurt/out of shape, and had to be put on PUP to start the year because of it.

Sorry, but neither thing here is on Jacksonville.

He also said since coming to LA he's had no issues at all off the field or in the locker room. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

#1 on my FA big board for the Raiders:

Please pay him about $17 million kthx

Get a video of him missing plays and tackles or all the tackles he makes are 8 yards past the line of scrimmage. He's a very good player but will likely be over paid but then that's not a new thing in the NFL. I loved me some CL but he's going to get more than he should. 

6 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

He also said since coming to LA he's had no issues at all off the field or in the locker room. 

Doesn't mean things can't pop up. Why do you think there's so much background info and history looked at prior to drafting/signing guys? It's not like just what's happened in the past year/two years matter.

Also, let's not act like JAX made him act like a crazy person and go crazy on that dude and toss his groceries in a lake nor made him refuse to get normal treatment on his own (even if he wouldn't come to JAX to do it which was what Coughlin (wrongly) had issue with).

Edited by .Buzz

22 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Doesn't mean things can't pop up. Why do you think there's so much background info and history looked at prior to drafting/signing guys? It's not like just what's happened in the past year/two years matter.

Also, let's not act like JAX made him act like a crazy person and go crazy on that dude and toss his groceries in a lake nor made him refuse to get normal treatment on his own (even if he wouldn't come to JAX to do it which was what Coughlin (wrongly) had issue with).

I'm probably in the minority on this topic, but I would tag him again with the hope of signing him next offseason when our cap gets more flexible. I think he's young and played very well behind/off of Donalds double teams. He stepped up his run support and make alot of plays in the backfield too. My biggest knock would be not wrapping up and finishing sacks/tackles or else he would of had 14+ sacks last year.

He's good. He's young. He's talented. He gets along in the locker room. I want him long term, but given cap constraints and other areas of need, I get why the Rams would be using assets however they see fit.

I don't want to see him go to Atlanta, cash in, and be JAG who barely cracks 10 sacks per. He can be All Pro if he puts it all together.

8 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'm probably in the minority on this topic, but I would tag him again with the hope of signing him next offseason when our cap gets more flexible. I think he's young and played very well behind/off of Donalds double teams. He stepped up his run support and make alot of plays in the backfield too. My biggest knock would be not wrapping up and finishing sacks/tackles or else he would of had 14+ sacks last year.

He's good. He's young. He's talented. He gets along in the locker room. I want him long term, but given cap constraints and other areas of need, I get why the Rams would be using assets however they see fit.

I don't want to see him go to Atlanta, cash in, and be JAG who barely cracks 10 sacks per. He can be All Pro if he puts it all together.

I'm not saying people should stay away. Although he is a guy that needs dominant play like Donald and co. around him because his pass rush movies/1 on 1 wasn't very pretty in JAX. Not a guy you ideally have as your top edge.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

What happened to Hooper "will definitely get tagged", and it being just "coach speak", Falcons fans and co.?

Think we decided to relocate some money to the defense instead of so much on the offense finally.  In some interviews with TD leading up to this they were talking about doing that.  Which leads me to believe we will target a big time DE or LB in the offseason i think which i am 100% all for and welcome finally.  If you check out the mocks section i've been pretty sure and adamant on us not keeping hooper lately not wanting us to at 10+ million.  While also not wanting us to draft a TE still until like round 5 or so.   I like what Jaedan Graham has shown while Hooper was injured and would prefer us to find a solid cheaper vet to team with him in FA.