Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

22 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

There's 2 months until the draft. There are a lot of player evaluations and interviews to be undertaken. There's also 2 months for Dwayne to be in the facility, working hard to prove he's the franchise QB to the new regime. This is a great motivating tactic. Come April 24, if the staff feels really good about Dwayne, they don't think twice about a QB.

Also, if the Bengals take Chase Young, you have exposed teams to the thought that you could take Burrow or Tua at #2 through your pre-draft process, and because of that, could get a draft haul for pick #2. Or, you convince Detroit you're into Tua, and force them to move to #2 if they plan to leapfrog Miami for Tua, or for Miami to move to #3 and then to #2, allowing you to take Chase and get picks back.

Bottom line: this is what a competent staff should be doing. 

Want to do a sig bet on us taking Tua or not?

There is 0% chance the Bengals take Chase Young. I mean 0. I've never been more certain of anything in my life. 

I don't have a sig and don't really know how to update one so I'd be lying if I agreed to something like that.

Bottomline: Rivera isn't tied to Haskins. It would be foolish for them to come out of this draft without a QB prospect to compete with Haskins for Day 1 starting job (Tua, Herbert, Fromm, Love) or a veteran FA. 

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

There is 0% chance the Bengals take Chase Young. I mean 0. I've never been more certain of anything in my life. 

I don't have a sig and don't really know how to update one so I'd be lying if I agreed to something like that.

Bottomline: Rivera isn't tied to Haskins. It would be foolish for them to come out of this draft without a QB prospect to compete with Haskins for Day 1 starting job (Tua, Herbert, Fromm, Love) or a veteran FA. 

I think we do sign a vet QB in FA.  Haskins is the only healthy option on the roster right now.

• Like 1

You can't be 100% that Rivera is tied to Haskins.

The same can be true of McCarthy and Dak.  (less likely but still possible)

FWIW in both cases I would give the incumbent this year to see what they have 

• Tag Dak and maybe draft a prospect
    • Cooper Rush is not the answer to any question, even if Dak winds up the long term guy.
  • Sink or swim with Haskins and then see what you get next year.
    • Unless they fall in love with a QB in this draft and can move down a bit so someone overpays for Young and they get their QB + additional draft capital.

13 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Quinn yes should have been kept for 1 more season based on the players playing hard for him and him being smart enough to hand the reigns over to raheem morris and ulbrich when his defense wasn't working.  His moves worked and we were one of the best teams in the 2nd half of the season with a much harder schedule.  Dirk wasn't my 1st choice to begin with as i wanted Kubiak, Lafleur, or Mcdaniels.   As for the guy from Bama please tell me you aren't talking about Sarkisian we ALL hated him here and wanted him gone.  At one pint he was the most disliked man in Atlanta :D As for Dimitroff im 50/50 with him but overall i like him more than i dislike him as i think he has drafted some really good players over the years for us.  

Now as for Koetter even though im not a fan of his offense or it's style i i also can't deny or take away from him that in 2012 Ryan also had one of the best seasons he's ever had under a DK led offense.  If you go and look at Ryans career his 1st year with a coordinator switch he struggles and in the 2nd year he blows up to put up almost mvp caliber numbers at times.  Im not sure if Koetter would count on this since he has been here once before but im willing to give it a go for 1 more season since we have no other choice.   Shannys 1st year here was terrible for ryan, Sarks 1st year here was terrible for Ryan, and this year was as well under dirk.  But this year under Dirk was better than the 1st year under shanny and sark.   Lets see if the trend continues and he puts up a 100+ QB rating again under year 2  of a OC switch.

What’s with the Sarkisian hate? He led Matt Ryan to a Top 3 QB season in 2018 and the Falcons had a solid offense that year. Then he went to Alabama this year and Tua was having a season on-par with Burrow, and it was one of the best offenses Alabama has ever produced. 

47 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What’s with the Sarkisian hate? He led Matt Ryan to a Top 3 QB season in 2018 and the Falcons had a solid offense that year. Then he went to Alabama this year and Tua was having a season on-par with Burrow, and it was one of the best offenses Alabama has ever produced. 

Because he would call completely idiotic plays at times in certain situations.  Im talking like it would be 3rd and 6 or 7 and he would randomly call a toss play to the RB or it could be 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 and he would go into a 5 step drop and try to throw it 20 yards down field.  His play calling was absolutely maddening and most falcon fans hated it. Plus Sarks offense had a horrible time scoring in the redzone over and over again.  We could get yards no problem between the 20's but once the redzone hit it was like his playbook and common sense flew out the window.   But if were being honest Ryan usually finishes in the top 5 in QB stats most years no matter who the OC is after he has had time to learn the offense or play calling style.   I know your hating on Dirk as well and im not really defending him but he also had Ryan finish as a top 5 QB in 2012 under his play calling 

But trust me when i say this the Falcons messageboard and Atlanta radio stations were calling for and begging for Sarks head the entire time he was here and even though i didn't dislike him that much the majority of everyone else despised him.    I personally consider Koetter and Sark about one in the same and would prefer not to have either one of them if i didn't have to as neither of them for the life of them can call a run game.  Of the 2 of them though i would say Dirks offense has scored more ppg between all his games than sarks did although not by much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

#2 pick for Tua will be highly sought after. Chargers, Raiders, Colts will all consider moving up for Tua. Even the Panthers if you don't believe the Cam statements that came out this week. 

Please let this happen so the Lions can have Chase Young fall into their laps!

6 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Jones was up there as well, two in the same division the same year is a rarity though.

I would think a Rams fan would be more open minded considering first overall pick Geoff was deemed a horrendous bust until McVay turned that team around.  Geoff might not be elite, but he is at least a capable starter in this league.  Haskins is an unknown at this point, but way too early to be anything but hopeful about his future.

7 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I would think a Rams fan would be more open minded considering first overall pick Geoff was deemed a horrendous bust until McVay turned that team around.  Geoff might not be elite, but he is at least a capable starter in this league.  Haskins is an unknown at this point, but way too early to be anything but hopeful about his future.

I think you misunderstood me. I’m not critical of them but of people giving Haskins and Jones so much grief. Much like what Goff received.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I can envision Indy trading up for Tua

You have Brissett, so no need to rush Tua.

There are teams that might trade up for him, but most likely the Dolphins make the short trade-up from 5 to 3; they have the draft capital to ensure no one else outbids them.  Chargers are also a short trade-up.

Of course, it all depends on the medicals.  If anyone trades up, then takes Herbert before Tua, that will be a sign that some teams don't like the medical risk.