Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

Jones was up there as well, two in the same division the same year is a rarity though.

Jones proved to be better than everyone thought he'd be, however I'm still not sold on him. Rookie years for QBs mean basically nothing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Do you agree keeping Quinn/Dirk? Seemed like the two easiest firing of the off season outside of Kitchens. Especially Dirk. And anytime I listen to the Falcon GM talk I cringe. Arthur should axe everyone. Poor Matt Ryan. Great quarterback. We’ve seen him be a Top 5 QB with proper OC’s like Kyle and the guy from Alabama. Ryans a great guy too. 

I thought both should have been canned last year and was arguing vehemently for that, but some dudes on here were saying I was crazy and if I was just patient enough, Quinn would show his worth (even though he's had five seasons to do that, but let's not let facts get in the way of narratives).

i just think yall are way to negative for my taste.

If we're being honest, the Falcons as an organization have given everyone plenty to be negative about. I've been watching this team since 2001 and they usually do dumb, moronic decisions like this. Which is why they don't have a championship. I don't really see or understand how people look at this team and think they're on the upswing.

I know you're probably not going to respond to me, but I feel like addressing the 2012 Koetter season anyway - that season was the result of the Falcons having basically way more talent on offense than literally anyone else in the NFL. The offensive line was healthy and effective, Matt was a young QB just hitting his prime, Julio, Roddy, and Tony were a better 3 than most teams had. They were just out-talenting other people, but with mediocre play design. This is why keeping Hooper was critical, because you just can't put out average dudes out there in a Koetter offense and have them be successful in the long-term. What happened to Koetter's offense in 2013 and 2014 when the Falcons were one of the most injured teams in the NFL? It fell apart. It was usually vs. teams that had good pass rushes that play heavy press coverage that the Falcons really struggled against too. That's not by accident, that's a result of Koetter refusing to scheme dudes open - so when guys got injured and the talent level decreased, it predictably made the offense worse.

So if you're just expecting a repeat of 2012 next year, I would guarantee actual money that won't happen. Koetter's just not smart enough for it to happen. I'm honestly predicting a regression for the offense now, if that was possible over 2019. I personally think the "2nd year bump in a new OC" thing is kind of a meme (the offense in 2017 wasn't as bad as you think it was, it was actually pretty good they just had horrendous luck).

Edited by Hukos

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Not going to rehash the arguments for and against Haskins in this thread, but I'm excited to see what he can do this year after a strong finish in 2019.

Redskins to meet with Tua and Herbert before the draft. Ron Rivera says meetings with top QB's is not just due diligence. Likes Haskins, but all options are on the table.

Maybe send Rivera an email to explain what he's not seeing? lmao

12 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Redskins to meet with Tua and Herbert before the draft. Ron Rivera says meetings with top QB's is not just due diligence. Likes Haskins, but all options are on the table.

Maybe send Rivera an email to explain what he's not seeing? lmao

Oh boy, lol.  It's cute that you actually expected anything different.

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Oh boy, lol.  It's cute that you actually expected anything different.

I expected them to check out all top 10 prospects. I did not expect a definitive statement that all options are all the table for Haskins and that this is more than due diligence.

I can't imagine Rivera took the job with the 2nd pick overall and clear direction that he was glued to Haskins. 

Drop to #5 with Miami. Take Herbert who is similar build to Cam. Pick up #18 in the process.

I'd be pounding the table for that if I'm a Skins fan. 

5 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I expected them to check out all top 10 prospects. I did not expect a definitive statement that all options are all the table for Haskins and that this is more than due diligence.

I can't imagine Rivera took the job with the 2nd pick overall and clear direction that he was glued to Haskins. 

Drop to #5 with Miami. Take Herbert who is similar build to Cam. Pick up #18 in the process.

So - just so I'm clear - in this scenario, you're thinking Miami is giving up #5 and #18 to move up three spots?

That seems excessive. Very excessive.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I think Tua actually legit could be on the table. I also believe that this is a good push to make a team offer their first born to move up - because you have to, I think, to pass up Tua and Young. 

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

So - just so I'm clear - in this scenario, you're thinking Miami is giving up #5 and #18 to move up three spots?

That seems excessive. Very excessive.

#2 pick for Tua will be highly sought after. Chargers, Raiders, Colts will all consider moving up for Tua. Even the Panthers if you don't believe the Cam statements that came out this week. 

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

#2 pick for Tua will be highly sought after. Chargers, Raiders, Colts will all consider moving up for Tua. Even the Panthers if you don't believe the Cam statements that came out this week. 

Hmm... and per the draft value chart (not the authority on these matters, but still a good tool) the 2nd pick (2600) is equal to pick 5+18 (1700 +900). I didn't think that would be the case.

So... objection withdrawn. :)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

There's 2 months until the draft. There are a lot of player evaluations and interviews to be undertaken. There's also 2 months for Dwayne to be in the facility, working hard to prove he's the franchise QB to the new regime. This is a great motivating tactic. Come April 24, if the staff feels really good about Dwayne, they don't think twice about a QB.

Also, if the Bengals take Chase Young, you have exposed teams to the thought that you could take Burrow or Tua at #2 through your pre-draft process, and because of that, could get a draft haul for pick #2. Or, you convince Detroit you're into Tua, and force them to move to #2 if they plan to leapfrog Miami for Tua, or for Miami to move to #3 and then to #2, allowing you to take Chase and get picks back.

Bottom line: this is what a competent staff should be doing. 

Want to do a sig bet on us taking Tua or not?

• Like 1