2020 equals new Uniforms

hornbybrown

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Looks great, but we still need something flashy, at least not just a tiny tweak and more disappointment for much as about nothing. Maybe let's get one with a tangerine and chocolate, light brown accent--just spitballing. Maybe we go with a brighter brown tone top to bottom with (almost?) no orange and an ear area that looks like hound dog ears on a brown helmet--could be lame or awesome, depending how it's done. Why can't we actually have cool uniforms?

The Chargers have their powder blues. The Seahawks got it down with their aquamarine or whatever blue their neon green. The Eagles and Jets have some stunners. The old school light blue and orange Broncos jerseys are killer. The all Martin Redskins are tight. The orange dreamsicle Buccaneers jerseys are fun. The Dolphins sea green and orange pop. The Bills have that melon red that looks awesome with the white. Bring back that classic jersey and introduce an alternate (with the brownie emblem from the 50s? Tayne will talk with Jimmy about it.)? Our white jerseys are missing something (maybe a brown helmet, maybe add matching brown tone across the pads?). We have a bottom half of the league jersey. 

Bringing back the old school jersey only pops us up a couple places. Let's actually have awesome jerseys. It's not rocket science. Nobody in our division has great jerseys--the Ravens almost do but dilute the purple with black that does not aesthetically to improve the look--so why not us?

Edited by NudeTayne

I'm of the mindset to do a total revamp and screw tradition. Our tradition has been trash for the last 30 years and we haven't been dominant since before my Dad was a teenager. Scrap the whole damn look and shake things up. I hope we bring back white helmets as an alternative, use cool and unique color combinations with dark brown/burnt orange/grey/white, and generally shake things up. At this point, we need to somehow break this friggin curse. If that means we change our mascot to a voodoo doll and sacrifice a goat before each game, it is what it is. If however, the do a grand unveiling of something that looks exactly like what we have already had, I will probably die from suffocating on my own puke. 

1 hour ago, shoffma1999 said:

I'm of the mindset to do a total revamp and screw tradition. Our tradition has been trash for the last 30 years and we haven't been dominant since before my Dad was a teenager. Scrap the whole damn look and shake things up. I hope we bring back white helmets as an alternative, use cool and unique color combinations with dark brown/burnt orange/grey/white, and generally shake things up. At this point, we need to somehow break this friggin curse. If that means we change our mascot to a voodoo doll and sacrifice a goat before each game, it is what it is. If however, the do a grand unveiling of something that looks exactly like what we have already had, I will probably die from suffocating on my own puke. 

Problem is that they tried to do that with the current uniforms and go for a extreme shake up and thats how we got into this uniform mess. While I 100% agree that the old throwback uniforms are stale, boring and out of touch with the year 2020--I think there is a way to make them look good and modern without going over the top.

The biggest issue is the colorway. Brown is just a extremely hard color to make look good on any uniform. A small tweak they could make is to have Brown be the accent 3rd color and go much heavier with white/orange as the 2 primary colors with Brown only being used for accent striping. Bowling Green has a few alternate uniforms that do this and I think its the best looking ones they have.

Brown is just such a hard color to make look good in a uniform you almost have to hide it or make it minimally used. Outside of the Padres throwbacks I cant think of another pro sports team that has brown as a main color and thats probably for a reason.

4bbb24469db612d0babeedd0bbc75d60--cardin

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shoffma1999 said:

I've been trying that already. Hasn't worked yet.

• Like 1