Dorsey officially fired

hornbybrown

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

This is the worst take...

Only reason the browns didn’t have back to back winning seasons was coaching. It was Hue and Haley the first year and it was Freddie’s fault this year. 

Dorsey did a hell of a lot more of good than bad. Yea the Freddie hire was bad but with what he did, he deserve a 2nd chance at hiring the coach and that would have been the end of the line if that was a failure. 

Dorsey gets a pass for Hue as he was forced upon him by Jimmy, but he owns Freddie and that ish show that was 2019 100%.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Hey dude we’re here for your intervention. 

I have to ask, who you want as our 480th coach?

Not a fan of McDaniels. Anyone can change, but he still strikes me as eternally douchey.

I care more about the leadership stuff than I do the X’s and O’s. It’d be great to have both, but I think we need a leadership guy who can hire smart coordinators and assistants.

If you force me into a name, Stefanski looks fine to me. We may not do a giant risk hire after failing with Freddie, but I would kinda like one of the unknown guys like LaFleur if he fits.

Not a fan of McCarthy. Too conservative for me. One of the only things I liked about Freddie was his aggressiveness. I hope we hire another guy who wants to be aggressive rather than overly safe.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

If the Haslams finally listen to Depodesta, they'll hire Andrew Berry as GM

I find it hard to get excited about bringing back the guy who presided over personnel while we went on a 1-31 run and elevating him to an even higher position. These are the good old days Truckstop Jimmy is pining for mow? Something about Einstein's definition of insanity applies here.

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Dorsey gets a pass for Hue as he was forced upon him by Jimmy, but he owns Freddie and that ish show that was 2019 100%.

Agree, but I wish we should have given Dorsey another shot at it. Or, if the Haslams are serious about accountability for an underperforming season, they'd fire themselves after presiding over nothing but.

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Sources uncertain whether or not the Browns will hire the GM first who will hire the HC, or whether they will handpick the HC who will then hire the GM. Should I tell them how this is going to turn out? 

I hear George Kokinis is available

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JDD said:

He was having extra cuticular relations with a staff member if I remember the rumors 

Wasn’t it with another executives wife? I wish we could hear the whole story. All the media people claim to know it but won’t tell. I’m pretty sure they’re BSing tho 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Wasn’t it with another executives wife? I wish we could hear the whole story. All the media people claim to know it but won’t tell. I’m pretty sure they’re BSing tho 

I am not sure on the executive's wife.  I heard it involved after hours, his office and a desk.  There was no sitting in a chair.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, buno67 said:

This is the worst take...

Only reason the browns didn’t have back to back winning seasons was coaching. It was Hue and Haley the first year and it was Freddie’s fault this year. 

Dorsey did a hell of a lot more of good than bad. Yea the Freddie hire was bad but with what he did, he deserve a 2nd chance at hiring the coach and that would have been the end of the line if that was a failure. 

Reports say that Dorsey wanted to keep Freddie...

He did A LOT of bad, but no point to discuss it now. He is gone, hopefully next one will be better.

• Like 1