Only three players remain from the 6-division era

pf9

16 minutes ago, theJ said:

Why is anything relevant? Why are we here? What is the point of this all?

Where do chairs even exist when we arent sitting in them?

Ive often wondered what my FBI agent’s big board looks like after checking out all these draft websites with me?

• Like 2

On 1/3/2020 at 8:43 AM, PapaShogun said:

I miss the AFC and NFC Central. The old NFC West logistically was terrible though. Especially when Carolina was added to make it even worse. And Arizona in the NFC East was stupid.

It was dumb when Tampa was in the NFC Central.  Were the Cardinals in St. Louis at that time when they were in the NFCE?  Should Dallas still be in the NFCE?  They have long time rivals there but I thought they realigned teams geographically the last time.

11 minutes ago, Pugger said:

It was dumb when Tampa was in the NFC Central.  Were the Cardinals in St. Louis at that time when they were in the NFCE?  Should Dallas still be in the NFCE?  They have long time rivals there but I thought they realigned teams geographically the last time.

Yeah the Cardinals were in St. Louis as a part of the NFC East. They never were a rival though for any other NFC East team since they were largely a joke for their existence. Thought they could have easily switched with an NFC West team. At least when Carolina came along, that should have been a no brainier switch. Put the Panthers in the East, and Cardinals in the West.

4 hours ago, Pugger said:

No matter how crappy the NFCE is (witness this year) they are still the darlings of the media. The reason is obvious, all high population, principal cities, New York, Washington, Philadelphia, Dallas. No division can touch that MSM fire power. So naturally, Dallas got the exception in realignment. They ain't breaking up that huge money maker.

5 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Yeah the Cardinals were in St. Louis as a part of the NFC East. They never were a rival though for any other NFC East team since they were largely a joke for their existence. Thought they could have easily switched with an NFC West team. At least when Carolina came along, that should have been a no brainier switch. Put the Panthers in the East, and Cardinals in the West.

Back in 1970, the Cards should have been in the Central (they were closest to those teams), with the Falcons in the East (with the Eagles, Giants, and Redskins) and the Boys in the West (with NO, SF, and the Rams).