Tom Time

Shady Slim

Brady 2020  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Tom Brady next season is going to...

• Retire
    • Play on for NE
    • Play on for Someone Else (say)

29 minutes ago, Silver said:

Did not know that! NFL news outlets underplayed that he bought a house, all I ever heard was he is selling his current home.

Definitely dings my argument, but I still think he wants out. 

I think more than wanting out that he doesn’t want to waste the last few years of his career grooming rookies and waiting for them to adjust. So either Bill gets the offensive weapons necessary to not have a repeat of this year or Brady goes to a team that makes more sense in that aspect. Pats have enough cap space to re-sign him, whether discounted or not, so I don’t think that will end up being as big of a factor as people are making it out to be.

7 hours ago, jebrick said:

If, as Brady has said, he is not giving a home town discount, do the Pats want him at $36M+ per year?  What do you think he will get paid?  At least 30M

Nitpicking, but Brady didn’t say that. Glazer and Glazer alone (AFAIK) reported that, but didn’t cite. 

I get this is al big news and stuff but there’s lots of false/exaggerated info being floated out there (“Tom Brady has taken less than league average for 19 seasons”, is another from the same article with Glazer). Brady’s home being for sale is being put out there but there’s nothing on the bigger mansion he just bought in Connecticut. Shrug. 

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, childofpudding said:

Do you think any teams would offer him that? I do think there will be plenty of interest for Brady, but not sure any team would give him 2 years guaranteed. Maybe if the second year is guaranteed at a much lower salary with incentives included or something. I'm not a salary/cap guy so I don't know what's possible.

Yes, I believe a number of teams would make that kind of move. 

Bringing in a HOF QB can excite a fan base and generate interest/tickets sales 

Both the Raiders and Chargers would fit the bill and have the cap space to make that sort of offer.

The titans are also a potential fit on a two year deal. They've moved on from Mariota and for as well as Tannehille played during the season he is far from proven and had a pretty dismal game against the Patriots. The Brady/Vrabel connection coupled with the Titans success this year could allow the titans to add Brady for two years to compete now while they draft and groom a successor to learn under him.

• Like 1

I don't see why he wouldn't be back with the Patriots next year.  He just needs a stronger supporting cast as he gets older, and this year felt like one where the retirement of Gronk and OLine losses really hurt them in a way they couldn't fully replace.  It was still a good team, a playoff team with Brady at the helm...just had holes that never really got patched.  Get Brady some more weapons, bolster that OLine, hope for some better health there and a bit of development from some younger guys...and i don't see any reason whatsoever, why they couldn't be right back there as Championship contenders next year.

5 hours ago, DannyB said:

Are you serious? Bill has made it subtly or not-so-subtly clear that he hopes Tom decides to move on so that he can move forward with the next phase of the franchise.

If you don't see that, it's because you live in homer fan-fiction land.

Please provide your sources.

If Brady were to go to another team, it's not gonna be one in rebuild mode. Theres maybe 2 or 3 teams that didnt make the playoffs that could get consideration perhaps. Theres no chance he would go to Oakland, Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinnati, NYJ, NYG, Jax, AZ, Washington, Miami, Atlanta, LAC, imo.

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It’s no secret Bill wanted to keep Jimmy who he thought was a franchise QB. Kraft met that with a hard block. 

Jimmy has been gone two years now though. That’s old news and there is nobody to fill his spot.

This guy is saying that BB wants Tom out. I’m just asking for sources since it’s been stated that it’s obvious BB wants Tom out right now (that’s the implication I’m reading from his comment.)

Just now, DannyB said:

Oh! Sorry....

*Being a normal observant human being with ears, eyes, and common sense, especially from 2014 up until now

I’m not being condescending so I’m not sure why you are.

Im asking for sources because I feel like you’re reading into it too much.

The plan was to bring in Jimmy G once he was ready and Tom was done for one reason or another. Well, Jimmy is gone and I’d like to know from which press conference or interview or otherwise you’re hearing Bill say or imply he wants Tom out this year. Or am I misunderstanding you?

• Like 1