Divisional Round GDT - Vikings at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Seventy-five percent of the field has been eliminated, including the last three SB champions. You don't get here if you don't have some guys that can play ball. Trends and history mean nothing. It seems a sophisticated game with the coverages and schemes and whatnot, but I played the game. A lot of you did, too. I wasn't very good, but sometimes I won and that was because I put on the chinstrap and bashed the guy across the line harder than he bashed me; which did really hurt, sometimes, but winning was worth it.

It's a primal game. Our big sons of ******* against their big sons of *******. Analyze whatever you want, but the better set of sons of ******* tend to win. Get the nachos and beer and rock on, just remember it ain't life and death.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I told my wife come Sat, 4:35 pm EST, please let me be. If I yell, scream, jump up and down or roll on the floor,  just ignore me.

Honestly, I don't remember being this stressed out during the Harbaugh years during the playoffs or important games.

I'm excited to see how this team starts out Saturday. Mistake free football please!!! It is nerve-wracking especially our 2nd half schedule. So many nailbiters. We need a dominant game just step on their throats and take the win.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

If Packers can knock out the hawks, Packers seem to have the vikes number this year. Then id expect Ravens/Chiefs to take it all.

See I hope we win and GB beats Seattle. If it lines up that way this could be our year. We crushed GB this year and we can do it again. I want no parts of Seattle anymore this year.

21 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

See I hope we win and GB beats Seattle. If it lines up that way this could be our year. We crushed GB this year and we can do it again. I want no parts of Seattle anymore this year.

Honestly the more I think about it, I kind of want Seattle. I think we match up better against GB, but if we went in and dominated the Seahawks in the NFC championship game I don’t think there would be any stopping us and our teams confidence would be sky high.

• Like 1

hope it's a good game this saturday! you guys have a great team and play similarly to us. of all the advantages you guys have (home field, more rest, etc.), the single biggest thing that worries me is that your field is grass. during zimmer's tenure his defenses have looked great on turf but a step slower on grass. 

zimmer had his defense ready this past weekend vs. the saints but he's capable of having bad game plans, where you usually lets his "demons" come through. his philosophy is take away the run game and make an offense one-dimensional, but first and foremost protect against the deep ball. against the seahawks and packers he was really scared of wilson and rodgers' deep balls so he played two-high safeties most of the game, which just invited the opponents to run. the seahawks game was especially frustrating because they stayed with light boxes all game long and the seahawks responded by rushing a bunch... with 6 offensive lineman. as you guys probably know they use 6 OL the most in the league but in that game they easily ran the most 6 OL plays they had all season. 

considering those are the niners two strengths offensively (and your offense is more creative than seattle's), i really don't expect our defense to show out like it did against the saints. the only thing i do have faith in them with is their red zone defense. without the threat of the deep ball, they play sound across the board, great against the run, and were the second best team in the league for red zone defense and iirc the third team wasn't that close (broncos were first). 

offensively i have no idea how it's going to go. we love running the ball but for the last half the season haven't been that effective running the ball. all of a sudden against the saints, who are great defending the run, we run all over them in the first half. so i don't know lol.

either way hopefully it's a competitive game and there's no injuries for whichever team wins so they'll be at full strength to take down the packers in the conference final!

15 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Honestly the more I think about it, I kind of want Seattle. I think we match up better against GB, but if we went in and dominated the Seahawks in the NFC championship game I don’t think there would be any stopping us and our teams confidence would be sky high.

Don't worry about all of that. Just win this week. 

Anyone seen our "hype" video? It's so so so bad lol 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, whitehops said:

hope it's a good game this saturday! you guys have a great team and play similarly to us. of all the advantages you guys have (home field, more rest, etc.), the single biggest thing that worries me is that your field is grass. during zimmer's tenure his defenses have looked great on turf but a step slower on grass. 

zimmer had his defense ready this past weekend vs. the saints but he's capable of having bad game plans, where you usually lets his "demons" come through. his philosophy is take away the run game and make an offense one-dimensional, but first and foremost protect against the deep ball. against the seahawks and packers he was really scared of wilson and rodgers' deep balls so he played two-high safeties most of the game, which just invited the opponents to run. the seahawks game was especially frustrating because they stayed with light boxes all game long and the seahawks responded by rushing a bunch... with 6 offensive lineman. as you guys probably know they use 6 OL the most in the league but in that game they easily ran the most 6 OL plays they had all season. 

considering those are the niners two strengths offensively (and your offense is more creative than seattle's), i really don't expect our defense to show out like it did against the saints. the only thing i do have faith in them with is their red zone defense. without the threat of the deep ball, they play sound across the board, great against the run, and were the second best team in the league for red zone defense and iirc the third team wasn't that close (broncos were first). 

offensively i have no idea how it's going to go. we love running the ball but for the last half the season haven't been that effective running the ball. all of a sudden against the saints, who are great defending the run, we run all over them in the first half. so i don't know lol.

either way hopefully it's a competitive game and there's no injuries for whichever team wins so they'll be at full strength to take down the packers in the conference final!

We don't take a lot of deep shots so no need to worry about that. 

8 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I just got some ****ty news last night. DirectTV informed me that it will no longer carry my local NBC channel. >:(

My local bar that plays NFL games uses DirectTV. So now, I need to watch the game at my Grandmother-in-law's house! This is not ideal.

Got a digital antenna? Doesn't cost much. Sure your local Wal-Mart/Best Buy, etc. has some. Might save you stress to just purchase a $20-30 antenna. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

"In fact, there’s been eight 1 vs 6 contests in the NFL Divisional Round since 2013 and and all eight were won by the top-seeded squad. But those #1 seeds are just 3-4-1 against the spread."

"There were also two 1 vs 6 showdowns in 2010 and in each case, the six seed won. The New York Jets upset the New England Patriots 28-21, while the Green Bay Packers hammered the Atlanta Falcons 48-21.

The Packers are the most recent six seed to win the Super Bowl."

One missed/bad call against the Vikings by the referees sent them to the playoffs

Edited by TENINCH
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Got a digital antenna? Doesn't cost much. Sure your local Wal-Mart/Best Buy, etc. has some. Might save you stress to just purchase a $20-30 antenna. 

I might have to go that route. I'm waiting for the season to end so I can cancel DirectTV because I literally only use it for watching football. I stream everything and could use the digital antenna for local channels, if needed. 

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

I might have to go that route. I'm waiting for the season to end so I can cancel DirectTV because I literally only use it for watching football. I stream everything and could use the digital antenna for local channels, if needed. 

I'm in my 1st year of being an NFL Gamepass subscriber: it is fantastic. As far as live games during the regular season, you can only listen to the radio feed. However, as soon as the game ends, you can watch it without commercials. Hours later, they will have a condensed version, where you can watch it in 35-45 minutes (I really like this feature, because it actually encourages my wife to watch it with me! :x ). 

I also discovered that the playoff games are all live streamed via Gamepass! That's how I watched Saturday's games this last weekend! $100 for access from August through the next July! so good. 

• Like 2