2019 Divisional Round Playoffs

Leader

37 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Yes, but momentum is not a thing according to the 'analytics' experts on here! 

O'Brien should be fired for that fake punt. 

Or maybe it's not as much momentum as it is two freak, low probability plays happening and then a far better team asserting it's will?

Add in two bad decisions by Bill O'Brien and any edge the Texans had from those turnovers is erased.

19 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Just taking a quick poll here. You've all now watched a good amount of other good teams play football as typically happens in the playoffs. We've seen some other QBs play.

Anybody still think Rodgers is an elite QB?

I haven't seen any elite QB play this weekend. If you want to know if the offense scares me, the answer is yes. I base this on 16 games.

15 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Texans were actually up 24-0 lol. They may end up losing by 24 when this is said and done

Was it really? My gosh. Actually now that you say that, i think I turned it on JUST as KC was celebrating a TD but didn't really register to me. Distracted by some crap I'm fooling around with on PC

26 minutes ago, Golfman said:

The problem with you is it's wasted on the young! You are proof of that. 

1. The fact you try and refute momentum in sports actually exists is proof you know not what you speak of! 

2. Analytics alone without thought for the current situation you reside will get you beat. Baltimore is ABSOLUTELY proof of that. 

Trust me punk I know more about analytics then you'll ever know. I also have a thing called common sense your generation wasn't blessed with.

Enjoy your day you little $#%^&! 

If you want to say that momentum is a thing, that's fine. Just understand that there's nothing to support the idea that can be observed.

• If you assume that you gain positive momentum from a TD drive, you would assume that your defense would have a better stop rate controlled for by drive distance than those started off of punts. That hasn't been observed. 
  • If you assume that you gain positive momentum from a TD drive, you would assume that your offense would score more points on average following that drive. That hasn't been observed. 

Expected points data suggested that the Ravens were better off going for it on both of those 4th downs. That doesn't mean that in every single instance they would have a better outcome. It means that with a large sample size, going for it on both of those instances would have a higher expected outcome.

In blackjack, you still hit when you have 12, even if you busted the last time you tried it. This isn't complicated. 

• Like 3