2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

Qb will always be graded on a curve. If you went with better footballer by position than all of those guys were better than Murray. Murray was about middle of the pack for a QB. Sanders had the 16th most yards from scrimmage out of the whole NFL and averaged .1 yard less than McCaffrey per touch. He also only started 11 games. If he was used like McCaffrey we would be talking OPY maybe. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Qb will always be graded on a curve. If you went with better footballer by position than all of those guys were better than Murray. Murray was about middle of the pack for a QB. Sanders had the 16th most yards from scrimmage out of the whole NFL and averaged .1 yard less than McCaffrey per touch. He also only started 11 games. If he was used like McCaffrey we would be talking OPY maybe. 

Murray was 21st in passer rating. 

Fun fact: Daniel Jones was 20th

58 minutes ago, Danger said:

Murray was 21st in passer rating. 

Fun fact: Daniel Jones was 20th

Murray has his legs which you can’t dismiss but point stands. He wasn’t anything special. He’s laid a good foundation but he wasn’t deserving of that award. 

3 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Any interest in Vic Beasley? 

For me kind of warm on the idea. 3rd down....kind of like how we used Long. 

I feel like he’s been living off that one great season his whole career.  The Falcons have no pass rushers and still aren’t even trying to bring him back. 

6 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I feel like he’s been living off that one great season his whole career.  The Falcons have no pass rushers and still aren’t even trying to bring him back. 

someone like looked at the numbers of that season and his success was actually a statistical anomaly. There was no way on earth for that to ever repeat itself and it hasn't. 

Edited by ninjapirate

26 minutes ago, DeJack_10 said:

So Press Taylor got promoted to passing game coordinator. Assuming Deuce gets the run game  coordinator? Ughhh I don’t like it.

They basically fired Groh for Taylor.

"We're not replacing Mike Groh with Press Taylor, we didn't make him Offensive Coordinator"