2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

10 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

For reasons that dont make any sense the eagles are waiting to announce all coaching positions at once. 

So Burke, Manuel and Washburn should all be real. 

They love doing it and it’s stupid...but probably for the best with loose lips Doug.

“I definitely haven’t hit my ceiling, man,” Cox said, via Zach Berman of TheAthletic.com.

Cox was expected to team up with Malik Jackson on the interior of the Eagles defensive line, but Jackson went down for the year in the season opener. He thinks putting the tandem together is “really going to show a difference” on the field once the Eagles get back to business.

Cox at pro bowl weekend. Can’t wait for Jackson to get in there. Wouldn’t mind a decent draft pick to go with them if Timmy doesnt re up. 

45 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

“I definitely haven’t hit my ceiling, man,” Cox said, via Zach Berman of TheAthletic.com.

Cox was expected to team up with Malik Jackson on the interior of the Eagles defensive line, but Jackson went down for the year in the season opener. He thinks putting the tandem together is “really going to show a difference” on the field once the Eagles get back to business.

Cox at pro bowl weekend. Can’t wait for Jackson to get in there. Wouldn’t mind a decent draft pick to go with them if Timmy doesnt re up. 

There are some really intriguing option if they did end up going there in the 1st...which honestly I think is amongst the things more likely to happen than not.

Kinlaw and Brown are likely gone, but Neville Gallimore is an intriguing guy. Would fit perfectly next to Fletch as a 1tech penetrator. More stock/wide, brings it in the run and pass defense. 

This isn’t the year to draft dt we need to go heavy at wr. Malik and Cox should be a great duo, but I want an established veteran like Gerald McCoy or Mike Daniels.  I’m more worried about de pass rush more then our 5t. What will help our defense mighty and the reason we haven’t reached Cox peak yet is our corners. We need to invest In free agency HUGE on two new starting corners that can press and not play all the way off the line. Like jim used to do in his bills days. Byron Jones and Bouye in a trade is what I’m looking at. If jags are in a rebuild, I call about Bouye and Calias. Think of those two together in the wide nine 

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

While he is an upgrade for sure and I won't turn my nose up at any secondary upgrade, hasn't he had the most success in the slot? Isn't that the one place where we actually have decent CB's (Maddox, LeBlanc)? 

Yes. It makes virtually no sense.

I honestly would be pissed off if the Eagles signed Ryan.

If he even is an upgrade over those guys its marginal at best. 

I respect Pauline's sources and I'm sure he's heard things, but in no way does this really solve our problem in the secondary and saying he may be slightly less than Byron Jones is even more a detriment to why we shouldn't touch Ryan with a 10 foot pole.... although I doubt that's the case. Jones should get a significant amount more.

If anything slot corner has been the easiest secondary position for us to figure out even through the crappy secondaries we've had..... look at Brandon Boykin, Patrick Robinson, Cre'von LeBlanc, etc.

Outside corner on the other hand has been a rotating door of mediocre to bad play.