2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

He never resonated as a Philly type guy. We didn’t connect with him at all. He thought eagles fans booing the pick at the draft meant we were booing him and that stuck in his crawl forever. Always had a complex about it. Same way we booed Billy Wagner when he didn’t reach 100 mph on the speed gun. He just didn’t get that it wasn’t about him. We were sore about not getting Ricky Williams. I think ALL of us would agree we made the right decision drafting 5 and we were wrong. He was tough, had a lot of success but he’s not revered as he should be among the likes of Dawk, Chase Utley, Iverson etc. Those guys embodied us. They played and talked and acted like we would if we were playing. McNabb player air guitar and failed in big moments. We just couldn’t embrace that guy. And he’s been forever salty about it. Some guys get it, some don’t. That TO debacle was a microcosm of McNabb. 

Perfectly said. It was so weird to have so many guys on that team get it, and for him to be so damn oblivious the entire time. He still doesn’t get it.

• Like 2

Cool. Former DC in Miami. Washburn’s kid as an assistant too. Wide 9. Kind of blasphemy after Jason Babin rolled through but Schwartz does a good job with incorporating it without letting it take over the whole defense. Makes me want to get rid of Barnett though. Too much trouble for not enough production. Get someone in here that’s a speed demon off the edge opposite BG. 

10 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Cool. Former DC in Miami. Washburn’s kid as an assistant too. Wide 9. Kind of blasphemy after Jason Babin rolled through but Schwartz does a good job with incorporating it without letting it take over the whole defense. Makes me want to get rid of Barnett though. Too much trouble for not enough production. Get someone in here that’s a speed demon off the edge opposite BG. 

I wonder what Burke was doing here last year day to day...but apparently he’s very detailed oriented and on board with the platooning, both were things Phillip Daniels wasn’t into reportedly.

7 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

nah the washburn that's an assistant coach is a former NFL Oline coach.

Edit: Oh I guess it is his son. 

Edited by ninjapirate

On 1/24/2020 at 6:25 AM, Jroc04 said:

👍👍👍Agree with Barnett... maybe he is just a good #3 DE... maybe we trade him, but hopefully we go out and sign FA Yannick Ngakoue... we need better production from whoever our starter is 🤙🤙🤙🤙

Edited by EAGLES 1977
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, EAGLES 1977 said:

Kind of my dream FA DE (NGAKOUE).... Realistically DE (JUDON) is probably more in our price range... CB is a bigger need... What CB do you think we go after? 🤙

Byron Jones, Chris Harris Jr, James Bradberry (probably signs with the skins), Kevin Johnson, Mackensie Alexander, Trae Waynes, Darqueze Dennard. I think we use FA to fix CB and we go after 2 of those guys. We watch Jones shut down Alshon twice a year, and we scouted him heavily leading up to the draft, so he's probably our #1 target.

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Byron Jones, Chris Harris Jr, James Bradberry (probably signs with the skins), Kevin Johnson, Mackensie Alexander, Trae Waynes, Darqueze Dennard. I think we use FA to fix CB and we go after 2 of those guys. We watch Jones shut down Alshon twice a year, and we scouted him heavily leading up to the draft, so he's probably our #1 target.

I wonder how active the trade market will be for CB’s? Maybe Boyue or Casey Hayward. 

with 10 picks trade for one then sign one 

Edited by EaglesPeteC