2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

25 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Game planning and play calling were pretty bad last year iyam. 

Just look at Carson's numbers in the first quarter the last two years vs 2017. It's night and day. Those first 15 scripted plays, that's on the OC, not Doug as near as I can tell.

37 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Random post but I feel like we won't really spend any significant resources on DE this off season with the DE Genard Avery trade acquisition. They've come out publicly saying that he was acquired for the 2020 season and beyond.

It'll depend on what we address in FA. I certainly wouldn't be mad if we took Chaisson or YGM  (assuming they look good at the combine and when I review their tape- which I haven't yet) in the 1st. Barnett is solid, but unspectacular. We'll probably cut B-Rex after next season, during which he will probably decline. Sweat hopefully takes another step forward, but I wouldn't count on him. Avery is still a question mark. That guy we drafted from Penn State has a long ways to go. Ostman is coming off serious injury and the FO didn't think he was 53 man roster quality before that. We have bodies at DE, but we don't have any great pass rushing DE's. We have several guys who play the run very well, and can rush the passer a little bit. Wouldn't mind seeing us spend some resources on a true sack artist.

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

It'll depend on what we address in FA. I certainly wouldn't be mad if we took Chaisson or YGM  (assuming they look good at the combine and when I review their tape- which I haven't yet) in the 1st. Barnett is solid, but unspectacular. We'll probably cut B-Rex after next season, during which he will probably decline. Sweat hopefully takes another step forward, but I wouldn't count on him. Avery is still a question mark. That guy we drafted from Penn State has a long ways to go. Ostman is coming off serious injury and the FO didn't think he was 53 man roster quality before that. We have bodies at DE, but we don't have any great pass rushing DE's. We have several guys who play the run very well, and can rush the passer a little bit. Wouldn't mind seeing us spend some resources on a true sack artist.

I don't think we'll sign any nor draft any bc of Avery as silly as that sounds. I can just hear Roseman saying "well, we traded for Genard Avery so that's like a draft pick for us" in some post draft press conference. I wouldn't be upset with YGM or Chaisson either. I think our top 3 in Graham, Barnett and Sweat is solid, but we do need that dynamic guy. Really rooting for Sweat to take that next step after really flashing for me this past season. Avery has some juice, there's a reason Cleveland fans were pissed they traded him. Miller is a non factor and prob another wasted draft pick, hope I'm wrong. I'm 50/50 on bringing Curry back, I don't want him blocking reps for Avery and Sweat.

44 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Would you all trade your first straight up for Odell?

Would I, Yes and not think twice. Howie though, not so much. Despite the head case OBJ appears to be I'm willing to ignore all of that just to see what Carson Wentz could actually do with a Legit #1 (Top 5 type WR) at his disposal?

It IMO would be a TO type effect  like he had with McNabb/Romo. We"d just have to hope since he already has his contract, Sit ups in the driveway won't happen this time!

16 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Where was I for the peak years!?