2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm not getting that interpretation one bit? Not even remotely. 

If Howie wasn't going to look so bad for cutting Alshon after giving him that Rediculous extension,  it would of happened already. Like most GM's though , He's not trying to look like the fool.

Also starting to wonder if it wasn't Alshon this whole time but Agholor mitching and complaining behind closed doors? If AJ was really that big of a issue within the Locke room,  he'd be gone by now and they'd take the Cap hit.

Starting to think that's not the case. 

That is certainly a very strong possibility, as Howie is know to have a ¨big ego¨for lack of a better term.

Regardless, someone is very wrong with the approach to the WR position. Either Carson for having that much power on who we bring or the management for approaching the need with that mindset. It is worth noting that there´s precedent from the FO when it comes to this. They asked Carson to look at tape of WR to see who they would draft back in 2017. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Have no idea how they would even consider that contract. 

Only way it might sort of work is if it was a 1 for 1 swap with Alshon and they cut a deal with each other with the money. But it was an unlikely rumor for sure

Edited by EaglesPeteC

25 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Only way it might sort of work is if it was a 1 for 1 swap with Alshon and they cut a deal with each other with the money. But it was an unlikely rumor for sure

An overpriced under achiever for an overpriced injured veteran. 

I don’t get it either way. I really don’t get it for the Chiefs though. 

2 hours ago, Eagles23 said:

Alshon the best receiver on the team still

Not really last year. And just because he's the tallest midget doesn't mean he's worth keeping for the cancer he is and all the money he's costing us for years to come. Cut him and be done with it. Unless we have a killer draft, if Alshon is still here come June 2nd (I understand Designated cut, but I'll just give it the benefit of the doubt), I'm turning on Howie. I can't support this dude anymore.

Can put Ertz for Yan trades to bed unless it was a Mitch move by Howie to lock Ertz into staying a Jag for 2021 as well.

Elsewhere in transactional news Friday:

» The Philadelphia Eagles exercised tight end Zach Ertz's 2021 option Thursday, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. Ertz will account for $8 million in 2020 and $8.25 million in 2021, with talks on an extension likely to pick up in the coming months, per Pelissero

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Can put Ertz for Yan trades to bed unless it was a Mitch move by Howie to lock Ertz into staying a Jag for 2021 as well.

He did the same for Alshon

Ertz for Yan was a thing? I'd do that.

Edited by Jeezla