BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

I'm ok with name recognition though assuming the player hasn't been injured or looks like they've fallen off an age related cliff. Like if Khalil Mack went 6 or 7 games without a sack, I wouldn't all of a sudden think ok, don't need to worry about him. 

I think there are some projection issues. Like where a no.2 receiver is putting up great numbers because their IRL no.1 draws a lot of attention, or some defensive player in a very specific role who plays like 27% of the snaps for an 88 PFF grade is a full-time starter in BDL, then there's a problem. 

2 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

I'm ok with name recognition though assuming the player hasn't been injured or looks like they've fallen off an age related cliff. Like if Khalil Mack went 6 or 7 games without a sack, I wouldn't all of a sudden think ok, don't need to worry about him. 

I think there are some projection issues. Like where a no.2 receiver is putting up great numbers because their IRL no.1 draws a lot of attention, or some defensive player in a very specific role who plays like 27% of the snaps for an 88 PFF grade is a full-time starter in BDL, then there's a problem. 

Yeah I see what you did there 😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

30 minutes ago, PR said:

I keep hearing... Wentz will have issues all day... 

My OTs have given up a combined 3 sacks through five weeks.

How does one translate into the other? It is frustrating some of the projection based on name recall here.

Trent Williams has given up four sacks by himself and his oline is seen as stout..

Yeah it doesn’t really matter who the opponent is when you play Ruskie’s pass rush your OTs are gonna run into trouble protecting the QB for 60 minutes.

17 minutes ago, MD4L said:

GG @rackcs. You have a tough team to plan for.

Same to you. Despite the injuries, it was still tough. I doubt you noticed but I wrote a longer gameplan for you than I'm pretty sure anyone else this season. I honestly feel lucky you're pretty banged up right now.

• Like 1

Just now, MD4L said:

Yeah it doesn’t really matter who the opponent is when you play Ruskie’s pass rush your OTs are gonna run into trouble protecting the QB for 60 minutes.

Well of course unless you trade for Taylor Lewan ...for next season

Just now, rackcs said:

Same to you. Despite the injuries, it was still tough. I doubt you noticed but I wrote a longer gameplan for you than I'm pretty sure anyone else this season. I honestly feel lucky you're pretty banged up right now.

I know the feeling..gg @Jlash. See you in a couple weeks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Yeah I see what you did there 😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

? It applies to Ridley to an extent, but he's proven he can produce without Julio as well. 

Anyway gg @wwhickok tough match and deserved win. Great work turning this team around to a contender so quick. See ya in 2 weeks lol. 

• Like 1