BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Who be CMD

32 Team Epic 30+ Round full team draft we did for a month after the SB on Walter Football.  Think we di 3 or 4 maybe.  the CMD II Thread had over 100k posts, it was insane.

Edited by pheltzbahr
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

32 Team Epic 30+ Round full team draft we did for a month after the SB on Walter Football.  Think we di 3 or 4 maybe.  the CMD II Thread had over 100k posts, it was insane.

The CMD was awesome, but I'm sure it was a lot to run. Would love to try something like it again though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

I'm not sure I love those moves for @Jlash. Value is fine but Camden went 5-1 on the back of Russ and nuke and pretty much nothing else for a couple of weeks. The return of aj brown, Leonard and adams, and the possibility of improved play for Ngakoue due to his IRL trade would have made this team really dangerous and I am not necessarily fond of trading away assets when you are a championship contender. But I guess two championship rings make it easier for him than for anyone else to do that. 

1 hour ago, pheltzbahr said:

I'm glad someone said it, cuz I wasn't going to .  Lol.

I know these aren't really calling me out, so don't take this as me being defensive but I guess I can explain my reasoning a little. I've played in this thing long enough to know when you exhibit certain fatal flaws that will limit where you can go. "Big" weapons, I had those, fine. "Big" QB, got that. Strong running game. With Dak dead and that Cowboys OL given up Zeke isn't moving the needle in a positive manner anymore, so that's gone. Edge rushers, IMO I have that. But even with 5 sacks in 6 games Ted just said Ngakoue could still improve, and Crosby isn't a household name really so again, no needle moving on edge guys even though I like them. Corners. I have one legit one. I was hoping for Greedy to take a step forward but he's likely done for the year with a nerve issue, and then when it looked like I had a breakout rookie in Sneed he breaks his collarbone diving for a pick. I also didn't have the assets at the time to acquire one one more than a 1 year rental. So to me, once we got into crunch time, it was going to be incredibly easy for opponents to pick on my OL, my running game, my ability to pressure the QB and my CB's. That's a lot. 

Then Racks came to me weeks ago and asked about Russ. Once I saw the value there, knowing if I waited until the offseason that diminishes greatly, it wasn't long after I decided to start planning a transition. 

Some people have questioned the return I got for Hop, but in reality when 6 people ask the price and 3 laugh at it, I think I did pretty well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

I know these aren't really calling me out, so don't take this as me being defensive but I guess I can explain my reasoning a little. I've played in this thing long enough to know when you exhibit certain fatal flaws that will limit where you can go. "Big" weapons, I had those, fine. "Big" QB, got that. Strong running game. With Dak dead and that Cowboys OL given up Zeke isn't moving the needle in a positive manner anymore, so that's gone. Edge rushers, IMO I have that. But even with 5 sacks in 6 games Ted just said Ngakoue could still improve, and Crosby isn't a household name really so again, no needle moving on edge guys even though I like them. Corners. I have one legit one. I was hoping for Greedy to take a step forward but he's likely done for the year with a nerve issue, and then when it looked like I had a breakout rookie in Sneed he breaks his collarbone diving for a pick. I also didn't have the assets at the time to acquire one one more than a 1 year rental. So to me, once we got into crunch time, it was going to be incredibly easy for opponents to pick on my OL, my running game, my ability to pressure the QB and my CB's. That's a lot. 

Then Racks came to me weeks ago and asked about Russ. Once I saw the value there, knowing if I waited until the offseason that diminishes greatly, it wasn't long after I decided to start planning a transition. 

Some people have questioned the return I got for Hop, but in reality when 6 people ask the price and 3 laugh at it, I think I did pretty well.

Who is saying you didn't get enough for Hopkins? You got the equivalent of 3 real life first rounders for him. Obviously values are a bit different in BDL, but that's still three premier talents you could potentially add. And knowing how well you draft, you'll likely get at least 2 premier talents if not 3 outright.

5 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Who is saying you didn't get enough for Hopkins? You got the equivalent of 3 real life first rounders for him. Obviously values are a bit different in BDL, but that's still three premier talents you could potentially add. And knowing how well you draft, you'll likely get at least 2 premier talents if not 3 outright.

I did.

11 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Bodega Bois 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pheltzbahr said:

What a glorious time

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Hey Jed not bad for a rookie LT

r766798_1280x720_16-9.jpg&w=375&h=211

Turner at 2 is...something.

• Like 4