The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

As for TE, both guys we signed are at best short term fixes, and Harris has never been any more than a TE3 so his signing shouldn’t have moved the needle for anything need wise. He was a set the floor signing. A year from now we were going to be in the same position as this offseason, with no plan at the focal point position of our passing game. I wouldn’t have taken Kmet at 43 either but that doesn’t mean an immediate TE2 upgrade with TE1 potential wasn’t absolutely still a need for us. 

From what I've seen, the TE class isn't very impressive, where the WR class most definitely is. I would have drafted TE lower. I also can't understand why they don't seem to have any faith in Horstead.

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

We can trade our 5th and one of our 6th round picks to move into the 4th. I'd do it.

If that's all it would take, then I'd be all for it.

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m not opposed at all to trading our 2021 5/6 either since we’re expecting to get those back as comp picks after our FA anyway. 

Let's hope Pace can do something. There are a lot of good names on @WindyCity's list that won't be around in the fifth...

I really want to see us make a move up from #163...Tyler Biadasz has went from being a little overrated to now being really underrated...he would make for a good centre long term...especially if he can get back to 2018 form...love his movement skills when he pulls out in front in the running game...not your typical big guy from Wisconsin.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

From what I've seen, the TE class isn't very impressive, where the WR class most definitely is. I would have drafted TE lower. I also can't understand why they don't seem to have any faith in Horstead.

I don’t think the Kmet pick impacts Horsted - he’s a U and Kmet is a Y. I’m also not going to overrate Horsted because he made one great catch against Detroit - I like him but he’s a long term project and can’t be relied on for anything of significant consequence in 2020.

I agree about the TE class being underwhelming overall. You could argue though with that being the case the apparent reach for Kmet makes more sense given the position’s importance to our scheme. 

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I really want to see us make a move up from #163...Tyler Biadasz has went from being a little overrated to now being really underrated...he would make for a good centre long term...especially if he can get back to 2018 form...love his movement skills when he pulls out in front in the running game...not your typical big guy from Wisconsin.

Listen to one of recent Locked in Bears episode.  Some guy was on there and spent like 15 mins talking about how Biadasz is going to be underrated based on 2019 tape and is much,  much better than people think.  

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think the Kmet pick impacts Horsted - he’s a U and Kmet is a Y. I’m also not going to overrate Horsted because he made one great catch against Detroit - I like him but he’s a long term project and can’t be relied on for anything of significant consequence in 2020.

I agree about the TE class being underwhelming overall. You could argue though with that being the case the apparent reach for Kmet makes more sense given the position’s importance to our scheme. 

Agreed 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

Pace probably should have found the least painful way to trade for OJ Howard (future picks, Cohen, whatever). Not that I'm a big Howard fan, or anything, but that would probably make more sense than missing out on Mims or Claypool or Josh Jones. Draft another TE next year when you've got that first round pick again. 

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Listen to one of recent Locked in Bears episode.  Some guy was on there and spent like 15 mins talking about how Biadasz is going to be underrated based on 2019 tape and is much,  much better than people think.  

He made a good case.  

• Like 1