The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

1 minute ago, GOGRIESE said:

I mean. We did sign one of the best pass rushers in free agency. 

And I adore that move. But I'm not sure that the moves are necessarily linked. Also not that sure that neglecting the offensive line to secure Quinn (if that's what you're suggesting) was even necessary. They could have drafted Epenesa, they could have drafted Anae. 

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Prince's body is breaking down and that's bad for a guy who relies on physicality which usually leads to a fast and steep decline. We needed a CB badly.

Why did they sign Roberson? 

Just now, Heinz D. said:

And I adore that move. But I'm not sure that the moves are necessarily linked. Also not that sure that neglecting the offensive line to secure Quinn (if that's what you're suggesting) was even necessary. They could have drafted Epenesa, they could have drafted Anae. 

I dunno I'm gonna hold off and see what they do with the offensive line. But right now they are kinda screwed this year with both tackle positions having "established" players. Really only 1 true spot is open. 

5 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Doubtful. There are other lineman out there that I would have preferred to a corner we shouldn't have needed, anyway. 

The vast, vast majority of the time, good OT prospects don't get taken after round 2, so he either has issues with injuries, poor character or he just isn't good

8 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Just gonna float this...was it THAT important to not pay Prince Amukamara his $9 million/per, just to deprive us of a chance to upgrade the offensive line?

Does this make sense to anybody else? I thought cutting Amukamara at the time was senseless--this compounds that poor decision exponentially. 

Even if they kept Amukamara, they probably still draft Johnson. Amukamara's never been the face of health and he's getting up there in age.

1 minute ago, GOGRIESE said:

I dunno I'm gonna hold off and see what they do with the offensive line. But right now they are kinda screwed this year with both tackle positions having "established" players. Really only 1 true spot is open. 

Just because they (maybe) screwed up and gave fairly big contracts to a couple of guys who stumbled through last season, that doesn't prevent them from drafting a kid who can play better, and sending the bumbling, overpaid veteran to the bench.