The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

31 minutes ago, Epyon said:

And "work" in this case involves replacing AT LEAST 3, if not 4 of them bums

We'll see how Ifedi does. But you're not all that wrong in your assessment.

29 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm not saying it doesn't need to be improved moving forward. But I'm not as down on the OL as most here. 4 out of 5 projected starters are part of the same group that are only 1 year removed from being an above average unit. And for this reason I'm willing to give them another shot. Last season was a disaster but there was ALOT of confusion which points to the staff.

Keep Daniels at LG and WHitehair at C.

If they didn't get an OT, I was all for a new center, moving Whitehair back to guard (along with Daniels). Looks like that won't happen, though. 

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I would love us to dangle a player like Cohen for a late 3rd round pick...unlikely sure but some teams will see "pro bowl"and jump at it hahaha

We can only hope. At this point, let's dangle Trubisky for a fourth.

What a disaster this is. 

We could have had Josh Jones and Denzel Mims, for crying out loud...

Edited by Heinz D.

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

His running style is too physical for the NFL...big target for some really big defenders.

I disagree completely. People said the same about Henry too. "Too big for a RB" He's 240 pounds running AT defenders, not just absorbing hits. 

Plus he's a running back, you don't need to get 15 years out of him. I'd take him over Montgomery right now. 

Just now, Sugashane said:

I disagree completely. People said the same about Henry too. "Too big for a RB" He's 240 pounds running AT defenders, not just absorbing hits. 

Plus he's a running back, you don't need to get 15 years out of him. I'd take him over Montgomery right now. 

As a rookie he will be a force...after 4 years he will be Marion Barber III

Just gonna float this...was it THAT important to not pay Prince Amukamara his $9 million/per, just to deprive us of a chance to upgrade the offensive line?

Does this make sense to anybody else? I thought cutting Amukamara at the time was senseless--this compounds that poor decision exponentially. 

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

Just gonna float this...was it THAT important to not pay Prince Amukamara his $9 million/per, just to deprive us of a chance to upgrade the offensive line?

Does this make sense to anybody else? I thought cutting Amukamara at the time was senseless--this compounds that poor decision exponentially. 

I mean. We did sign one of the best pass rushers in free agency. 

• Like 2

Just now, Heinz D. said:

Prince's body is breaking down and that's bad for a guy who relies on physicality which usually leads to a fast and steep decline. We needed a CB badly.