Stefanski’s staff

pnies20

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

... need it ... someway somehow..

If we did hire him, he'd be gone by the end of year 2 for Head Coaching positions so we'll need to hire a offensive quality coach or QB coach that can serve as a redundancy...

Like Stefanski?

I definitely prefer he not call plays out of the gate as a rookie HC, but 2-3 years of experience and I’m sure he’d be fine to step in if he didn’t think we had a suitable replacement.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Like Stefanski?

I definitely prefer he not call plays out of the gate as a rookie HC, but 2-3 years of experience and I’m sure he’d be fine to step in if he didn’t think we had a suitable replacement.

We almost hired KS after 3 games called as an interim OC so if LaFleur had a productive year as our OC he might be gone after year 1 as the league loves hot name Coordinators....

It would be great for him not to call plays right away. Hopefully, he can find a competent guy he can trust.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

We almost hired KS after 3 games called as an interim OC so if LaFleur had a productive year as our OC he might be gone after year 1 as the league loves hot name Coordinators....

It would be great for him not to call plays right away. Hopefully, he can find a competent guy he can trust.

Oh I agree, it would be great to have a pipeline of great offensive minds, but push comes to shove, Stefanski isn’t incapable.

That’s all I’m saying.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

We do this every single coaching search. We worry about being so good one of our assistants are going to leave to be a HC. And it has never happened. Not once. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We do this every single coaching search. We worry about being so good one of our assistants are going to leave to be a HC. And it has never happened. Not once. 

Ain’t this the truth.

”after we start our dynasty and win consecutive Super Bowls we won’t have an OC in place”.

Let’s cross that bridge when we come to it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Seriously - guys like Andy Reid and Belichick lose coordinators from their tree all the time, and still do just fine because they are good, winning coaches. If we have that "problem" with Stefanski, and people are plucking the tree because they want a piece of the winning action, I'll gladly take it.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Mind Character said:

... need it ... someway somehow..

If we did hire him, he'd be gone by the end of year 2 for Head Coaching positions so we'll need to hire a offensive quality coach or QB coach that can serve as a redundancy...

At this point we can't be worrying about that. Just land the right coach to establish the proper precedent for the offense. He seems like the perfect candidate to lay the foundation for Kevin Stefanski's offense. Will be fascinating to see what Minnesota does, as one would have to imagine Clint Kubiak being a prime QB coach candidate here jamona

• Like 1